Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Gaylord Plower posted:

gently caress/Marry/Kill with the members of Too Cool.

Marry Rikishi, gently caress Scotty, kill Sexay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

This week's show with HBK is great! It's hilarious listening STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN plug various sponsors.

IF YOU WANT A FREE TRIAL AT AUDIBLE.COM, TYPE IN A HELLYEAH!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Cardboard Box posted:

so is the Ten Count going to be exclusively on iTunes from now on? because not all of us use iTunes y'know. :(

The feedburner feed he provided should work with whatever podcast thing you use.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Ten Count: who would you have play a Vince Russo analogue in a mockumentary about 1999-2000 WCW?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MRT is wrong about Dr. Doom Cody, because Dr. Doom Cody owns.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Arbite posted:

What the gently caress?!

He wanted to see Mark Henry pull 2 trucks. I can't blame him.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

Ambrose will be booked fine as US Champion, their booking as a whole in regards to the Shield has been great and I don't think (hope) that they'll do similar to someone they've already demonstrated they're super high on. Even Cesaro was booked well for the first six months of his reign, it was just the last two that left a sour taste to the entire thing.

The only issue I see I who will take it off them, nobody's really been on their level (and before Monday, Cena wasn't even either), including Bryan, the Ryback, and Kane, all of whom float around the main event scene. A new group of NXT guys that mirror them, but faces? I dunno.

The Shield want to change the world.
The Family simply want to consume it.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Space Cob posted:

I didn't watch Extreme Rules but did John Cena/Ryback's Last Man Standing match have a 10 Count? :v:

It went to a No Contest after Ryback put Cena through a video wall.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Ten Count Question: If Punk chooses to return, what would be the best use for him?

I Before E fucked around with this message at 14:30 on May 21, 2013

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

BlueArmyMan posted:

In that case, have another one that's been bugging me; if John Cena is this generation's Hulk Hogan, would it be fair to call CM Punk this generation's Macho Man?

And if so, what does that make Daniel Bryan?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

LividLiquid posted:

This generation's Ricky Steamboat?

How good are his armdrags?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Perigryn posted:

Everyone else is a mix of at least two guys:

Dolph-somewhere between Billy Gunn and Mr. Perfect

Bryan-Bret/Shawn hybrid

I'm not even sure who to compare Orton to. Jake and Austin?

He's 1 part Jake, 3 parts water.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

VogeGandire posted:

Like I said in the WWE general thread, I now have a legit claim that WWE are booking to spite me personally.

Anyone else have a gimmick match they want ruined, since apparently WWE have bugged me?

We haven't seen a lot of Kennel From Hell matches, though I'm not sure how something that terrible could be ruined.

I kind of have a soft spot for Buried Alive matches in their pure campiness.

I would love(in a goofy terrible way) a 3 Stages of Hell match that was an Ambulance match followed by a Casket match followed by a Buried Alive match.

E: But it would also have some really dumb extra stipulation, like you had to do a lap around the ring in the ambulance to win the ambulance match, you had to put the casket inside the ambulance to win the casket match, and you had to put the opponent in the casket, put that in the ambulance, and then bury the whole thing to win. Call it a 3 Stages of Grief match.

I need to find one or more rich idiots, fast.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 16:39 on May 28, 2013

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Dickeye posted:

The triumphant return of Z Gangsta and The Finale Ultimate Solution.

It's an ambulance match followed by an inferno match followed by a buried alive match. In the inferno match, they wrestle on top of the burning ambulance. In the buried alive match, the "alive" part is misleading.

No, the Inferno match comes after the Buried Alive match. That's the hell part.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Ten Count: Why don't we have more evil twin storylines in pro wrestling, and if you had to introduce the evil twin of a current wrestler, whose evil twin would it be?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Wario Kart 64 posted:

CM Punk is going to do Marc Maron's WTF Podcast(podcast usually dealing with stand-up comics but has had a variety of other guests). That's something to look out for.

If it's anywhere as good as the Cabana WTF, it will be.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Ten Count: What wrestler currently employed by WWE would you choose to give an Alex Jones-esque paranoid conspiracy theory gimmick, a full-on fluoride/Bilderberg/Reptilians conspiracy theorist?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Wario Kart 64 posted:

Ten Count question: What is the best pro wrestling city?

I'm talking best crowds, best venues, history, and wrestler hometowns I guess could be part of it.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Best wrestling dynasty, best In Your House ever, best third thing.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jun 12, 2013

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

LordPants posted:

Wrestling Observer front page.

:staredog:

You're talking about the Colt/Dave/Bryan thing, right?

Also, for the Punchcast Tengoda: If WWE and NJPW decided to do another Wrestling Summit show, what matches would you want to see?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The Goog posted:

We didn't get to this question this week (it's a good one, though), but we DID answer one that you asked earlier...

:siren: WARNING! Topic #1 contains ROH spoilers! Skip to 7:30 if you don't want to be spoiled! :siren:

Topics: 1. What the Hell is going on with ROH?
2. The awesome CM Punk/Paul Heyman promos
3. General thoughts on Raw
4. When and how would you bring up Kassius Ohno?
5. WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: Colt Cabana
6. How important is good commentary to you?
7. What is the best pro wrestling city?
8. What are your favorite easily disproved lies told by Hulk Hogan?
9. What wrestler would you choose for an Alex Jones gimmick?
10. Why is the Internet dumb for hating John Cena?

