Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011
What's everyone's picks for Condit vs Kampmann 2?

I'm prob gonna go a multi on Court-Tavares-Cerrone at 4.25, might put Kelvin on there as well.

What's everyone thinking for Condit Vs Kampmann? I want to back Kampmann but not sure if I can sell myself on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

turntabler posted:

I want to back Kampmann

this is the least likely outcome of the night. condit is going to make it look really, really easy.

i've got hiyoki / cerrone / condit parlay and feeling pretty good about it.

MacDeuce
Oct 23, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

this is the least likely outcome of the night. condit is going to make it look really, really easy.

i've got hiyoki / cerrone / condit parlay and feeling pretty good about it.

Hioki's getting wrestled.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Condit/Kampmann not going the distance parlayed w/ Kelvin winning - 25.00 for 63.00

Condit within 5 rds/Cerrone/Kelvin parlay - 10.00 for 53.91

Cerrone/Gastelum/Perez/Tavares/Elkins parlay - 5.00 for 48.55

Condit within 5 rds 5.00 for 11.00

handsome only face fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Aug 29, 2013

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

MrSmokes posted:

$10.00 to win $6.90: Okami/Souza goes 3 round distance -145* vs Fight won't go 3 round distance
$10.00 to win $7.69: Brandon Vera -130* vs Ben Rothwell
$19.00 to win $7.04: Floyd Mayweather Jr -270* vs Saul Alvarez
Couple more additions:

$10.00 to win $35.01: parlay of Condit, Gastelum, Tavares, Andrews, Thatch
$7.50 to win $5.56: Hatsu Hioki -135* vs Darren Elkins
$12.50 to win $4.81: Brandon Thatch -260* vs Justin Edwards
$10.00 to win $14.50: Condit wins inside distance +145* vs Not Condit inside distance

Feeling good about these. Good luck everyone!

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Anthony Pettis @ 2.00
£17.50 Single

Darren Elkins @ 2.10
£17.50 Single

Jason High @ 1.80
£17.50 Single

Zak Cummings @ 1.80
£17.50 Single

Parlays are way too irritating.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Here are my stupid bets -

*(9303) Benson "Smooth" Henderson -130 Aug 31/13@09:30p

Competitor: (9302) Anthony "Showtime" Pettis
Web US$ 5.00 US$ 3.85

Going to be a good fight but I see Benson doing some layin' in the near future.

*(9501) Ben Rothwell +110 Aug 31/13@08:00p

Competitor: (9500) Brandon Vera
Web US$ 5.00 US$ 5.50

Never, never, never stop underestimating how bad Vera is capable of being.

*(9301) Frank Mir +155 Aug 31/13@09:00p

Competitor: (9300) Josh "The Warmaster" Barnett
Web US$ 5.00 US$ 7.75

Frank Mir is a lot better than he gets credit for AND faced actual competition with some success in the past five years.

*(9305) Clay "The Carpenter" Guida +325 Aug 31/13@08:30p

Competitor: (9304) Chad "Money" Mendes

My stupidity bet of the evening. Guida should lose but has a great ability to herk jerk Jardine himself into some close decisions, so that's a thing.

I parlayed them all for a buck as well because gently caress it.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Betting on Frank Mir makes me feel weird but anytime I see a hyped person from outside the UFC enter it against a veteran as an overdog dollar signs start showing up in my eyes.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

MacDeuce posted:

Hioki's getting wrestled.

clay guida barely loving eeked out a wrestly decision. elkins is not as good as clay guida imo and hioki's been training specifically for wrestlers for two fights now. he got this.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Hioki has all the talent in the world but good God that is a man you should not ever trust with your money. He's a brilliant grappler but he has a critical inability to adjust mid fight and sometimes will just fight the stupidest possible fight for no reason whatsoever. Watch his fight with Kim Jong Man to see just how badly he can poo poo the bed against the ultimate gimme opponents.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Hioki has all the talent in the world but good God that is a man you should not ever trust with your money. He has all the talent in the world but he has a critical inability to adjust mid fight and sometimes will just fight the stupidest possible fight for no reason whatsoever. Watch his fight with Kim Jong Man to see just how badly he can poo poo the bed against the ultimate gimme opponents.

You raise a good point but I don't think elkins will have a game plan that will necessitate hioki adjusting mid fight. I believe some glory is overdue to the land of the rising sun

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Hioki has all the talent in the world but good God that is a man you should not ever trust with your money. He's a brilliant grappler but he has a critical inability to adjust mid fight and sometimes will just fight the stupidest possible fight for no reason whatsoever. Watch his fight with Kim Jong Man to see just how badly he can poo poo the bed against the ultimate gimme opponents.

