Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crossbar
Jun 16, 2002
Chronic Lurker

Evil Trout posted:

Yup, it definitely doesn't like that site being down. Same problem here. Hopefully TVDB will come back up soon! Does anyone know if it's a temporary problem or a long term one?
It's a planned outage.

BTW, whenever I have questions like this I just search twitter. I almost always find an answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polluxx Troy
Mar 12, 2005

...authorities here are on alert...
Know this is a longshot, but figured I'd ask, becuase frankly I can't be the only person wanted to do this.

I'm looking for post-processing script that tags music, inserts an album image if none exists, and renames my files and folder into a specific format (in this case, a simple one: Artist\Year - Album\Track - Title.xxx).

I tried Write Album Art plug-in, but as it hasn't been updated in ages and only works with Newzbin categories (and there's no way I'm signing up there).

Posts Only Secrets
Jan 22, 2005
Breaking the NDA...
Im going to try my question here, since the NAS thread didn't bring any results:

Does anyone have a guide to install sabnzbd and sickbeard on freenas 0.7.2? Preferably something that you've used yourself with success. I've tried a bunch listed on the freenas forums and haven't been able to successfully get it working. At some point in the process there's a step that does not match up with what I have.

Im on 0.7.2 Sabanda (revision 7529).

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

For those on mac using SickBeard Launcher, have you noticed a memory leak?

I was messing around in activity monitor and noticed that it was using almost a gig of memory. I went ahead and restarted and it was only using 15 MB of memory. I've been eyeing it for the past 5 minutes or so and it's up to 25 MB.

Now I know what's causing my swap file to take up 5 GB of space. I hardly ever restart my computer.

edit: up to 70MB. I'm gonna keep monitoring it but I guess I'll have to make sure I exit out of the launcher when I open SickBeard. I messaged the creator on Twitter so I'll update anything I hear.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Sep 12, 2011

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
Was anyone else using the CentOS/RHEL repo for SABnzbd (http://hansvon.homelinux.org/SABnzbd/RHEL-CentOS/)? Looks like it's not up anymore.

Tatsujin fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Sep 14, 2011

rikatix
Aug 24, 2010
I'm very interested in learning usenet so I've spent the last couple days finally figuring it out.

I have had lots of success finding newer stuff. As in very new. I am having a lot of trouble finding stuff that I have absolutely no problem finding when I search torrents. Obviously I would like to use Usenet over torrents but I think I am just doing it wrong right now.

Like I said, no problem finding these on torrenting sites, but I want to use Usenet!

I've been using nzb.su and binsearch.info

Thanks!

rikatix fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Sep 15, 2011

Demented Guy
Apr 22, 2010

IF YOU ARE READING THIS IN AN NBA THREAD, LOOK TO YOUR RIGHT TO SEE MY EXPLETIVE RIDDEN, NONSENSICAL POST OF UTTER BULLSHIT
It's available in Usenet. Maybe adjust your retention settings in your search provider since what you're looking for was posted about two years ago.

rikatix
Aug 24, 2010

Demented Guy posted:

It's available in Usenet. Maybe adjust your retention settings in your search provider since what you're looking for was posted about two years ago.

still no luck. i need a tutorial on searching for poo poo.

Not related, why does the speed seem to vary so much? sometimes it maxes out my connection at 2.5 MB/s and hangs there for a long time, other times it fluctuates wildly between 600 KB/s and 1.7 MB/s but cannot get up into the 2.0 MB/s range.

rikatix fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Sep 15, 2011

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Please don't do that, rikatix. If you think you are in grey territory, just don't do it. It'll ruin the thread for the rest of us who aren't retarded.

rikatix
Aug 24, 2010

Nam Taf posted:

Please don't do that, rikatix. If you think you are in grey territory, just don't do it. It'll ruin the thread for the rest of us who aren't retarded.

hope thats better.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

rikatix posted:

Not related, why does the speed seem to vary so much? sometimes it maxes out my connection at 2.5 MB/s and hangs there for a long time, other times it fluctuates wildly between 600 KB/s and 1.7 MB/s but cannot get up into the 2.0 MB/s range.

