Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Im seeing Bader at around -450 on some sites, I hate betting on huge favorites but there is probably still value there. I just think perosh doesnt win this one any more than one in like 20 times. Its as close to a squash match as you see in UFC now even though i like perosh and dislike bader

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Agreed. Bader almost beat the guy about to fight Jones for the title, and in general aside from losing to Tito Ortiz, Ryan Bader hasn't had too many embarrassing MMA moments. Perosh is old and "goes for it" and That's gonna be a round 1 finish for Ryan Bader unless he fights conservatively.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
12/13/13 8:19pm $10.00 to win $93.00 Pending 12/14/13 11:30pm Props Fighting 1035 Benavidez wins by submission +930* vs Any other result

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
Alright, time for us to all laugh, I suppose. 1u on McDonald +125, .5u McDonald inside distance +220.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

JoeRules posted:

Alright, time for us to all laugh, I suppose. 1u on McDonald +125, .5u McDonald inside distance +220.

Mcdonald inside distance at +220 feels like an absolute sucker bet, Faber is really hard to finish and those odds dont seem worth it

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
I'm not even mad, that finish was loving awesome.

1.3u to win 1 on DJ

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
I have a little on Benavidez at +135

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Boom

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
C'est la vie

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
I want to put $100 on Weidman, I live in USA, what website should I use?

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I always went with 5dimes.eu, never had a problem with em.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Bovada, they have the best line on him right now of the US-facing sites and they are one of the best for reliable withdrawals (for poker at least, but i assume its the same for sports betting, though im not American)

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

MrSmokes posted:

I always went with 5dimes.eu, never had a problem with em.

What is the difference between Money Line and Total Points?

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Fozzy The Bear posted:

What is the difference between Money Line and Total Points?

Money line numbers are just the standard favorite/underdog lines explained in the OP, but I have no idea what the total points lines mean. I wouldn't bother with them.

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP
Barnett at -180 is a good bet. this has been your manyak lock of the night

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

2 fat 4 my lambo posted:

I hadnt even really looked at the lines for this fight since i have money on the main event with friends at our own lines, but i agree thats a pretty good bet. if he was like -150 id be really tempted

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Anybody know anything about Miller's opponent because I'm just assuming he's going to get murdered...

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

origami posted:

Anybody know anything about Miller's opponent because I'm just assuming he's going to get murdered...

He's a one-dimensional grappler who's going to be doing nothing but looking for the submission. Miller's a better striker and wrestler and probably better at jujitsu too.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

2 fat 4 my lambo posted:

Hmmmmm

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

A good night's work. Thanks Anderson's brittle old bones

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
I put half my gambling pot on Wiedman winning based on I'd prefer Anderson winning but think Wiedman will and the money will softens he blow, but it hasn't, that was nasty

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

im as disappointed in manyak as you are

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

2 fat 4 my lambo posted:

good work everyone

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
All i bet this event was on weidman to win, and further unauthorized use of the manyak lock trademark will receive due punishment from the Mods.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I took a long break from betting and got back into it recently. Did good on the last couple UFC events, but I have no clue who to go with on the Rockhold/Philippou card. Rockhold's the only guy on the card who I'm sure will win and he's at -400. The only close lines are guys I have little knowledge about. Guess I will do research and wait to see how people look at the weigh ins.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
i dunno, i wouldn't put rockhold nearly that high, i think he can pull out the loss

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Yeah, I'd be tempted to back Phillipou at those odds. He went 5 straight before succumbing to the unstoppable Carmont. I still expect Rockhold to anonymously score a win, but it's worth a little punt.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Costa sucks terribly do not place money on him

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
$10 to win $111 on Philipou by decision.

It should probably be closer than that but who even cares

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
I think if Costa wins it would be by eyepoke tko

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Brenneman at -170 is the best bet on the card, bet the house on him. I've watched tape on his opponent Beneil Dairush and he really doesn't look all that great. Undefeated at 6-0, but has only fought one guy with a winning record, and that guy was 3-2. I think Brenneman's just way too much for him, especially now that he's dropped to his proper weight class, and I don't get why the line's as close as it is.

Queering Wheel fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jan 15, 2014

turntabler
Sep 10, 2011

Bundt Cake posted:

Costa sucks terribly do not place money on him

Didn't Costa used to train with Serra/longo but changed camp? If he's still with them I'd be more inclined to bet on him.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

turntabler posted:

Didn't Costa used to train with Serra/longo but changed camp? If he's still with them I'd be more inclined to bet on him.

His proven ability to win ugly decisions that he actually lost makes him seem like a good bet in some ways, but hes facing the king of winning lovely fights

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Bundt Cake posted:

His proven ability to win ugly decisions that he actually lost makes him seem like a good bet in some ways, but hes facing the king of winning lovely fights

That was his last fight.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Fat Twitter Man posted:

That was his last fight.

honest to god, I thought carmont was the match up we were talking about

Bundt Cake fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jan 15, 2014

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

MrSmokes posted:

Brenneman at -170 is the best bet on the card, bet the house on him. I've watched tape on his opponent Beneil Dairush and he really doesn't look all that great. Undefeated at 6-0, but has only fought one guy with a winning record, and that guy was 3-2. I think Brenneman's just way too much for him, especially now that he's dropped to his proper weight class, and I don't get why the line's as close as it is.

I agree completely.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

gently caress my life

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
This thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed
I don't know why I haven't clicked the 5 button on this thread until this point.