Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.
I'm a big fan of Manchu's illustrations, they're very evocative of the art you used to find on science fiction book covers in the 70s and 80s (especially Chris Foss' work).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.
Here's an awesome hexapedal tank from Ghost in the Shell

And something else from the same artist

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Well I can see Tron (Encom shirt), Alien (Weyland Yutani pouch) and Robocop (OCP lens thing around her neck). But as a whole I'm pretty sure it's not an explicit reference to a particular character or anything.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

e: ^^^ Snowyleia is cracking me up.

Robots! And mechs!

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

oddspelling posted:

Those are badass. They make me think of a realistic version of the Terminator.

Yeah I love his realistic mechanical designs. Here's a gif of the first one WIP and a couple other robots.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Battlefleet Gothic was always my favourite GW game.

Also, Epic.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

What fast food chains are Panda Cherng, Troy The Trojan and Baby Face Bob referring to? I get all the others, but not those three.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

I wouldn't mind knowing myself, I can't find anything either.

unrelated:

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for this but:

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

oddspelling posted:

I just finished Portal 2, so have some fanarts:

Is... is that Anne Hathaway as Chell?

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

oddspelling posted:

Altair from rear end-Creed:

Anna and Gunther from DX, and Blade and Elexis from SiN by this dude:

Altair didn't have two hidden blades :colbert:. And if you didn't know, Gauss is a goon. He's also responsible for these masterpieces:

Have some sweet robots and mechs:

look out WALL-E :ohdear:

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Performing necromancy with two pieces of awesome Battletech art:

And a non-Battletech robot by the same guy

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Abstract cityscapes and industrial plants by Atelier Olschinsky

I really love these, I feel like I could get lost inside them.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

I support the endeavor to resurrect this thread.

Oldschool Robert McCall

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

God Mode posted:

Whenever there's a post apocalyptic setting in a videogame or movie or whatever it ends up being a boring brown/gray wasteland. I'd love for it to be more like this. I guess the 'overgrown' look is something that would gradually emerge after humans have been gone for a more extended period of time, maybe a few hundred years.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Runcible Cat posted:

It'd only take a couple of decades, most likely, unless the apocalypse really hosed up the entire ecosphere - look up photosets of Pripyat or the other abandoned places round Chernobyl to see how fast the wilderness comes back.

I... is that the Natural History Museum? :3:

Ed: Why yes it is! (Original; huge.)

When you look at Pripyat the vegetation has encroached into a lot of areas, but there aren't forests growing on top of buildings and stuff. The structure of the buildings is pretty much intact. I think this level of overgrowth is a much longer-term sort of affair.

Here's a cool progression:

e: Here is a gif

Sunday Punch has a new favorite as of 13:16 on Nov 15, 2011

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Hugs Boson posted:

Whenever I see a waterfall coming out of a plane's engine or from a building's roof I can't help but wonder... where the heck is that water coming from?

This exact thought occurred to me when I saw that airliner picture. Maybe the terminal is flooded and the water is coming in through the jetway? As for the Tokyo Big Sight, I've got nothing.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Fanart

Not fanart

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Sweet-rear end battletech art

Spot the odd one out :v:

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

A_Bluenoser posted:

There is something about these classical style of Sci-Fi images that I find particularly awe-inspiring. They seem to have a sense of vastness and strangeness that I don't get so much from the more modern pieces (although I like many of them as well).

Look at the dates on those images :ssh:. You're right though, that's the exact reason I love Manchu's illustrations.

Here's his blog if you want to see more.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

more

cool

fan

art

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Zombiebeard posted:

I'm a little late to the party, but here's a few I have:

I seem to remember there being a bunch of pokemon done in this style, anyone have more?

Altered Carbon art :aaa:

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

It's the future of a more optimistic and intrepid past.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

More E-body Mopar than you can shake a stick at

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Woah those are awesome! I kinda want them as posters now.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

oddspelling posted:

Do you know what the source on this one is? The character looks like a cyborg rear end-Creed assassin.

It's by this guy.

Grouchy Fish posted:

Underpants are so restrictive.

Haven't you ever seen Ghost in the Shell? Cyberpunk is all about the no underpants.

Here's something by the same dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

oddspelling posted:

RIP Moebius :smith:

Yes :(

• Locked thread