There was no Feud of the Week this week, what gives?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Punchpod castcount questagoda: who would win a battle of the bands, 3 Count or 3MB?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Gatts posted:

I had a train of thought of turning it around on the audience and running it into the ground so it didn't have meaning anymore and the audience got annoyed, like something with Audience interaction and blaring WHAT WHAT WHAT over the loudspeakers with annoying music...but then my train of thought drifted to imagining Lil' John blaring "WHAT" and "YEAH" like how Chappelle did it and I can't stop giggling inside.

Lil Jon's not busy these days, is he? Because a call-and-response with both him and the crowd what-ing one another would be gold.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I was sure you guys would book a Bad Intentions reunion with Sweet T and Special K, Karl Anderson for #10.

Or Muta/Taker as a Hogan/Hansen dream match.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

oatgan posted:

I should get to pick the music, and with my first selection I choose Mr. Perfect's TNA theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YAzkR-VZ6g

No use this instead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HApYfaGogm4
every week
E:
And change the podcast name to the 3 Count and only answer 3 questions.
And the wrestler of the week is always Tank Abbott.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Punchsport Podcasters: important question for your show! My avatar is a pic of me by the way, in case anyone asks.

1. Which wrestlers can really rock a fedora?

2. Which wrestlers would you like to see mock a fedora?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

triplexpac posted:

In a recent interview Austin said he's looking into adding another podcast to his lineup where he reviews Raw, Smackdown and Impact.

That might just replace the Observer as my #1 podcast.

Oh, and even Austin thinks 3 hour Raws are too long.

I think they've actually gotten the flow right lately. It hasn't been nearly as much of a slog in recent weeks.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

TenGoda question: what would be your dream WWE PPV schedule? This being the WWE year, it would start at Wrestlemania, but other than that, you have free reign.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

You Punchcast guys are wrong, the person who deserves the TNA Championship is Yoshi Tatsu after WWE buys TNA and turns Impact into WWE Adrenaline.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

The337th posted:

The first third or so of this one was kind of bland, but after that Austin started getting some old wrestling stories out of DDP, pretty entertaining stuff. My favorite part might have been DDP's awful car ride etiquette.

Do you think they planned out the interview ahead of time?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

HulkaMatt posted:

TLC 1 was better

TLC 1 was at Summerslam 2000. TLC 2 was at X-7.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Antitonic posted:

My brother has been on the periphery of wrestling for years, through hearing about it from my viewing. He last enjoyed it (apparently) around the New Generation Era ('93-'97), but got tired of the "reality" that came in with the Attitude Era and beyond (Austin being just a guy pissed off at his boss? Pfft.). He says the older wrestling was closer to a fighting game where you basically have two over-the-top personas fighting for the hell of it, and you didn't really have to care about story past 'you have title, me want'. Modern wrestling, by comparison, is a drama series. Everyone has an "unnecessary" backstory, and the most outlandish gimmick is a guy that is from England rather than America. Is there a way to reintroduce him into the flock, as it were, or would he be better served elsewhere?

Given that they've been introducing ballroom dancers, bayou cult leaders, and matadors, you really just have to show him a Bray Wyatt match. Or get him to watch NXT, which has a preening male model angry at a goofball hippie for photobombing his promos. Or I dunno, maybe he'd like Chikara/Wrestling Is.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

NienNunb posted:

PunchMen SomethingOrAnother: What are the best WWE-produced video packages?

The video package before Hart/Austin at Wrestlemania 13.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Mr.McMahon's Utopia. HBK VS UT, running up that hill. CM Punk "Do I have everybody's attention now?".

Not familiar with Mr. McMahon's Utopia. What's that one?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

It aired before Over the Edge 1998 (main evented by Austin and Dude Love). It basically talks about how Austin has turned the WWE upside down and Vince dreams of a world without him and there's a CPU vocieover talking about compliance and hopw it's good for you, and defiance will not be tolerated. It has a lot of facist imagery, and at the end, says "Welcome to Mr.McMahon's Utopia". it's pretty great. Here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHDNapDVIZU

That's pretty rad, especially the little bit of footage from Metropolis.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZkK55HFUDU This is the Austin/Hart package I was talking about, right at the start of the video.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

Colt's talking to Grado on his Padcast.

S'good.

The guy with the bandana who hangs around Okada?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I can Punchzone Crawdad!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

WBR: What's your favorite New Jack Swing song?
Second: What's New Jack's favorite New Jack Swing song?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

LordPants posted:

The hilarious thing about this as Bryan described it as one of Dave's kid's "Heel friends" left a toy on the stairs and Dave "took a bump". :lol:

If only Vince Russo was there to swerve him at the last second.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Yes thank you for posting that map of all of the areas that voted for Romney compared to the correct and better North East region and urban centers. Old white men, like Dave Meltzer (and you.)

Delaware's not an urban center by any stretch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Also a world without Vince McMahon in it would be a lot less interesting. Which is why I'm hoping the Cyber-Vince initiative he funded with diverted funds from the XFL ends up bearing fruit.

The day Vincent Kennedy McMahon dies, Vincent Longinus McMahon will arise to fulfill his place. Vincent Mammon McMahon, Vincent Neptune McMahon, Vincent Osiris McMahon, the lineage goes on. When the final Vincent McMahon, Vincent Zeus McMahon, falls, a great shroud will descend upon the world of wrestling.

• Locked thread