Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
We all know about the NZBMatrix refugees. I'm sure if anyone uses and lesser-known, open-registration, recommendable indexers that they'd be inclined to recommend them at this time without being asked. Everyone in this thread mostly all know of just the same indexers, though. Hold tight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

IRSmurf posted:

FYI: .su VIP subscriptions are finally available again. Subscribe now if you don't want to lose your free account.

I'd like to be more specific, but I'm not sure how much information mods here are comfortable with me posting. I've lurked SA a long time, but never in threads as under-the-table as usenet. Is it okay for me to share indexers here? Is this thread public?

EDIT: Nevermind. I sent them a brief message after obtaining VIP access and they replied: "We didn't re-enable, you just met the necessary requirements (arbitrary numbers) in order to see it ;)"

What are their arbitrary requirements in order to see it? I'm still unable to.

Sperg Victorious
Mar 25, 2011
http://www.usenet-crawler.com/ is open for registration. Don't know about the quality though.

Slagwag
Oct 27, 2010

"I am not a nugget!"
I feel pretty good at least about downgrading my giganews account from the 34.99 one to a $9.99 model or whatever it is.

Now since I cannot get into the cool kids clubs of nzb sites, I am just trying out newznab.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
Um, did dognzb just die?

Modern Pragmatist
Aug 20, 2008

suddenlyissoon posted:

Um, did dognzb just die?

Similar to nzb.su, they just took down their front page. Try navigating to http://dognzb.cr/browse or http://dognzb.cr/login

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.

Modern Pragmatist posted:

Similar to nzb.su

Whew. I'm glad I was wrong!

edit: edited my post in case you want to edit yours.

suddenlyissoon fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Dec 12, 2012

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

This is really loving me off. For the loving life of me 99.9% of everything I've tried is either crap, down, gone paranoid and turned off registrations , or needs invites.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Just use Binsearch for now. It's not really that bad.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

I actually have come to prefer nzbclub.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Yeah, its just a bit fugly, thats all.

What I liked about NZBMatrix was the fact if nzbs where busted, you where 99% likely someone in the comments would say so. That alone made the whole thing worth while.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Raced home because you guys said to upgrade to VIP on nzb.su. I get "VIP account upgrades are currently not available to you, please check back later."

:(

movax
Aug 30, 2008

IRSmurf posted:

FYI: .su VIP subscriptions are finally available again. Subscribe now if you don't want to lose your free account.

I'd like to be more specific, but I'm not sure how much information mods here are comfortable with me posting. I've lurked SA a long time, but never in threads as under-the-table as usenet. Is it okay for me to share indexers here? Is this thread public?

EDIT: Nevermind. I sent them a brief message after obtaining VIP access and they replied: "We didn't re-enable, you just met the necessary requirements (arbitrary numbers) in order to see it ;)"

The paywall is down and this thread is publicly viewable, yes.

Personally I don't have a problem with sharing indexer URLs, I don't want to know what you do with those indexers. I just don't want this particular thread (as its supposed to be Usenet general) turning into pages of "invite plz" is all.

DaiTengu
Feb 26, 2007

Not until I've had my second pot of coffee.
Nap Ghost

duck monster posted:

This is really loving me off. For the loving life of me 99.9% of everything I've tried is either crap, down, gone paranoid and turned off registrations , or needs invites.

Be happy that it's during the winter break for most TV shows. By the time they're back, I'm quite confident that some enterprising young goons will have something set up for us to abuse, and to get our newsgroup indexing fix from.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
What happened to https://www.nzbs.org :confused:

edit: Scrolled back a couple pages, discovered the inconspicuous login link. Are there DMCA worries in the industry right now?

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Pretty much. The search works fine despite being inelegant

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Am I missing something or is the search at nzb.su awful? Is there no way to search for something in a particular category?

Pin Dragon
Jan 16, 2008

That's what she said.
For those of you looking for new indexers. This website has a few and some are free. I don't know how good they are, but free is free.

http://www.usenetsecrets.com/2012/12/some-indexers-worth-a-look/

Pin Dragon fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Dec 13, 2012

RE90
Oct 22, 2008
Thinking about buying a NZBsRus vip account as an NZBMatrix refugee. I'm not sure how to access whether it is a worthwhile investment without first polling you experts...

TDD_Shizzy
Feb 26, 2004

Mister Chief posted:

Am I missing something or is the search at nzb.su awful? Is there no way to search for something in a particular category?

