Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!

zombie duck v2.0 posted:

starshine, my GP specifically told me NOT to fast and eat a regular breakfast before the 1-hour glucose test. She said that if you fast, you'll get skewed results. They want to see how you tolerate glucose on a regular basis, and if you fast, it'll look like you can't tolerate it as well, as opposed to if you had of ate normally.

Mine also told me to go ahead and eat, but said to make sure I didn't eat too much sugary stuff. So I had eggs and toast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!
Diaper pail discussion -- We have two of these, and we really like them. They use regular trash bags. They're kinda small, I guess, and at the beginning when the diaper changing was neverending we would have to change the bag daily, but now it's no big deal. The only problem I've encountered is that they are extremely top heavy, and won't stay up on their own when open and empty (while changing the bag), but that's easily remedied by putting them right in front of something and letting the top lean against it (like a dresser or a wall). Other than that though, the fact that they use regular trash bags, don't smell at all(yet -- we haven't started solids, though), and are sturdily built make them excellent diaper pails, in my opinion.

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!

"Tatiana" posted:

I live in Perth Australia (it's super hot and we have really harsh sun in case you don't know), we walk everywhere and don't use sunblock/sunscreen at all.

My baby always has a hat on, and I carry an umbrella when we walk. I cover her legs with babylegs. Now that she's mobile we take care to not go anywhere without an umbrella or where there is shade. We have never had any problems with sunburn or exposure, and we're outside quite a lot.

Jack's so fair skinned he got a mild sunburn on his cheeks the other day spending a couple hours outside with his dad -- in the shade the entire time, wearing sunblock AND a hat. I think I waited too long to reapply the sunscreen. Poor pale baby got his momma's skin. :(

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!

"foxatee" posted:

Oh man, this. They need to teach you how to catch that before it happens. I never felt more like an idiot new parent.

I think the most I got out of our class was the different pain medications, what was in them, and what side effects I could expect. It made it a lot easier to choose the epidural. I'll also echo what others have said before, which is my husband got more out of the class than I. It really helped him get an idea of what to expect and what his role was in the delivery room.

Question!

When did you give your newborn his/her first tub bath? Peanut's cord stump fell off about a week ago, but still had some goo, so we waited for that to dry up. Now that seems cleaned up, but we're still worried because her belly button continues to protrude outward. Is it safe to bathe her now? Our pediatrician only mentioned the stump falling off, so we are unsure of the timing.
Jack's bellybutton protruded outward after the stump fell off. I thought maybe it was still swollen or something but learned at his 2 month checkup that he had an umbilical hernia. Doc said most go away on their own and even if they don't, they don't generally treat them till the child is 2 years old. Jack is almost 7 months now and it's almost completely gone now, but it looks like he'll always have an outie from the stretched skin.

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!
Congrats, LuckyDaemon, he's very cute. :) You'll totally get a feel for a wet diaper, I just poke it. It gets "stiffer," for lack of a better word. Poke the front of his diaper right when you put it on to get a feel for a dry diaper, and when it feels tougher, it's wet.

Also the newborn sized Huggies and Pampers have indicators. We didn't realize the Huggies that we started out using had the indicator for a few days though. :shobon:

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!
I'm keeping all of Jack's outgrown stuff in Rubbermaid tubs. I have no problem letting someone borrow it, but I will write my last name on all the tags and make sure they know that I will want it back when they're done, just in case for the next baby.

I actually have five pregnant friends right now, but they are ALL having girls, and they're all the type who will want to dress their girls in frilly girl stuff, not hand me down boy stuff. Oh well.

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!

foxatee posted:

Problem! I'd post pictures to show exactly how bad this has gotten, but I'm posting from my phone. Whatever, my problem is Amelia has started sucking on my arms. We've tried giving her a pacifier, but she refuses it after a few seconds. Is she teething already? She's only 2+ months! What can I do?!

Are your arms covered in hickeys?

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!
We were able to tell that I was having a boy at 14 weeks because he was totally into showing off his junk during that ultrasound. The tech told us we were having a boy, even zoomed in on and printed out the penis shots with "it's a boy!" typed on them. When we went in the next month, the same tech came to get us for the gender ultrasound after my checkup and I told her "I'd love to get another look, but you already showed us that we are having a boy!" She insisted that she would not have been able to make that distinction at 14 weeks and would have never told us that. :confused: Whatever, I got penis pics to prove it (not currently with me or I'd post em).

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!