Because your ISP is shaping or slow or non consistent or your pc is doing cpu intensive tasks and taking away cycles from sabnzbd.

also stop talking about searching

bobdigi
Oct 6, 2004
yea you know who is he
Any Cox users notice any speed issues lately? I used to get 3MB/s constant but for the past few weeks I get no more than 450k/s. This is in the Baton Rouge area. I'm on a 25MB connection.

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009

bobdigi posted:

Any Cox users notice any speed issues lately? I used to get 3MB/s constant but for the past few weeks I get no more than 450k/s. This is in the Baton Rouge area. I'm on a 25MB connection.

No issue here in Phoenix with Cox and supernews. Who is your provider?

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry
Is there any simple guides for setting up sickbeard and sabnzd to talk to eachother? I got both of them up and running, SB has scanned my library, but I can't quite figure out how to get them to talk to eachother :ohdear:

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

It's...it's not shutting down!

meatbag posted:

Is there any simple guides for setting up sickbeard and sabnzd to talk to eachother? I got both of them up and running, SB has scanned my library, but I can't quite figure out how to get them to talk to eachother :ohdear:

http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/wiki/PostProcessing

and

http://localhost:8081/config/search/
(obviously fill that in for your sickbeard install. Just type in the sab info into the whole second box area after selecting sab)

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

For people interested, it looks like Midgetspy for Sickbeard pulled a bunch of stuff on monday so hopefully there will be an update out soon.

kri kri fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Sep 16, 2011

Goon Matchmaker
Oct 23, 2003

I play too much EVE-Online

Tatsujin posted:

Was anyone else using the CentOS/RHEL repo for SABnzbd (http://hansvon.homelinux.org/SABnzbd/RHEL-CentOS/)? Looks like it's not up anymore.

Yeah it's dead. The guy running it moved it to another provider. I can't find the link for some reason though.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Is anybody else having an issue with Sickbeard not updating the upcoming airdates for shows? There's a show that aired last night and I can't get it to add the new season. I've restarted the program and I've forced a full update on the show, but it won't update. TheTVDB is up and the new season is on the site so I don't know what the hell the problem is.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Is anybody else having an issue with Sickbeard not updating the upcoming airdates for shows? There's a show that aired last night and I can't get it to add the new season. I've restarted the program and I've forced a full update on the show, but it won't update. TheTVDB is up and the new season is on the site so I don't know what the hell the problem is.

I've had to delete the show, then re-add the existing show from the folder.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

The Modern Leper posted:

That worked. It's probably because I deleted the folders of shows that weren't airing so as to avoid clutter.

TreFitty
Jan 18, 2003

My SABnzbd has become retarded. It thinks I'm downloading at 677 B/sec. when it's actually 6.7 MB/sec. What the heck?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

TreFitty posted:

My SABnzbd has become retarded. It thinks I'm downloading at 677 B/sec. when it's actually 6.7 MB/sec. What the heck?

Are you sure it's actually downloading? If the post doesn't exist on the server, the progress bar will fill but the speed will be zero or near-zero.

FloydianOne
May 13, 2006

The Modern Leper posted:

I have to do this for every show that starts a new season.

Rat Supremacy
Jul 15, 2007

The custom title is an image and/or line of text that appears below your name in the forums
Anyone getting slow as gently caress speeds from the SuperNews EU servers today? I'm getting like, ~700KB/sec which is annoying as hell.

Whilst farting I
Apr 25, 2006

From SABnzbd's 0.6.9's release notes:

quote:

What's new:
-Update Plush to solve minor browser incompatibilities
-On Windows the 64bit versions of par2 and unrar were never used

Does this mean it's automatically going to start using par2 and unrar 64bit versions, or that they were removed because they were never used? There's nothing at all in the forums about this and since my question really is more about performance if 32bit were being used instead, I figured I'd post this here instead of their forums. :nyoron:

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I've never seen PAR2 or UnRAR even come close to using 4GB of RAM, so unless they can make use of some of the AMD64-specific instructions there probably isn't any benefit.

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

Whilst farting I posted:

Does this mean it's automatically going to start using par2 and unrar 64bit versions, or that they were removed because they were never used? There's nothing at all in the forums about this and since my question really is more about performance if 32bit were being used instead, I figured I'd post this here instead of their forums. :nyoron:
We know 64 bit par/rar is worthless because par and unrar are i/o bound not ram/cpu bound, but some people REALLY REALLY REALLY thought they needed it, so we included the binaries and set it so that we'd use these builds on 64bit Windows. Turns out our bit detection on certain versions of windows was hosed, so we never actually used the 64bit binaries. So here we months later and someone finally told us it was busted so we fixed it.