VIP accounts get filters and better searching ways. Free accounts are pretty limited.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

RE90 posted:

Thinking about buying a NZBsRus vip account as an NZBMatrix refugee. I'm not sure how to access whether it is a worthwhile investment without first polling you experts...

NZBRUS has been really flakey as of late, even before all this other poo poo went down. I'd give them money only as a last resort because I'd bet dollars to donuts they'll be next in line to go.

On the plus side you can only pay them in bitcoins, so that's hilarious.

They also seem to have the largest user base actively involved in commenting releases now that NZBmatrix is gone. Unfortunetly most of the people there are complete idiots as to how the scene works and if left to their own devices will start begging the person who uploaded the nzb (stolen from nzbmatrix) for the bluray rip (of a lunix distro). The mods aren't much better.

maniacripper fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Dec 13, 2012

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
Anybody know if sharing a DOGnzb account with someone will get it deactivated?

uhhhhahhhhohahhh fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Dec 13, 2012

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
Is anyone else having problems with .nzbs from binsearch being incomplete? The exact same .nzbs from omgwtfnzbs seems to be fine.

crm
Oct 24, 2004

What's the best / cheapest block space provider that's not readnews or giganews provider?

crm fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Dec 13, 2012

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Blocknews?

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Shy posted:

Blocknews?

I meant readnews, not highwinds. I'm dumb.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

Tea Bone posted:

Is anyone else having problems with .nzbs from binsearch being incomplete? The exact same .nzbs from omgwtfnzbs seems to be fine.

Yeah I had some weird incompletes today. Not sure why.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

crm posted:

What's the best / cheapest block space provider that's not readnews or giganews provider?

Astraweb have a 1000GB for $50

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

Well I sure feel stupid now for not signing up with dognzb back when I had a chance.

Dude With Pants
May 29, 2010
Does anyone know any indexer with the layout of nzbmatrix ? So that i can see the top 10 from movies , from tv , games etc . It was a good way to know what is released or not . With these newznab sites this is not as easy

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Dude With Pants posted:

Does anyone know any indexer with the layout of nzbmatrix ? So that i can see the top 10 from movies , from tv , games etc . It was a good way to know what is released or not . With these newznab sites this is not as easy

Nope, the majority of sites are just newznab clones.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Did Dognzb prune inactive accounts? I made one there a very long time ago when it was first made but I never used it since Nzb.su covered my needs. Now it appears it's time to diversify but attempting to recover password using my e-mail doesn't yield the email it says it is sending.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

YouTuber posted:

Did Dognzb prune inactive accounts? I made one there a very long time ago when it was first made but I never used it since Nzb.su covered my needs. Now it appears it's time to diversify but attempting to recover password using my e-mail doesn't yield the email it says it is sending.

I think it's safe to assume that every indexer went a bit crazy over the past week(s) and probably pruned like mad-men/clammed up tight.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

YouTuber posted:

This happened to me months ago, before all the Nzbmatrix drama. I was never able to reset my password, but my account is still active because Sickbeard still pulls from there. I think the password recovery thingee isn't working.

Vastly Outnumbered
Dec 10, 2003

YouTuber posted:

From what I read somewhere after having the same issue, they purge accounts that have a certain length of inactivity (I think it was 90 days). I wish I'd either known that beforehand, or taken the time to upgrade my nzb.su account to VIP before they had a big surge in new registrations and it was subsequently purged.

Vastly Outnumbered fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Dec 13, 2012

Rat Supremacy
Jul 15, 2007

The custom title is an image and/or line of text that appears below your name in the forums
Goddamn, first newzbin, nzbs.org isn't responding and new nzbmatrix is gone. Where do we go now? :smith:

Lemons
Jul 18, 2003

haywire posted:

Goddamn, first newzbin, nzbs.org isn't responding and new nzbmatrix is gone. Where do we go now? :smith:

http://nzbs.org/forum

this has all been discussed a lot in the last few pages

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Tindahbawx posted:

Well I sure feel stupid now for not signing up with dognzb back when I had a chance.

I jumped on it and then pinned the page in my Chrome so that it loaded it once a day just for this very reason. Not being smug, just happy it worked out.

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug

haywire posted:

Wow, I didn't even have a clue that nzbmatrix got shut down. I can't believe that poo poo. Now what archaic method of Usenet indexing am I supposed to use?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

zwdzk posted:

Wow, I didn't even have a clue that nzbmatrix got shut down. I can't believe that poo poo. Now what archaic method of Usenet indexing am I supposed to use?

binsearch