Idonie posted:

Maybe she got yelled at? Our tech told us we were definitely having a girl (and she was right!) but she also told us that she wasn't supposed to say anything about it so early.

I assume it was because the doctor was with us at the time, and she wasn't allowed to tell so early and was trying to save face in front of him, yeah.

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!

MoCookies posted:

Hopefully you won't need too many blood tests. I think the only one I had was for STDs and whatnot towards the beginning of my pregnancy. I did have blood drawn again during the gestational diabetes test, but that test wasn't required, I requested it because of a family history of diabetes. Is that unusual? It's my first pregnancy, and my midwife/birth center is really non-invasive when it comes to tests and exams. (Maybe this is also weird and unusual, but I'm really hoping to go the rest of this pregnancy without any internal exams.)

edit: I also almost went psycho on my husband this morning because his alarm clock kept waking ME up, and the jerk just kept going back to bed over and over. My fuse is extra-short lately when I feel like my husband is being lazy. At least the flip side of these hormones means that food tastes AWESOME.

Yeah the only blood test I had was at the first appointment, to confirm pregnancy and test for STD's and such. Well, actually they did test my blood for the gestational diabetes test (which at least here, everyone is required to take), but that was a finger prick. I imagine if Vanessa doesn't have problems with injections or the TB skin test, she won't have a problem with a finger prick!

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!
Yeah I remember complaining about folks on Facebook who only posted about their kids. And then I had a kid, and I have pretty much no life outside of my kid, so I have nothing to post about except for my kid.

I do make a point to keep myself in my profile picture, though, just because it sucks searching for someone and not being sure if the person you have found is actually the person you're looking for, because they aren't in their profile pic!

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!

Brennanite posted:

Shouldn't have stressed about the due date, baby arrived the next day. There was some trauma, so for those of you will major tearing and/or blood loss, how long did it take you to recover? What on earth did you do for the pain? Were you really able to walk for an hour a day one week postpartum?

If your hospital didn't send you home with any of this, you can get it at Walgreens or any other decently-stocked pharmacy. Just spray it on your junk after every bathroom visit.

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!
We used this diaper pail: http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Trend-Diaper-Champ-Deluxe/dp/B002IWYXH4/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1316234033&sr=8-5

It's nice because it just uses standard 10 gallon trash bags. You have to empty it every day the first few weeks though (Oh, twins? Twice a day). Biggest con is you need to position it in the corner when you are changing the bag because it's very top heavy when open and doesn't stay up on its own.

HOWEVER, once he started solids all bets were off, it was like the plastic was permeated permanently with poop smell and it never went away. I was warned of this happening in this thread but I didn't really believe it till it happened to us. No amount of cleaners, disinfectant, or sunlight made it any better. Now we just toss pee diapers in a regular trash can and take poop diapers to the dumpster when they happen -- if we can't do this for whatever reason, we have a roll of cheap bathroom trash bags and I put the poop diaper in one of those and twist it up and tie it off really well to hold off until we can get it to the dumpster.

For a while we were just keeping a cheap bathroom trash bag by the changing area and tossing the pee diapers in there, then whenever he pooped putting the poop diaper in with them and tying it off and putting out a new one, but we were going through so many trash bags we changed our system.

Randomity fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Sep 17, 2011

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!
My kid must be an especially toxic pooper because we roll every diaper up (habit from when we used a diaper pail, made em take up less room) and it doesn't do a thing to contain the smell.

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!

Helanna posted:

Wondering at what point it's possible to tell the gender of the baby?

We found out at 14 weeks. I don't know this for a fact, but I would think it is easier to tell early if you're having a boy. Generally, the gender scan is done around 20 weeks, but I've heard of it being scheduled as early as 17 weeks. We found out so early with Jack because I went in for a dating ultrasound (I have an irregular cycle and had no idea) and we got lucky.

Randomity fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Sep 21, 2011

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!

Gumby Orgy posted:

How bad does your morning sickness have to be before you get diagnosed with hyperemesis gravidarium? I'm so sick all the time I can't function or successfully perform the basic functions of my job. When I went to the ER, the doctor managed to both acknowledge the amount of vomiting I was having was excessive and treat me like it was all in my head.

I have phenergan suppositories but they knock me out. They help, but the nausea doesn't go away enough for me to function at a low level again. I don't know what to do. I feel like I'm crazy.
Have you asked about Zofran? It was like magic for my nausea, and had no side effects. I got the kind that dissolves under your tongue.

