Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LactoseO.D.'d
Jun 3, 2002
Oh wow the title. Well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LactoseO.D.'d
Jun 3, 2002
Can someone give me an example of something I would be expected to use VBA for in Excel in an IB environment? I get so much functionality off of just the macro recorder, I have a tough time envisioning what I would actually need to bust out some code for.

LactoseO.D.'d
Jun 3, 2002

BingoMcJiggles posted:

I just recently finished one of these MFE programs. I would not recommend it unless you can program and actually enjoy programming.

How are your job prospects?

LactoseO.D.'d
Jun 3, 2002

nnnotime posted:

Useful VBA stuff

Thanks very much.

LactoseO.D.'d
Jun 3, 2002

BingoMcJiggles posted:

Not that great as I'm still looking for a job at the moment. I’m trying to get into trading. The problem is most people don’t want to be quants after doing the program.

That is incredibly ironic considering most people enter wanting to become quants. I guess making term sheets for exotics all day isn't as riveting as people think it will be. I've gone through all of Wilmott's stuff and its certainly not something I'd ever want to do. Props to you for finishing.

If there is interest in trading, I have a US-based list of all upper tier trading shops (some prop, some MM) that I assembled over the years (although some lower level ones did sneak in). If any of you want it, send me a PM. I was able to get it down to 50 or so.

I'm in the market for new trading/capital market leads. I just got rejected today for a position I've been interviewing for since October, so I have to start over.

LactoseO.D.'d
Jun 3, 2002
^^ What sort of positions is this for?

LactoseO.D.'d
Jun 3, 2002

Mandalay posted:

Would a hypothetical analyst who worked twice as fast as an average analyst get to go home early in banking?

I'm guessing they'd just give him twice as much work and pay him 10% more.

LactoseO.D.'d
Jun 3, 2002
Would anyone like to throw out some recruiters worth checking out? I'll throw out Drum Associates and Selby Jennings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LactoseO.D.'d
Jun 3, 2002
Those of you looking to get into the options trading houses, they are recruiting right now and you if you haven't applied you should do so immediately before they wrap up their campus tours.

• Locked thread