Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trufflefoo
Oct 29, 2006
If I was looking for a compressor and spraygun in the UK, what should I buy?
It’s for painting bicycles and maybe something suitable for airbrushing? Unsure if that’s a compatible aim.
I don’t really need to run air tools and it’ll be infrequent use.
Budget of < £250 ideally. I know nothing about compressors or spraygun, but LVLP guns are intermittently recommended for this, according to that there internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trufflefoo
Oct 29, 2006

Jaded Burnout posted:

I don't know much about sprayguns, but I get on fine with this compressor for infrequent use:
https://www.screwfix.com/p/impax-om227-24-cm2-proe3625-24ltr-electric-air-compressor-230v/4070v

It doesn't have a huge tank though, so take that into account with whatever stuff you use it on.

A bit piece of advice I received was to not use power extensions, and instead use long air hoses, so I picked up some reasonably priced on Amazon.

Thanks, that looks about what I was after. Will pick one up.
Advice about hoses is good, that would never have occurred to me. Cheers!

trufflefoo
Oct 29, 2006

Jaded Burnout posted:

Specifically I grabbed this cheap accessory kit, this 15m hose, and this 30m hose.

The 15m hose required some adapters because it's BSP instead of quick-release "euro" adapter, but that wasn't so bad. Much more annoying was finding the right adapters for the nailguns I bought because I got them from the US (price inc. international shipping was still much cheaper than buying here). That saga is probably somewhere back in this very thread.

I think given I mostly want to use this for painting in my garage (and my driveway is right outside), I think the 15m hose is all I'll need. I'll grab that and the accessory kit.

Looks like an approriate spraygun, if anyone does have opinions (1.3mm + 18.mm LVLP).