Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
Woo Christmas card exchange! I'm in!

I Liked it when the mail was addressed to Ms. Party Hat last year, but this is a new place and I dunno if I'll get it that way. :(

Nicole
6-17 Pembroke St.
Toronto, Ontario
M5A 2N6
Canada

party hat fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 21, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
Well, I'm sending out my first batch. Some lucky Canadian and American goons should soon receive christmas cards with non-sensical ramblings inside, and some bling (a silly band).

party hat
Apr 22, 2010

SHSrunner09 posted:

Just got my first holiday card from partyhat

She wrote a lovely paragraph for our daughter stating how she shouldn't be afraid of Santa and gave us a Santa Silly Band. :3:
Thanks!

I'm currently scrounging up some change to send out a few more. This is kind of addicting.

Yay! It's so exciting to see people getting my cards. :3:

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
I was beginning to think that the Internet forgot about me. :( But I got my first card today from Apathy Inspired! It was filled with stickers and snowflakes and a hockey card! I tore it open with glee and my boyfriend watched me in awe and confusion. It was great. Thank you!

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
Thanks Smenkhara for the lovely card and stickers. I love stickers. :3:      

party hat
Apr 22, 2010

genesplicer posted:

She's named Guinness and this is the little bastard right here:

She is ridiculously cute. :3:

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
I sent out a bunch of cards but I'm not getting many. I don't trust my post lady. :(

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
Big thanks to lamb for the black santa card filled with wonderful goodies! Made my day!

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
Thank you Cymoril -- or should I say, Kura the cat (!) for the card and the giant chocolate bar! And Team Lunch for the card with the cute kitty and rudolf elf match game/coloring book page! Also, thanks to Vixenella & Alkaphanet for the card. :3:

party hat fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Dec 20, 2011

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
Thank you Fish on a Stick for the scratch card and stickers! I've never received mail from Japan before so it was exciting! :dance:

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
I thought my mail receiving days were over until I found a little package in my mail box this afternoon. Thank you skels for all of the awesome Aussie goodies! I love that mini cricket paddle, it's so cute. :3:

Edit: and I just noticed the "little miss" sticker on the package! I love those guys!

party hat fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Feb 9, 2012

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
I have 6 or 7 cards I can send out so I'm going to throw my name in the pile for a little bit!

Party hat
6-17 Pembroke St.
Toronto, ON
M5A 2N6
Canada

Im a 27 y/o female and i loves me some cats! Yay!

party hat fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Oct 23, 2012

party hat
Apr 22, 2010

cuntvalet posted:

Hey guys...so I don't wanna be the type to ask for mail, but I just lost my job (rather I was demoted from a job I love to one I despise as a call centre agent) and I'm super bummed. been crying and just...overall super sad for 4 days now.

I was wondering if anybody would be willing to send a little bit of goonlove my way via mail? My boyfriend has done a wonderful job of being there for me, but goon mail is always awesome and I'd love things to put up in my house or even my cubicle in order to keep me smiling at work.

I sent out a card + things to you today! Will send more cards and stuff to more goony goons over the next few days.

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
Is there anybody here who hates coffee or doesn't drink it? This is important!

party hat
Apr 22, 2010

cuntvalet posted:

Niemat I got that Halloween card and the stickers from you! Thank you so much!!! It made my day!

Also how did you know that Scooby-Doo is my favourite cartoon character?!

I'm surprised you haven't gotten mine yet. You're like a 45 minute drive from me! At my driving speeds anyway.

Edit: nvm, thinking of Bradford. Still, not too much further!

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
Woo! I got my first piece of goon mail already from Kafkas Goldfish! It was a lovely letter about their cats and stuff. I think you tried to put a wax stamp on it? But it fell apart by the time it got to me :( nevertheless, thank you!

party hat
Apr 22, 2010

cuntvalet posted:

I hope I get your mail soon!!!

PARTY HAAAAAT!!!!

I got home from a doctor's appointment and got your mail! I love the stickers but I am honestly SO IN LOVE with the coin purse you made. It's gorgeous and matches a sweater I have so well it's uncanny!

Yay! I'm so glad you like it! :3:

party hat
Apr 22, 2010

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Oh, no! This makes me so sad! Maybe I should have sealed the letter inside the envelope instead. If you want more mail, I could try again. I have some pretty awesome Scottish wax that is very beautiful!

Oh no! Don't be sad, I loved your letter! :3: If you WANT to send me another one with your pretty Scottish wax, far be it from me to stop you! But don't feel obligated. :) I am going to send you a letter back soon!

party hat
Apr 22, 2010

Niemat posted:

And I started a ribbon board (next to my homework board, blech) in prep for the fall/winter holiday goonmail season!! :D (also pictured is Mizufusion's postcard from a few posts ago!)

I dig your board!

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
drat, I just realized that the mail I sent to the US Monday had stamps from last year, therefore are 2 cents short. Please please don't notice Canada Post! :ohdear:

party hat
Apr 22, 2010

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Oh man... this is sending me outside in my bathrobe right now to check the mail. I love goonmail. :blush:

edit: YES! Thank you Party Hat! I got an awesome rooster card and neat crochet (knitted?) change purse. It is adorable and I'm totally gonna use it. :dance: Thank you for the goonlove! It was right on time.

