Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008
Re: pregnant hormones

My wife cried when I brought her ice cubes for her room temp water last night :3: it was ridiculously cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008
My wife just passed 14 weeks and so far she's had very bad morning sickness, she got 2nd degree burns to the face while working and now has a very bad Uti.

I want to do something special for her. She already gets tons of backrubs and home-cooked meals but I need to think outside the norm. Did any of your husband's do anything while you were pregnant that you loved?

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008
Right now she can only eat Canadian bacon, bread, yogurt sometimes, and cheese. Lots of cheese

And goddamn lunchables! Haha. I make sure she's got tons of the stuff.

I did book a surprise 1 hour massage for her and I'm going to tell her tonight after she gets off work. I figured it's the least I could do. (plus professionals are way better at it than me)

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008
The wife is really wanting a nice diaper bag and I want to surprise her and pick one up.

The only requirement is that it has a wipe dispenser. She's dead set on one. Not looking for anything more than a hundred though.

I figured you'd ladies know best, so I thought I'd ask before I make a dumb decision and pick up some horrible bag!

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008

Ben Davis posted:

Does it need to have an external wipe dispenser, like all Fisher-Price Fastfinder series, or just an internal one? If it's internal, you have a lot more options and prettier bags, but drat if that external one isn't handy.

She'd probably prefer an external, at least from a couple we've looked at. I'm totally lost on this kind of thing haha.

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008
I feel like a piece of poo poo and I guess the only reason why I'm sharing it is to get it out there (don't want to tell me wife really because she's so excited). Ever since finding out what the sex of my baby is, I've been extremely... Not excited and kind of feel numb towards the idea of having a kid in general.

I was so excited up until this point, but something about finding out what the little guy was changed it completely. I feel so guilty and terrible for thinking like this. I just kind of feel like I don't want it anymore even though I know I do. :-(

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008
Is there any health benefits of breastfeeding at 2/3 years after the child can have a healthy balanced diet? I've seen before that it is very good still for comfort and bonding but not much for health.

The reason I ask is because we're breastfeeding and I'm genuinely curious

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008
That's really awesome. Unfortunately I doubt my wife will think the same way. She's already terrified of feeding in public, even with a cover. I told her it'll get better once she actually starts doing it(we're 7 months pregnant) but she's a very shy person who doesn't like when people stare.

I told her taking our son to the bathroom just to eat is going to get old fast, but we'll see and I'll support it any way I can

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008

ghost story posted:

Don't breastfeed the baby in the bathroom.

I get being squeamish about the idea of "whipping it out" - I was too! - but I found that I didn't care. Covers, if anything, seemed to draw more attention (assuming the baby lets you use them - mine didn't). The baby covers everything up. Just a shirt with a tank/camisole under it or a fancy nursing shirt gets the job done.

We've talked about it and while she has mentioned she doesn't WANT to feed in there(I consider it dangerous and unhealthy) I'm not sure how it'll work out. If she decides that's the only way she'll do it we will probably just use formula.

I'll support whatever happens!

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008
I absolutely love when people give their 2 cents! A girl at work told me "you know you're going to have no sleep or free time for years right? Hope you're ready to change poop diapers and be terrified every waking moment"

Not a single person has said how amazing or happy babies make them.

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008

sheri posted:

http://powerofmoms.com/2012/05/joy-or-just-wait/

Read this! Yeah not sleeping sucks (in my 8th month of it!) and this article is so great for new moms or moms to be.

That was a pretty great read.

There must be some stigmata or something for a man to be excited for his child too. Whenever I mention how I can't wait for my adorable baby boy to be born I get weird rear end looks.

I don't care about gender roles, I'm going to play ALL the games. And I'm probably going to cry when he's born too. :colbert:

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008
Went to our appointment today and the words "8 weeks to go! Single digits now" smacked me right in my face. It really does go quickly. I figured people just exaggerated.

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008
My baby boy Elijah came at 6:51am yesterday morning! My wife was 15 minutes from a C section until he finally dropped (24 hours of labor;2 hours of 10cm dilated)

The doctor gave a once over 1 last time(thankfully) and 20 minutes later out popped a cone headed 7lbs14oz baby!

I fell in love instantly. I kinda figured people exaggerated when saying that. He's also latching like a champ and all is well.

When I posted here a few months ago saying I was upset with having a boy instead of a girl I got some good advice and what do you know, I couldn't care less. Thanks guys and gals!

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008

Sockmuppet posted:

Ah, I remember you, congratulations! What a beautiful name :)

Thank you so much!

Unfortunately at the last checkup before going home today he got diagnosed with Jaundice and has to go back tomorrow. We plan on going tomorrow super early and get another bilirubin :-(. The doctor said to keep an eye on his temperature by anus. Obviously I'm terrified and want to check it every 2 minutes but I'm refraining.

I'm sure a lot of you have gone through jaundice and I'm just hoping it all goes well.

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008
Lanolin. All of the Lanolin. And quick easy snacks like apples and peanut butter. Our friend also made frozen crockpot meals for us. (like frozen porkchop in a zip lock with carrots broccoli and broth that you just throw in the crockpot and turn on. 1 bagged meals)

That's just what is helping us out the most. We don't have much time to eat and cook with feedings every 2 hours haha.

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008

areyoucontagious posted:

OK, countdown to d-day: 4 days. I'm now panicking just a little bit about stuff we don't have (breast pump, hospital grab-and-go bag packed, a changing table, a myriad of other things I'm sure I'm forgetting), but things are going to work out. The wife is doing great, we're inducing next week if the baby doesn't come before then. Any last minute advice? I've been lurking this thread for close to 7-ish months now, and it's been a great read.

We're going to be okay!

what the gently caress goes in the bag we take to the hospital? Robe? Clothes? fuuuuuck

Only bring in your bag: a warm outfit and a cool outfit for baby (ours went home in 60 degrees and sunny but if he was born on his due date it would have been 35 degrees), some snacks like protein bars, phone charger and laptop/tablet and a
take home outfit for mom and yourself.

Our hospital gave us lanolin/wipes/diapers/clothes/hats and everything necessary.

Edit : don't worry about a pump yet either. You most likely won't pumping for a few weeks anyways. And you'll also quickly find out a changing table should be called a "hold all my baby stuff" table. We've used ours twice. Found that a pad with recieving blanket over it better and more comfortable

Inudeku fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Apr 17, 2014

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008
We use both. We got like 8 or so at our baby shower so we use them and if they're all dirty, we use disposables. I'd honestly recommend to at least have a few to help out a bit

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008
My wife used regular cocoa butter lotion and had no stretch marks period. Then during labor she got them on her stomach while pushing.

I think it kind of just happens.

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008

Ambellina posted:

Got our first positive test a week ago, so I'm right around 5 weeks. So far the only symptoms I've got is very mild nausea and a super human sense of smell. Hopefully, that's as bad as it gets.

I'm so sorry youre gunna be pregnant in summer :-(

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008
Try cutting them into 4ths maybe? That's what I'd do if I had to take thwm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inudeku
Jul 13, 2008
I still can't believe hospitals let you take babies home after a couple of days. Madness.