Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blakkout
Aug 24, 2006

No thought was put into this.

Holy poo poo, thanks thread for letting me know I could still hop off SERO and onto SWAC as late as last month.

I just got my first new monthly bill of $35 and am really enjoying my free Hulu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pedialyte
Jul 27, 2003

"With the breakdown of the Medieval system, the gods of Chaos, Lunacy, and Bad Taste gained ascendancy." Ignatius was writing in one of his Big Chief tablets.

Blakkout posted:

Holy poo poo, thanks thread for letting me know I could still hop off SERO and onto SWAC as late as last month.

I just got my first new monthly bill of $35 and am really enjoying my free Hulu.

drat, that sounds nice compared to my Unlimited Basic plan. I know nothing about it though, is there any path to get on SWAC for me at this point?

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Pedialyte posted:

drat, that sounds nice compared to my Unlimited Basic plan. I know nothing about it though, is there any path to get on SWAC for me at this point?

I had been off sero for awhile but my account was still flagged as an employee account and when I called in for an unrelated issue they advised me to do the mitigation on the website. And it went through.

Pedialyte
Jul 27, 2003

"With the breakdown of the Medieval system, the gods of Chaos, Lunacy, and Bad Taste gained ascendancy." Ignatius was writing in one of his Big Chief tablets.

RodShaft posted:

I had been off sero for awhile but my account was still flagged as an employee account and when I called in for an unrelated issue they advised me to do the mitigation on the website. And it went through.

Glad to hear it, I was never on SERO though either. Just learned this was even a thing you could do. I am assuming I am out of luck but would love to hear otherwise.

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

So take me back, back to better days
Cause this time between is wasting me away

Pedialyte posted:

Glad to hear it, I was never on SERO though either. Just learned this was even a thing you could do. I am assuming I am out of luck but would love to hear otherwise.

Just try it, that's how I originally got on mine.

Pedialyte
Jul 27, 2003

thisdude23 posted:

Just try it, that's how I originally got on mine.

That's wild. I just submitted my info. Thanks

Cage
Jul 17, 2003

$2 dunkin card today If you add em all up its a p dece deal

Also you can go spin a prize wheel to win $0.

Pedialyte
Jul 27, 2003

Sprint support is asking me for a CID number - any options here or am I out of luck?

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Pedialyte posted:

Sprint support is asking me for a CID number - any options here or am I out of luck?

Do they mean ICCID? If so that's listed in your device info and also printed on your sim card.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

nimper posted:

Do they mean ICCID? If so that's listed in your device info and also printed on your sim card.

No, you need a valid employee ID number bit to be put on an employee referral type plan. OP, you're out of luck unless you know a Sprint employee, and even then it might be iffy trying to get on SWAC at this point.

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008

SWAC is dead. It was discontinued back in early August 2020. Employees can no longer invite new friends/family to join SWAC. Current SWAC customers have no impact and can continue to manage their account as they normally would. The form to invite customers to join SWAC was supposed to be taken down but lol merger so you may still see it out there but it won't get you anywhere, unfortunately.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Maybe you can call in to support and bribe them with some $2 coupon codes for Dunkin Donuts for a backdoor swac account.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

I deleted the T-Mobile Tuesdays app. Nothing came up worth a drat and it was just overall annoying more than anything. Sprint Rewards was immensely better but oh well.

Also if anyone else noticed, the Sprint Voicemail is no more and now we have I guess T-Mobiles voicemail. The artificial voice is terrible in comparison, but seems to say less to make interacting with it quicker at least. Not a big thing for those that have Visual Voicemail on their phones I guess, but being as I have a Pixel 2XL still bought from Google directly, I've always had to call my VM to get it. :/

At least post merger coverage has been pretty good overall.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Don't do it dude! Hang in there till they release the T-Mobile toilet roll dispenser (while supplies last).

I am not using the tmobile sim card.. it's sitting on my desk. I can force my phone into using tmobile signals just fine with my sprint sim. I will say Tmobile around me is 40MB down and 20 MB up. It's pretty nice balance. Sprint is 80MB down and 2-5MB up and that leads to weird behavior with the upstream being so choked.

I get better pings if I use tmobile signal when I tether to my phone too.

The Samsung S9 is a great phone. I've had it 2 years and I'll have it a lot longer, there's no reason for me to upgrade.

Stubborn sprint user and I'm not gonna be chang'n!

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

moolchaba posted:

Don't do it dude! Hang in there till they release the T-Mobile toilet roll dispenser (while supplies last).

I am not using the tmobile sim card.. it's sitting on my desk. I can force my phone into using tmobile signals just fine with my sprint sim. I will say Tmobile around me is 40MB down and 20 MB up. It's pretty nice balance. Sprint is 80MB down and 2-5MB up and that leads to weird behavior with the upstream being so choked.

The Samsung S9 is a great phone. I've had it 2 years and I'll have it a lot longer, there's no reason for me to upgrade.

How do you force it to use tmobile? Enable roaming?

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

moolchaba posted:

Yea I haven't even gotten the T-Mobile one yet. Does the T-Mobile Sim enable things like WiFi calling that a BYOD Sprint Sim never did by chance? Just curious even though I have little need for it. My Wife on AT&T drops calls all the time on Cellular so she has to use WiFi to get reliable calling at home. Sprint is solid on calls pretty much everywhere so changing sims isn't something I am in any major rush to do until I am forced.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Harminoff posted:

How do you force it to use tmobile? Enable roaming?

I dial ##3282# on my phone and get to screen where you enter the MSL code (my phone doesn't need the MSL code) and then go in and turn off bands 25, 41 and 26. Then I reset the phone. It defaults to using the Tmobile LTE without any other changes (yes I have roaming on in my regular phone settings).

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

EdEddnEddy posted:

Yea I haven't even gotten the T-Mobile one yet. Does the T-Mobile Sim enable things like WiFi calling that a BYOD Sprint Sim never did by chance? Just curious even though I have little need for it. My Wife on AT&T drops calls all the time on Cellular so she has to use WiFi to get reliable calling at home. Sprint is solid on calls pretty much everywhere so changing sims isn't something I am in any major rush to do until I am forced.

My phone has the wifi calling feature since I first got it in 2019, so that may just be phone specific thing.

I always check out Sprint Reddit or my phone model Reddit for any tips and tricks.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

EdEddnEddy posted:

I just stopped by my Tmobile store and swapped my sim from my old sprint one to a new tmobile one.

I have a moto G7 (byod from sprint) that I love and the first thing I noticed when I got home was wifi calling was just on.... I didnt do anything its just working.

What else should i be doing now guys? I get much much better speeds now than I did before, should I be disabling bands, or is that not an issue since I have a tmobile SIM now?

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

You shouldn't need to mess with bands, your phone should automatically prefer T-Mobile towers and fall back to Sprint only if you can't get a T-Mobile signal. The Moto G7 is only missing band 71 so you should have good service on T-Mobile but may have a weaker signal than phones with it while indoors or far away from towers.

Mr.Radar fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 27, 2021

thisdude23
Jul 10, 2001

So take me back, back to better days
Cause this time between is wasting me away

If I got a new iPhone can I just use my older sim card instead? New one trying to read T-Mobile which sucks at my house still buy Sprint just works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Yes, iPhones should still support the legacy Sprint network. You should be able to activate the phone on your Sprint account online.