I always thought he'd do some good work in the first round or maybe round and a half then start coasting

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Yeah hioki should win this fight on paper, and he has the talent to win it with ease but hes not a great bet from a sports betting perspective. He has the opposite of all the things you look for value in in MMA betting (japanese, not a wrestler, style that judges dont like, on a losing streak, hasnt fought in a long time, etc) on top of which hes a favorite so you are getting no value on your money. I still really hope he wins though, he only lost against Lamas who turned out to be really underrated and lost a bullshit decision to guida which arent 2 bad losses at 145

Last event i had $50 at +300 against my gambler friend on michael johnson against Lauzon, now the same guy is giving me even odds on my $150 that Condit/Kampmann wont go to decision. Im hoping kampmanns chin doesnt hold up, condit just keeps getting better and i think theres no way he doesnt find a hole to TKO kampmann some time during 5 rounds. Lets go... double or nothing... Betting on MMA is good to me

manyak fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Aug 28, 2013

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011
I ended up going $100 on Kelvin-Cerrone-Condit at $3.06 and $100 on Hioki-Tavares-Mcgee at $3.94.

Good luck everyone.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

turntabler posted:

I ended up going $100 on Kelvin-Cerrone-Condit at $3.06 and $100 on Hioki-Tavares-Mcgee at $3.94.

Good luck everyone.

While I'm not being critical if you dropped two hundo on some parlays, what the hell do you mean here? +306/+394?

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011

Captain Log posted:

While I'm not being critical if you dropped two hundo on some parlays, what the hell do you mean here? +306/+394?

Yeah, Aussie betting sites would do a +200 as $2.00. I just leave it as if because it becomes harder to translate favourites into the +/- style of presenting odds if the site doesn't have the feature.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

turntabler posted:

Yeah, Aussie betting sites would do a +200 as $2.00. I just leave it as if because it becomes harder to translate favourites into the +/- style of presenting odds if the site doesn't have the feature.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I just put some money on Hioki based on this threads comments

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

willie_dee posted:

I just put some money on Hioki based on this threads comments

You showed us!

outy
Aug 27, 2004

3 for 3 tonight, so I've stuck £20 to win £32.50 on Condit/Kampit not going the distance.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
All I have on tonight is a twelve fight one dollar lottery. Aside from the no contest, I've hit the other six so far (i think the no contest doesnt count as a loss) . Crossing my finger on the next five.

Mizugaki
Whittaker
Kelvin
Cowboy
Condit

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

attackmole posted:

All I have on tonight is a twelve fight one dollar lottery. Aside from the no contest, I've hit the other six so far (i think the no contest doesnt count as a loss) . Crossing my finger on the next five.

Mizugaki
Whittaker
Kelvin
Cowboy
Condit

At my bookies an nc voids the parlay :(

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I hope not. I've gotten money back for draws before, so I thiiiiiiink I'm good but this might just lead to disappointment.

Of course, because 12 fight parlays are stupid I'm probably gonna lose out on one of the next fights but a man can dream.

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011
From what I've seen when there is a NC in a parlay it usually gets treated as if the fight never happened and your parlay just gets rolled forward... except if it's NCed after the event due to pissing hot etc and by then I've withdrawn the money and changed betting sites.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

attackmole posted:

Of course, because 12 fight parlays are stupid I'm probably gonna lose out on one of the next fights but a man can dream.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Great event, I won all my bets (hit that sweet 5 fight parlay!) except for Hioki. I also lost $12 on Perez, made that bet before the fight. Can't complain though, still did good.

outy posted:

Anthony Pettis @ 2.00
£17.50 Single

Darren Elkins @ 2.10
£17.50 Single

Jason High @ 1.80
£17.50 Single

Zak Cummings @ 1.80
£17.50 Single

Parlays are way too irritating.

outy posted:

3 for 3 tonight, so I've stuck £20 to win £32.50 on Condit/Kampit not going the distance.

Congrats on all those wins! I'm picking Bendo to win this Saturday though. I just think he's improved more than Pettis has since their first matchup, and his better wrestling will be the key.

manyak posted:

Last event i had $50 at +300 against my gambler friend on michael johnson against Lauzon, now the same guy is giving me even odds on my $150 that Condit/Kampmann wont go to decision. Im hoping kampmanns chin doesnt hold up, condit just keeps getting better and i think theres no way he doesnt find a hole to TKO kampmann some time during 5 rounds. Lets go... double or nothing... Betting on MMA is good to me

You have a cool friend, congrats.

UFC 164 bets below! There's a lot of lines that I see good value in.

