Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
Everything FLA released from Caustic Grip to Implode are all time great albums. And Decoder somehow manages to be better than all of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

I don't think I have ever seen someone call FLAvour of the Weak a great album.

I like FLAvour of the Weak well enough but I kinda consider it a package deal with Re-Wind which brings it up to great album level

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

a cyborg mug posted:

There’s a new Cleopatra Tribute to Rammstein comp coming out soon with covers by Laibach, Priest, FLA and others, that’s what you’ve been seeing

Godawful timing but they’ve probably had everything in the can and scheduled for release for months

The Laibach cover of Amerika is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_pcmPQOaw0

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

teethgrinder posted:

I'm enjoying the mind.in.a.box that released today. I'd say they're in full prog territory though. Plan on sitting down for a 74 minute song with different movements :)

That is to say it's hard to recommend one or two tracks specifically to check out, but there's nothing bad here either. Just may not be for everyone.
I love it so much. My favorite parts are when the vocals have that 80s power ballad vibe. It's like some kind of cyberpunk Roxette.

And if you ever have the chance to see them live you should. When I saw FLA back in 2010 or so they were the opening act and I didn't expect much since everything about mind.in.a.box just screams "studio band". I was kinda expecting a laptop playing concert01final.flac and perhaps a drummer. But there was an actual band on stage and they did all those vocal manipulations live. I think the video below is from that same tour and I linked a part I really love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3itkREMMxg&t=990s

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

PinkoBastard posted:

I agree that Filth Pig rules (and is super underrated!) but I love Lat Lady Lay and Brick Windows! Is there ANYONE that likes Dark Side of the Spoon? I thought it was awful too.
Supermanic soul is great but the rest is awful.

And Lay Lady Lay is one of the few Ministry covers that are waaaaay better then the original. I like Bob Dylan generally but that poo poo sucks.