Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Btw, Spotify's new concert feature that shows you a list of upcoming shows based on your album library is amazingly convenient.

Thank you for indirectly letting me know that Grendel's coming to town!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah! Before I noticed that feature, finding out about upcoming shows was a chore.

Hedenius posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wh8todZyBw

I really, really like Sky Collapse from Kirlian Camera's new album. With Eskil Simonsson from Covenant too.
Those are some good sequences.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

way to be spotify

DasNeonLicht
Dec 25, 2005

"...and the light is on and burning brightly for the masses."
Fallen Rib

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Btw, Spotify's new concert feature that shows you a list of upcoming shows based on your album library is amazingly convenient.

:agreed:

I feel really dumb for having this app on my phone, but Industrial Music Alerts is impressive for how completely it centralizes concerts and DJ nights folks on this thread would be into. It seems like a useful way to discover things that you haven't listened to yet.

In fact, did someone here recommend it? It used to be known as RdB Events.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Amelia Arsenic (formerly of Angelspit) just put out a new EP

https://glitchmoderecordings.bandcamp.com/album/queen-of-risk

I really liked it. Angelspit got pretty bad after Blood Death Ivory but her first solo EP was pretty good and this has a nice Wax Trax kind of sound to it. You can really hear Sean Payne's influence on it. It's pay what you want so if you've had any interest in her music it's worth checking out.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

MassRafTer posted:

Angelspit got pretty bad after Blood Death Ivory

I really like Hideous and Perfect and Larva Pupa Tank Coffin, but yeah, starting with Hello My Name Is and onward they added guitars, got boring, and then suddenly Destroyx/Amelia Arsenic was gone without a word, and that seemed disrespectful.

I'm listening to this new EP of hers you posted and I like it. Definitely feels more like Angelspit than Angelspit does anymore.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

DasNeonLicht posted:

:agreed:

I feel really dumb for having this app on my phone, but Industrial Music Alerts is impressive for how completely it centralizes concerts and DJ nights folks on this thread would be into. It seems like a useful way to discover things that you haven't listened to yet.

In fact, did someone here recommend it? It used to be known as RdB Events.

It's not infallable- for some reason it's got OMD playing Kokomo, IN of all places on the same night their website says they're in Atlanta, GA.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Fuuuuuuck, somehow Schwefelgelb are playing here at a local techno night! And even better, it's just two days after I'll have seen Carpenter Brut & Youth Code!

Edit: £7 to see Schwefelgelb live, okay that works :v:

Danger - Octopus! fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 19, 2018

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
I saw Schwefelgelb at a festival recently! It was fun, but I was quite tired by that point so I didn't last the whole set. It was the first time I saw them because all their earlier sets were in the drat middle of the night...

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Entropist posted:

I saw Schwefelgelb at a festival recently! It was fun, but I was quite tired by that point so I didn't last the whole set. It was the first time I saw them because all their earlier sets were in the drat middle of the night...

As someone used to British gig timings, going to stuff in mainland Europe (or at Slimelight I guess) and finding that a headline band was on at some point in the early hours of the morning was pretty weird and has resulted in a fair few gigs where I've occasionally struggled to stay awake through bands I otherwise love!

Danger - Octopus! fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 19, 2018

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
The new Carpenter Brut album is awesome, and also has one track that is full-on 80s rock and basically sounds like The Cult but with a bit more hair metal thrown in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CVqlEwHJrk

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Yeah, it's fantastic. Particularly the first couple of tracks.

Whispering Machines
Dec 27, 2005

Monsters? They look like monsters to you?
Heads up, KANGA is playing a few shows soon in Cambridge (yesssssss), Austin and LA.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the new Pig album cover is very good:

https://www.metropolis-records.com/product/11602/risen

Huh. Skold is on it.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Mar 7, 2018

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Vlad, the guy who designed the cover, mentioned on the Telekon Slack channel that the physical cover is even cooler because it's got gold foiling and poo poo.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Anybody know what’s up with AirMech 2? From what I heard Front Line Assembly was done with the soundtrack months ago. I assume they can’t release it before the game or something?

