Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brosef deluxe
Feb 22, 2007

"See Joe, this is what winning a meaningful game feels like"

poser posted:

Thank you so much!
If you'd like to save the effort and just come out to one, I play goalie and arrange the goalies for a Thursday night pickup at Valco from 9:30PM-Midnight. It's a terrible rink, but the $15 for 2.5 hours really can't be beat. There's always two goalies and it's a relatively fast skate, but most of the guys are pretty liberal with passing even if your skill level isn't up to snuff.

Plus, you get to headshot a goon goalie! Not too many people get that opportunity!

brosef deluxe fucked around with this message at 20:54 on May 9, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brosef deluxe
Feb 22, 2007

:siren: Sharks Argument Stadium! :siren:
I am going to be at the Thursday Noon Gretzky hour at Sharks Ice giving a couple of friends of mine a chance to practice their sweetest EE dekes in a nonstop breakaway competition. So please, if you see a dude that looks like this:

shoot me in the face. I enjoy it.

brosef deluxe
Feb 22, 2007

Thufir posted:

Anyone ever wear a neck protector as a skater? Since I apparently have a medically rare neck I was thinking I should so I ordered a Shock Doctor one but it doesn't look too comfortable.
http://maltesehockey.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=2

A little bit expensive, but totally awesome. Custom fit, as well.

brosef deluxe
Feb 22, 2007

poser posted:

I have a shooter tutor for it too, I just reserve the right to take it back if I move to a place with a big backyard :v:
If you end up making that shooting pad, I might have to become your new best friend. I'm dying for a place to shoot approximately a million pucks. Shooting one of those ice practice balls at the rear seat of a Wrangler in my garage is just not cutting it.

This whole moving from net to defense is hard, man.

brosef deluxe
Feb 22, 2007

Chemmy posted:

San Jose goons: my gear arrives in SJ next week. Anybody want a player?
You should come out to the pickup I play at at Valco, Thursday nights at 9:30PM-Midnight. $15, and an overall good time.

Actually, all the SJ hockey goons should come to it. I'll bring the beer for after you all snipe me.

EDIT: Reading comprehension.

brosef deluxe
Feb 22, 2007

Any San Jose guys looking for a goalie? I'm playing half-time as a defenseman for the Raccoons in E (because I'm awful at skating out), but I'd like to have a steady team to play for in goal.

Also, do you guys have any pickups you go to steadily?

brosef deluxe
Feb 22, 2007

trilljester posted:

Nope, I sub for Miz up in E division. What team are you in EEE? My normal team is in the EEE division as well.
Hahaha. Jesus Trilljester, I am a converted goalie playing left wing for the Raccoons in DDD and still being able to hang. You're sandbagging bad!

brosef deluxe
Feb 22, 2007

Pretty great when you're a goalie though. I had a guy coming in alone on a breakaway when the puck suddenly stuck to the ice. Shot nothing but water and celebrated cause he thought it was in the net.

EE hockey, man.

brosef deluxe
Feb 22, 2007

Any of the Sharks Ice guys know when the postseason equipment sale is? I'm trying to swing a new lid.

brosef deluxe
Feb 22, 2007

StyleFresh posted:

Anyone in the Bay Area putting anything together for Oakland's Iron Man 5 3v3?

Posting it on a few buddy's Facebooks to see if I can scrape together a decent team with old hockey buddies but if that doesn't work out I'm so down for GOONTEAM.
Sounds so fun. I'd be interested, although I'm not very good at hockey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brosef deluxe
Feb 22, 2007

StyleFresh posted:

Anyone try BioSteel? Went reading about it after seeing those videos out of the NHL BioSteel camp and apparently it's all the rage in the NHL. I'd throw down for a smaller tub to give it a shot but not sure if I can justify $70+ shipped on something that might not be worth it for me.
I might be looking to add a player in 5D at San Jose... what team were you on?