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!
I had my sister bring me my makeup kit and I did my makeup right before they broke my water after 30 hours of labor. I had my son an hour later. In the pictures taken during the hour before I started pushing, I look tired but good. However, I still look a ragged ridiculous mess in the pictures taken after he was born, and I only pushed for like 15-20 minutes.

Nonetheless, I'll probably do it again if given the opportunity for the next one, I always feel better when I'm somewhat put together.

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!
I was just positive that Jack was going to be a girl. I think it's because I really wanted a boy, and I was preparing myself in case he was a girl. It worked pretty well because I remember feeling a little "oh." when I found out he was a boy, until I realized how relieved I was!

I used a Snoogie that a friend gave me and it was magic for me, but it didn't help another friend out at all. If you know someone you can borrow one from for a couple nights just to make sure before dropping the cash (aren't they like $50?) I highly recommend it.

I have heard pretty universally that the Boppy pregnancy pillows aren't very good, and that they lose their support really quickly.

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!
A good friend of mine had a scheduled induction a week or two ahead of her due date because being pregnant was driving her crazy and she was on the verge of a breakdown and needed back on her psych meds. She went in to be induced at like 6am. Baby was out by 1:30pm. You only really hear about the horror stories because most people aren't interested in reporting boring birth stories.

I still wouldn't want to be induced but would take it over a c-section any day, and wonder if folks who think otherwise are really educated about the reality of c-sections.

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!
A friend of mine gave me one of those things that's more like a stethoscope instead of a doppler and at 27 weeks pregnant I have still never been able to find her heartbeat with it. I'll even try right after an OB appointment and put it in the same place he puts his doppler and get nothing. Oh well I know she's in there because she's ALWAYS MOVING.

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!

chrysoula posted:

The baby of somebody I know was kind of like this. They ended up discovering a soy sensitivity but not until he was like 1 year old. I hope you figure this out sooner; it took them that long because unlike dairy soy is EVERYWHERE, apparently. Good luck.

Have you ever tried to cut out dairy? For a nursing baby, it's the milk protein that causes the sensitivity and that is in everything as well. It shows up on ingredients lists under strange unassuming names too. Giving up dairy for a breast feeding baby's sensitivity is really freakin tough-- my bet friend ended up weaning when her kid had a milk sensitivity because she couldn't handle the lifestyle change.

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!
When my first child was born, the hospital sent a staff member down to the car with us as we were leaving to check the carseat and help us put my son in correctly. When my daughter was born a year and a half later, they didn't check or anything. I don't know if it's just something they only do for first time parents or if they stopped doing it because of budget cuts or what.

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!

Stairs posted:

Guys I need help. I'm in total agony from heartburn that will not go away. I've tried Tums, gasX, and Zantac but nothing is helping. I can't drink milk because of lactose intolerance. Jesus I just want to cry. If I take anymore Tums I'm going to poo poo out a chalkboard.

Advice anyone?

I never had heartburn but I did have reflux (sometimes the contents of my stomach would just randomly end up in the back of my throat when I laid down or burped) and my doc said it was fine to take Prilosec every day.

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!
I had an ultrasound at 38 weeks because the doctor couldn't tell if the baby was head down and just wanted to make sure she was in the right position.

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!

Mr Darcy posted:

We don't have a baby swing, we have a vibrating chair thing but he hates that.

Let's imagine that it's 9pm, dinner should have been 3 hours ago, he's screaming bloody murder with his arms and legs flailing wildly How do you go about eating yourself in that situation if you have to hold him? When he's like that you need both arms to hold him properly, it kinda makes eating hard y'know :-)

Hence, put baby down for 5-10 mins, eat food and go back to looking after him.

One of us holds her and the other eats quickly, then we switch.

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!

Bear Rape posted:

I have a random question for anyone who might know the answer. How common is it to go back to your weight before pregnancy after you deliver? My doctor says it's not a bad thing, but I guess it's just weird to me. I weighed 150 lbs before pregnancy, then at 34 weeks I was 185 lbs, and I delivered a week ago. I'm at 155 lbs. :psyduck:

I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight within a week after having both of my kids. I consider myself very lucky and you should too -- a lot of women have a very hard time losing the baby weight.

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!

Alterian posted:

Yeah. That stuff is expensive. I can go on my husband's but that's expensive too. I also don't know how that will work since I've been paying into using this insurance with the OB already (they bill it globally or something?)