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Okay, I get that faux 90sdustrial is pretty popular and some folk are young enough to not have gone through it the first time round but this 3TEETH collaboration with Ho99o9 basically sounds like it could have come out of the rap/metal crossover thing that got big from the mid 90s onwards. Like, if you told me this was a b-side for at track on the Judgement Night soundtrack I wouldn't really be surprised.

https://3teeth.bandcamp.com/album/lights-out

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Was just thinking I don't believe I have seen a scene band live since A23 in October 2016. Have 3TEETH coming soon at least, but it's kind of a bummer. Shows have dried up since Aftermath it seems.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Still slowly catching up on ID:YD's top 25 of last year still. First thing to really catch my attention (that I was previously unaware of) was Multiple Man: https://dkarecords.bandcamp.com/album/new-metal

One review calls it "minimal ebm" but I don't think that really does it justice. It's not stripped down, but it has some really nifty melodic rhythms without the noise.

It wasn't exactly EXCITING!!! but I found it very enjoyable, and perfect music to not overly distract while focusing on work.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

teethgrinder posted:

Still slowly catching up on ID:YD's top 25 of last year still. First thing to really catch my attention (that I was previously unaware of) was Multiple Man: https://dkarecords.bandcamp.com/album/new-metal

One review calls it "minimal ebm" but I don't think that really does it justice. It's not stripped down, but it has some really nifty melodic rhythms without the noise.

It wasn't exactly EXCITING!!! but I found it very enjoyable, and perfect music to not overly distract while focusing on work.

Some of his tracks sound like classic Belgian new beat to me so I am Extremely Down with this.

In other news, Victor Kalima is awesome https://infidelbodies.bandcamp.com/album/club-muscle

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Some of his tracks sound like classic Belgian new beat to me so I am Extremely Down with this.

In other news, Victor Kalima is awesome https://infidelbodies.bandcamp.com/album/club-muscle

This new album is great.

Checked out his previous albums and they are all different. Ranging from a sort of Neon Ambient, to a Glitchy IDM similar to Autechre.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Daaaang Spark! puts on an amazing live show. If I go to Sweden will I be able to see them and Wulfband live in their native habitat?

Oh yeah Etropolis was great, the big winners imo were Spark! and Rotersand (of course Project Pitchfork and Aesthetic Perfection were excellent as usual). I had not seen Xotox and Eisfabrik but they both put on great sets. Technically Etropolis isn’t over yet because VNV Nation is still playing. Their set is fine.

Side note: gently caress Nachtmahr and their garbage Nazi aesthetic. We have actual Nazis again, we don’t need more fake ones. Also gently caress whoever designs Aesthetic Perfection merch, it’s consistently bad especially considering how simple and effective their logo is. it’s probably Daniel graves

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Prop Wash posted:

gently caress Nachtmahr and their garbage Nazi aesthetic. We have actual Nazis again, we don’t need more fake ones.

Pretty sure he's not a *fake* nazi.

When he's asked if he's a nazi, his answer is something like, "Nazis are for German supremacy, I'm Austrian."

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I think Nachtmahr should be blasted to the moon on a rocket so they can go live as moonbase Nazis like they want and so they stop polluting the scene with their crap.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

LabyaMynora posted:

When he's asked if he's a nazi, his answer is something like, "Nazis are for German supremacy, I'm Austrian."

I feel like this guy didn't study his nazism very well

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Prop Wash posted:

Side note: gently caress Nachtmahr and their garbage Nazi aesthetic. We have actual Nazis again, we don’t need more fake ones.

His defence against being accusations of the misogyny of his lyrics and imagery was basically "but my other band has a woman in it so I can't be" iirc. And yeah he's pretty much a pro-Nazi tool IMHO.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I’m glad to see that no information has come to light which would influence my assessment of “gently caress that guy!”

I was serious about Spark! and Wulfband btw, are there any Scandinavian festivals I should keep an eye on?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Glad you had a good time dude! Very excited about what I've been hearing about Project Pitchfork's tour start, they've busted out some VERY surprising old tracks. Hope they'll keep them in the setlist when I see them in a month in Berlin and Hamburg,

Prop Wash posted:

I was serious about Spark! and Wulfband btw, are there any Scandinavian festivals I should keep an eye on?