Hurrah! :dance: it is crocheted, I can't figure out this knitting thing.

party hat
Apr 22, 2010

Mizufusion posted:

I got a card from party hat today too! It had a neat green and gray crocheted coffee cup sleeve. Good timing too, because I usually get coffee with friends on Friday night! I'm wearing it like a really dorky bracelet until then. :downs:

Yay! So what's the verdict? Was it awesome or too chunky?

party hat
Apr 22, 2010

Dushkani posted:

Unrelated; should any more goonmail get sent my way, use C. Livingston rather than Dushkani. The postman had an unhappy talk with my girlfriend about that today.

Why do some postmen have to be so uptight? :colbert:

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
Thank you lamb for the card and wonderful goodies enclosed! I haven't seen garbage pail kids for ages, reminds me of my childhood! I will be using the spooky bandaid next time I do something cumbsy which shouldn't be long.

I got your new letter Kafka's Goldfish, and the wax arrived in much better condition! Now I want wax and a seal. Did you happen to include a single googly eye sticker thing, because I noticed it on my desk when I put your letter away, and I don't own any. :tinfoil: I will write you back, I've just been shamelessly lazy.

party hat
Apr 22, 2010

kafkasgoldfish posted:

The googly eye was glued onto the eye of the rubber stamp figure on the letter but I guess it came unglued. :sigh: I need to get the hang of what not to mail in the post! (Googly eyes, wax seals, etc.)

The mental image of you coming back to your table and finding a single, unblinking googly eye staring at you is hilarious.

The all knowing eye! :ohdear:

party hat
Apr 22, 2010

Dushkani posted:

I also recieved a cross stitch from Kafka's.

As you can see, it is adorable.

That's so cute!

Thermophonic Joy, I got your Halloween goodies today! It was very exciting, I've been feeling a little down but it put some pep in my step. Goon mail is the best thing ever!

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
I have the stamps, i just need to get some Christmas cards and start mailing!

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
I got my first Christmas card yesterday from PezMaster! The card was so cute, and you can tell your husband and student that they're wonderful artists :3:. Now I am in full swing Christmas spirit, yay! Thank you!

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
I'm going to start sending out Christmas cards this week. My living room is in the middle of drywall sanding and I can't decorate until its done, so I need some Christmas cheer. :(

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
First Christmas batch out!

I think I bought too many Canadian stamps, there's not many of them in here! Come on Canuck goons!

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
I can't believe my post office is out of international and domestic stamps. Outrage!

party hat
Apr 22, 2010

Thermophonic Joy posted:

No one's reported getting my mail yet. :ohdearsass:

I'm sorry! I got your card and it was wonderful, I'm just somehow too lazy to post in here but not too lazy to send you a card back!

party hat
Apr 22, 2010

Tremors posted:

Thank you Kafka's Goldfish! The card and cross stitches are awesome, and I loved the wax seal.

Oh my god, I want frog Mario. That was the best power up thingy.

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
It seems like none of the cards I sent out are making it to people. :ohdearsass:

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
I want to apologize for my lack of posting in this thread. I was so busy over the holidays and got an 8 week old puppy that I've barely been on the forums. Every time I received a Christmas card, I felt so bad! But I wanted to make a list of thank-yous to everyone I received cards from. You guys are awesome and it made Christmas really great.

nonpromqueen and your little girl!
Pezmaster, who obviously has the coolest student ever and her artistic husband, Killamajig.
Keetron, even though I think you meant that 2013 is going to be great, not 2012 ;)
Fluffy Bunnies if only my tree were made of diamonds.
cardboardRobot with the silveryiest card ever.
Team Lunch, whose card featured the fanciest reindeers I've ever seen.
Vixenella and Alkaphanel, may there always be joy in your life and love in your heart as well!
THermophonic Joy, kitty cards are the best and those stickers were put to good use. Thank you!
Jimmy da Fish, your pretty card makes me happy.
Kafka's Goldfish who introduced me to the Christmas Octopus
Ashendar, my boyfriend thought it was awesome to get a postcard from Estonia!
Marlow, the card is adorable, I love the bright colours :3:

Anyone I missed, I'm super sorry and feel free to give me poo poo!

And finally, a picture of all the cards on my spiffy christmas card thinger!

Thank you guys so much!

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
I received a couple of cards!

First from Mizufusion. One of your stickers took my new monitor's sticker virginity!

And thank you for your lovely goody-gram, Lamb! Neat stamps, too!

party hat fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jan 14, 2013

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
I'm so grateful that people are still sending me cards! I want to send some out but cash is so tight right now. I doubt I'll be able to get any out by Valentines day, but probably after. :(

Shoozy, I'm going to have to try those brownies! I love baking but I've actually never made brownies.

Vixenella and Alkaphanel, thank you for the cute card and valentines goodies inside The fuzzy owl thingy is awesome.

Tempura Wizard, I've never received a Chinese New Year card before, thank you!

and, When Worlds Collide I love, love, love that card. It's so pretty! And all of the awesome little valentines inside made my day pretty good :)

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
I'm finally able to send out some goon mail again. I'm so excited!!

I've got 8 Canadian stamps (there doesn't seem to be many Canadians in this thread!) and 12 American. Are any of you Canuck goons a Sagittarius by chance? I got some pretty sweet stamps.

party hat
Apr 22, 2010

Kafka's Goldfish this is seriously the best thing. The frog suit was my favourite, I'd use it in any level. This is awesome. You are awesome. Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
Finally able to send out some colourful goon love!