My OB's office did the global thing and my husband got a new job and we switched insurances a couple months before she was born. The way they did it was, when I first started seeing them they calculated what my (old) insurance would cover and I paid the remainder in monthly installments (at each monthly visit while I was pregnant). However (and this was sooooo hard to get through my husband's head holy poo poo), they did *not* bill insurance until after she was born, so when we switched insurance all we had to do was recalculate what we would owe through the new insurance and pay the difference the last couple months.

The way I looked at it was, when we made payments to the OB's office, they set that money aside and held on to it until she was born. When she was born they billed insurance, and instead of having to bill us for the remainder, they already had the money we paid them set aside to cover that. So switching insurance before she was born was simple because they hadn't actually involved the insurance company yet.

I don't know that your OB's office is operating in the same way but it sounds like they may be doing so.

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!

Alterian posted:

Thats pretty much how its going to go. I'm going to max out my deductible though. It would blow to max it out on appointments with my old insurance and then have to pay it again on the new insurance for the delivery.

With mine, since they didnt file anything until she was born, nothing went to my old insurance. Even though when I went to appointments and had ultrasounds and labs I was under the old insurance, they billed *all* of it to the new insurance when she was born.

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!
The little whitish bump thing, you say it's right in the middle? Does it look kinda like a whitehead? My son got those and the pediatrician said they are related to teething but they are not actually teeth. When his first tooth actually started to erupt (much, much later, he has always been a bit behind the curve with his tooth development), there was no mistaking it. Google "Epstein's Pearls" and see If that sounds right.

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!
My kids are 17 months apart. It wasn't intentional but it's been a lot easier than I expected. However, my daughter (the youngest) was born 2 weeks early, and only weighed 5 pounds 13 oz. My son weighed 8 pounds 9 oz when he was born. The youngest also had to be on oxygen for about 15 hours after she was born because she was breathing too fast. It is my *opinion* that her low birth weight was due to them being so close together. I nursed my son through most of my pregnancy and my body hadn't really had time to fully recover from the previous pregnancy. If I could do it again I wouldn't change anything, though.

However, it's your body, your choice. You can listen to your husbands wishes (although saying that you got your period back early is a sign is ridiculous) but ultimately the choice is yours. Don't let him talk you into something you aren't ready for.

Also keep in mind that you may not be so lucky with the next one. I was lucky in that my first child was the difficult baby (colicky and a lovely sleeper) while my youngest has been so easy. I know a few people who recently had second babies who aren't so lucky, though, and having a difficult newborn is a lot harder when you also have another child to worry about.

Edit: also my son, despite being a difficult and clingy baby, has grown up to be a very independent toddler. I just won the luck lottery for having an easy time with two kids close together, but there are some days (especially when my husband has been working 80+ hour weeks) that I just want to disappear. If I didn't have my family close by (my parents live less than 2 miles from me) to help on difficult days, I'd probably be singing a much different tune.

Randomity fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jul 26, 2012

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!

Lullabee posted:

Have any of you parents had/known someone with a MamaRoo? It's a bit pricy, but my parents were wanting to get us something *BIG* for the baby, but since we're in a one bedroom, we're just having a pack n play for sleeping and a few items like that. I like that it's settings are more 'natural' (as in, they have a car setting, so on), but we don't have a seller near me, so I can't really go 'test it out' in person.

We have one. She slept in it exclusively for the first few months but now it's just an expensive white noise machine.

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!

Randomity posted:

We have one. She slept in it exclusively for the first few months but now it's just an expensive white noise machine.

I should elaborate that the reason we don't use it anymore is because when she started rolling over reliably she would sleep fine in her bed (only on her tummy though, which is why we waited until she could roll). We can't have it in any of the rooms that we actually hang out in during the day because my toddler would try to climb into it and break it and hurt himself. It's very nice for what it is but to be honest I am not sure it's any better than your standard side-to-side swing. The white noise function on it is awesome though, it gets really loud which newborns really like.

I wouldn't recommend you buy one for yourself but if someone is wanting to get you an expensive gift and you have the essentials, go for it. That's how we ended up with ours.

Randomity fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Aug 28, 2012

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!
I have a friend who was told she was having a boy and ended up having a girl. She said she ripped the oxygen mask off of her face and yelled to the doctor "THAT is a VAGINA!!!" It can happen both ways.

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!
Once jack was crawling well I just let him doodle around in the floor of the shower while I took mine. He loved it. I don't know how we went from that to a two year old who panics any time water gets close to his head or face, but there ya go.

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!

Chickalicious posted:

For questions about medications, you should use safefetus.com (in consultation with your OB of course).