$19.51 to win $16.26: Benson Henderson -120* vs Anthony Pettis
$10.00 to win $7.69: Brandon Vera -130* vs Ben Rothwell
$5.00 to win $8.50: Soa Palelei +170* vs Nikita Krylov
$10.00 to win $11.50: Gleison Tibau +115* vs Jamie Varner
$8.00 to win $7.27: Magnus Cedenblad -110* vs Jared Hamman
$5.00 to win $5.75: Mendes wins by 3 round decision +115
Silly hail mary parlay $2.00 to win $200.64: Henderson, Barnett, Mendes, Vera, Tibau, Kang, Palelei, Cedenblad
$5.00 to win $10.00: Palelei wins inside distance +200
$5.00 to win $21.75: Poirier wins by submission +435
$10.00 to win $23.00: Palelei wins inside distance +230
$5.27 to win $6.32: Soa Palelei +120* vs Nikita Krylov

Queering Wheel fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Sep 1, 2013

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Long-shots or bust.

$5.00 to win $1,071.63 Pending 3 Team Parlay
Pending 8/31/13 10:30pm Props Fighting 1311 Vera wins by 3 round decision +450* vs Not Vera by 3 round decision
Pending 8/31/13 8:00pm Props Fighting 1829 Ho Kang wins by TKO/KO +1250* vs Any other result
Pending 8/31/13 7:30pm Props Fighting 1921 Palelei wins by TKO/KO +190* vs Any other result

$5.00 to win $40.00 Pending 8/31/13 6:30pm Props Fighting 11039 Soa Palelei wins KO of the Night +800* vs Not KO of the Night Winner/no winner
$5.00 to win $22.50 Pending 8/31/13 10:30pm Props Fighting 1311 Vera wins by 3 round decision +450* vs Not Vera by 3 round decision
$5.00 to win $74.75 Pending 8/31/13 9:00pm Props Fighting 1627 Gaudinot wins by submission +1495* vs Any other result
$5.00 to win $62.50 Pending 8/31/13 8:00pm Props Fighting 1829 Ho Kang wins by TKO/KO +1250* vs Any other result

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i got poirier, chad money and bendo in a three fight parlay and not feeling good about it along with a 12 fight hail mary featuring me placing money on a jamie varner victory. today is a particularly lovely day for gambling.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

The Palelei/Krylov line is one of the most ridiculous lines I've ever seen. Krylov is absolutely terrible and only a few of his opponents have even had wins. No, not decent win/loss records, wins period. He just picks on fighters making their debut and was once tapped by an arm triangle from inside the guard. Palelei isn't that good but at least he's beaten a lot of guys with actual experience and should not be the underdog. It's bizarre.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I got money on Poirer, Soa, and Mir. Too many bets on heavyweights for me to be comfortable but whatever, the lines made it seem like a good idea at the time.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

does anyone have any idea why the line with poirier's so good?

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

vainman posted:

$5.00 to win $40.00 Pending 8/31/13 6:30pm Props Fighting 11039 Soa Palelei wins KO of the Night +800* vs Not KO of the Night Winner/no winner

No way this loses now

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

HAHAHA that Soa fight. I am really relieved that Soa pulled through, and also dying laughing at how terrible that was.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Soa won me about 7 bucks, but the real winner was my heart.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

attackmole posted:

Soa won me about 7 bucks, but the real winner was my heart.

maybe you could donate it to him. the heart, i mean.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

maybe you could donate it to him. the heart, i mean.

hahaha

Added one more bet on Tibau, $13.09 to win $11.90

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

MrSmokes posted:

hahaha

Added one more bet on Tibau, $13.09 to win $11.90

you may as well have done 'ko / submission in round 1' for more money

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

golden oldies pete posted:

next card I'm going to oppose your bets again and see if it causes you to win again, and you can count on that !!

jase1 you did not deliver how am i supposed to do this you messed it all up if i see you hsutling at the pool table don't be surprised if you get cracked over the head with a pool cue bud !!

5.00 on Jamie Varner
2.50 on Dustin Porier for 6.56
2.50 on Chad Mendes finishing in Rd 2
10.00 on Hyung Gyu Lim & Frank Mir
5.00 on Frank Mir finishing
7.50 on Pettis finishing & Chad Mendes for 35.16

handsome only face fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Sep 1, 2013

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

attackmole posted:

I got money on Poirer, Soa, and Mir. Too many bets on heavyweights for me to be comfortable but whatever, the lines made it seem like a good idea at the time.

Same, plus Rothwell and Smooth because I like high blood pressure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

golden oldies pete posted:

jase1 you did not deliver how am i supposed to do this you messed it all up if i see you hsutling at the pool table don't be surprised if you get cracked over the head with a pool cue bud !!

5.00 on Jamie Varner
2.50 on Dustin Porier
10.00 on Hyung Gyu Lim & Frank Mir
7.50 on Pettis finishing & Chad Mendes

Sorry man first weekend of college football there is no time to watch MMA.