I guess keep an eye out for ElectriXmas in Malmö and Bodyfest in Stockholm. I went to Bodyfest last year to catch Covenant, it was a fun one-day fest. Have heard good things about ElectriXmas too. Wulfband and Spark! don't seem to be confirmed for anything at this point, though. Release Magazine is a great place for everything Scandinavian: http://www.releasemagazine.net/onstage/

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Prop Wash posted:

Having seen both Spark! and Wulfband in Sweden in 2016 (at Electrixmas, though Spark! were actually playing the aftershow club rather than the fest itself!), I can safely say they are awesome on home territory and seem to play relatively often. Both bands share gig dates pretty far in advance on Facebook, so following them there is definitely the best way to keep on top of things.

Whispering Machines
Dec 27, 2005

Monsters? They look like monsters to you?

A human heart posted:

I feel like this guy didn't study his nazism very well
lol

I can't recall any of their songs so I googled them, super edgelord cosplay going on here

Only registered members can see post attachments!

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Ugh this dog deuce again, why

My wife surprised me with tickets to Front 242! They're coming to Denver on April 20, so I'm staying to get excited about it. Hate to say that they're getting in the "I should probably see them just in case this is the last time I *can* see them" category :smith:

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

boo_radley posted:

Ugh this dog deuce again, why

My wife surprised me with tickets to Front 242! They're coming to Denver on April 20, so I'm staying to get excited about it. Hate to say that they're getting in the "I should probably see them just in case this is the last time I *can* see them" category :smith:

They're still awesome live!

MK159
Aug 26, 2008
So Tim Van Horn just left Aesthetic Perfection's live lineup, which means Daniel doesn't have a live band anymore, and has to pull out of the Covenant/Grendel/Peter Turns Pirate tour. I know people here have some mixed opinions on him, but I have to wonder how likely this was to happen, considering a lot of the tour dates already have a replacement for AP in the bill.

Speaking of which, anyone heard of ghostfeeder? They're the replacement on the Houston bill.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

MK159 posted:

Speaking of which, anyone heard of ghostfeeder? They're the replacement on the Houston bill.

Ghostfeeder's singer sounds like he's listened to a lot of Nine Inch Nails. That's not meant as a criticism - his voice and the way he sings really reminds me of Trent Reznor on the less growly NIN tracks.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

MK159 posted:

So Tim Van Horn just left Aesthetic Perfection's live lineup, which means Daniel doesn't have a live band anymore, and has to pull out of the Covenant/Grendel/Peter Turns Pirate tour. I know people here have some mixed opinions on him, but I have to wonder how likely this was to happen, considering a lot of the tour dates already have a replacement for AP in the bill.

Aesthetic Perfection was only Graves (vocals) and Elliot Berlin (keyboards) at E-Tropolis, so I guess that explains that! Here, have some programmed drums: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcAJFR3ZeDQ

Also have some Project Pitchfork: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD1GmtlugSA

One thing I find interesting about Aesthetic Perfection is that Elliot Berlin routinely steals the show from Graves. Graves gets into his whole pop star thing, and then all of a sudden you look at Berlin and he's perched with one foot on each keyboard. Example one: this video of Never Enough isn't as high-quality but it does have Elliot Berlin's Best Moment, right as Daniel Graves is at his most dramatic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-ysGE2RVMM&t=207s

edit: I posted the Pitchfork video because it's great, but while I was watching it I noticed that I was a bit closer to this cameraman than I initially realized

Prop Wash fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Mar 19, 2018

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Are you somewhere in the video? I thought I saw you at some points but am not sure! That you at 2:28-ish?

Also, Spark! have just been confirmed for WGT this year. You should definitely go if you haven't been and can make it, WGT is a fantastic time. I'd love to go this year but have other stuff that week/weekend.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Mar 19, 2018

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
https://twitter.com/dubsteppenwolf/status/975764960495194119

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I guess Ministry and Combichrist aren't touring together.

:thejoke:

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Spicy hot take from the same band who were super chill with confederate flag imagery. His twitter defence of GUYS I REALLY HATE NAZIS luckily straightens things right out. Like how the gently caress do you look at the world in 2018 and think "it's pretty cool being an edgelord, hell yeah"

oh, here you go
https://deathrod.com/collections/mens/products/deathrod-deathcult-tee
https://deathrod.com/collections/mens/products/heritage-unisex-tee

SO EDGY

Edit: I really wanted to go see Night Club but they're touring with Combichrist and for obvious reasons as well as a lack of musical interest, I'm not loving going to see Combichrist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

That's pretty heinous, equating antifa with nazis to sell a $15 tshirt.