Here's the page on Tylenol: http://safefetus.com/search.php/index/details/DrugId/298/TradeName/Tylenol/TradeId/3307

Also the lactmed app is awesome if you have a smart phone (didn't you recommend that to me?).

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!

Acrolos posted:

Hey guys,

Any suggestions on a good baby sling for my wife? I'd also be interested in finding a baby carrier for myself, if anyone knows of one that would fit a large guy like myself (about 300 pounds, and everything is geared toward the L/XL level at the most, while I wear a 3XL).

Paxbaby.com rents out baby carriers for you to try for a pretty good price, or at least they used to. Haven't been back to the site since I bought my Beco Gemini from them 2 years ago but they were awesome.

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!

Ben Davis posted:

There's also a safer and more comfortable option (for everyone--outward facing is less comfortable for the parent's back as well) in the Beco Gemini. It's the only carrier to safely face both inward and outward. I don't have one, but there were times when I was walking with him at the zoo, which doesn't have high chairs, and it would've been nice to switch him outward for lunch instead of balancing him on my lap and trying to feed him at the same time.

I LOVE my Ergo classic. It's the model that's more comfortable for short people (it fits taller ones too, but the sport is a little too big for shorties, I hear). I used it with the infant booster pillow up until this winter, when I started using a stroller only because I wanted a place to stuff our coats and bags when we were walking around. I'm a little clumsy and never managed a back carry without help with the Ergo, so I just got a Beco Butterfly II, which has a little harness to hold baby in place so it's easier to back carry. I love it!

edit: Here's him at 7ish months asleep in the Ergo at the zoo

and at almost 14 months, his first time in back carry in the Beco Butterfly II (at 23 lbs)

I found the Beco a little more comfortable in back carry, because for some reason the chest clip doesn't feel uncomfortable across my chest. The Ergo squashed me a little.

I have a Beco Gemini and I looooove it. My daughter (currently 12 months old) wasn't a big fan when she was itty bitty but since she turned about 4 months old I have used it constantly. My two year old son is an escape artist, so I don't know what I would have done without the carrier to get them both in and out of the car when I'm by myself. I just get Avery out of her carseat and strap her to me in the Gemini and I have both hands free to wrangle Jack. Totally invaluable when grocery shopping at a store that doesnt have carts that can manage two kids too. Avery doesn't mind being carried facing in (in fact she likes the snuggly feeling, I think), but when Jack was a baby he would not have it. He was probably about 6 months old when we got the carrier, and I carried him facing forward for maybe a month until I got the hang of the hip carry. Now that Avery is walking and is a little more timid and easier to handle than Jack, I might try him in a back carry some time...

What I'm trying to say is the Beco Gemini is awesome, I've been using mine for 2 years between two kids and have no intention of putting it away anytime soon. My best friend is having a baby tomorrow (she also has a 20-month-old) and I have one on order for her as well. I Recommend it to everyone, but especially if you have two little ones close in age. I can't imagine having to whip out that gigantic double stroller everywhere we go, yeesh.

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!
Sorry for the double post, apparently I can't edit from the awful app at the moment, but here is a picture of my husband wearing Jack (facing forward) in the Beco Gemini when we first got it.

You can kinda see that the way it holds him is more like in a seated position instead of just dangling from the crotch. The guitar design was a custom addition using Paxbaby.com and their "pimp my carrier" option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!

Papercut posted:

My Beco Gemini finally arrived and I tried it on. Amazing! It is soooo much more comfortable than the Bjorn, and baby is definitely much better supported.

Then literally less than 2 minutes after I put it on, one of the buttons snapped right off of the thing. :what: So looks like it will be the Bjorn for at least another week.

e: I am curious actually, you can't tell from the instructions, but are the black straps that are attached to the shoulder straps supposed to go under the flap or over the flap when you're using the front-facing position? Over the flap, the buttons just came unsnapped right away, but under the flap lead to the button just breaking entirely.

I'm having trouble visualizing what you mean and my Gemini is in the car while I'm in bed trying not to move and wake the sleeping teething toddler. Do you mean the clip straps that hold the headrest up? I just let those dangle when we aren't using the headrest like in the top right pic here: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_v2LXFit6Mjs/TFZTvBu8SQI/AAAAAAAAAw4/CKBzvxah_Eg/s1600/image009.jpg

I think technically you're supposed to hook em together and tuck em under the the flap if you don't want them hanging free but effort. That sucks that your button broke so quickly. :(