Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

bleedbackwards posted:

Love Sex Machine has put out one of the heaviest, ugliest sludge albums I've heard in years. Fans of Abominable Iron Sloth would probably appreciate.

This is drat good, thanks for posting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

amplifier worship posted:

Holy poo poo. Now I have to go check out Abominable Iron Sloth, but I don't want to stop playing this.

e: Okay, Abominable Iron Sloth is pretty cool, but I kind of get a slow-parts-of-Cephalic-Carnage vibe from them, and I'm not sure if I like that as much without the fast-parts-of-Cephalic-Carnage vibe.

If you haven't heard The Id Will Overcome, it is well worth a listen. Just a great really heavy sludge record. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rta93F9UJ3g

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Idioteque Dance posted:

Sounds like them. I'm not familiar with them but their performance was amazing. They filled the room with smoke/fog to the point where the other rooms and corridors were bellowing smoke so we went to check it out - couldn't see anything more than 2 foot in front, except the band who had a red headlamp on their heads while they played. A simple trick but it really loving worked.

Obviously Bongripper, Yob, Sleep, etc all fantastic. Sleep got in a good 25 minutes of Dopesmoker at least. Almost no disappointments, honestly.

Celeste are amazing. I'd love them to tour the States eventually, I'd see them in a heartbeat. They play pretty much blackened screamo mixed with sludge. Check out Celeste's page on Denovali, they have all their discography streaming and free to download in 320 straight from the label.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Ignatius-J-R posted:

Question Stoner/Doom/Sludge goons- Where does Wolves in the Throne Room fit into the metal pantheon?

Not in this thread, but atmospheric black metal.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
New Jucifer is a crazy heavy, fuzzy and distorted mess. Just how I like it.

Give it a listen on their band camp.
http://jucifer-official.bandcamp.com/

It is also Russian. Very Russian.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Shakenbaker posted:

Just discovered Glorior Belli. Is France just a series of swamps and I just never heard about it?

They come from Paris, so no. I'm really not into their new style though. It just feels so disjointed. I much prefer their earlier straight orthodox records like Manifesting the Raging Beast. I can absolutely rec that, but nothing after.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Friends Are Evil posted:

The Body's new album blew me away. It's misanthropic in ways other metal bands will never be.

Check out the new Rorcal and Primitive Man albums as well.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Juaguocio posted:

Are you all serious about this album by The Body? It sounds like it was recorded in a tool shed, and the vocals are some of the worst I've ever heard outside of a grindcore show.

The Body have some of the most wretched vocals in music there are. Even better is when they play live sometimes they don't even use a mic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2395BbNTLs

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

I am loving the hardcore and neocrust melodies on this. So hyped now.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
So who saw the Boris/Merzbow Boiler Room stream? Was well worth waking up at 8am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Killsion posted:

So who saw the Boris/Merzbow Boiler Room stream? Was well worth waking up at 8am.

For those who missed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BQb4sBUC2Y

Boris:
Farewell
Ghost of Romance
Huge
Rainbow
Sometimes (MBV Cover)
Heavy Rain
The Evilone Which Sobs

Merzbow:
KZZZZSSSSTTTHHHZZZZTTTSS