Rat Supremacy
Jul 15, 2007

The custom title is an image and/or line of text that appears below your name in the forums
Yeah, this is weird, still getting ~600-700KB/s from Supernews' EU servers. Which is awful, seeing as I used to get 6.5MB/sec.

Also, what the hell - when I check my connection status I get:

code:

[email]1313161598.21661.94@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161597.98089.81@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161597.88698.74@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161597.92234.78@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161598.04457.86@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161598.21214.93@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161597.91705.77@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161598.15032.92@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161598.12474.90@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161598.22043.95@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161598.00832.83@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161598.04033.85@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161597.89548.76@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161598.12023.89@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161598.05435.87@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161598.14715.91@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161597.97780.80@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161598.08957.88@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161598.03544.84@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161598.23603.96@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu

But I'm with SuperNews, who as far as I can remember were a GigaNews reseller.

The only thing I can think is that for some reason Supernews switched to astraweb and now have lovely throttled servers :S

Rat Supremacy fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Sep 18, 2011

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

haywire posted:

Yeah, this is weird, still getting ~600-700KB/s from Supernews' EU servers. Which is awful, seeing as I used to get 6.5MB/sec.

Also, what the hell - when I check my connection status I get:

code:

[email]1313161598.21661.94@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161597.98089.81@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161597.88698.74@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161597.92234.78@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161598.04457.86@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161598.21214.93@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161597.91705.77@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161598.15032.92@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161598.12474.90@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161598.22043.95@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161598.00832.83@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161598.04033.85@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161597.89548.76@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161598.12023.89@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161598.05435.87@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161598.14715.91@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161597.97780.80@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161598.08957.88@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161598.03544.84@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu
[email]1313161598.23603.96@eu.news.astraweb.com[/email]	Ubuntu.rar	Ubuntu

But I'm with SuperNews, who as far as I can remember were a GigaNews reseller.

The only thing I can think is that for some reason Supernews switched to astraweb and now have lovely throttled servers :S

That's the provider of the person who posted the thing to Usenet. It doesn't have anything to do with who your provider is.

Rat Supremacy
Jul 15, 2007

Thermopyle posted:

That's the provider of the person who posted the thing to Usenet. It doesn't have anything to do with who your provider is.

Ah fair enough. Anyway, I e-mailed their support and they told me Virgin Media (my ISP) throttles known NNTP traffic, and that they had port 443 available for that reason.

Switched to 443, and bam, proper speeds again! Thanks SuperNews!

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

haywire posted:

Switched to 443, and bam, proper speeds again! Thanks SuperNews!
We just had two users in #sabnzbd with the exact same problem.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Does Sickbeard automatically download DVD rips when they become available even if it has already downloaded TV rips? Is there a way to turn that off?

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

It's...it's not shutting down!

inpheaux posted:

We just had two users in #sabnzbd with the exact same problem.

What network is this on?

edit: it's on synirc like all good channels

ambushsabre fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Sep 18, 2011

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Does Sickbeard automatically download DVD rips when they become available even if it has already downloaded TV rips? Is there a way to turn that off?
When you set up a show you have a choice to set up the archive storage type. Un-selecting any which are selected (you can get to this screen by editing your existing shows as well) should stop it from downloading larger releases in the future.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Dodoman posted:

When you set up a show you have a choice to set up the archive storage type. Un-selecting any which are selected (you can get to this screen by editing your existing shows as well) should stop it from downloading larger releases in the future.

It turns out that it wasn't Sickbeard that downloaded a bunch of stuff, but an RSS feed I never disabled. Oops. Good to know this information for the future though.

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself

inpheaux posted:

We know 64 bit par/rar is worthless because par and unrar are i/o bound not ram/cpu bound, but some people REALLY REALLY REALLY thought they needed it, so we included the binaries and set it so that we'd use these builds on 64bit Windows. Turns out our bit detection on certain versions of windows was hosed, so we never actually used the 64bit binaries. So here we months later and someone finally told us it was busted so we fixed it.

Even when the pars on an SSD?

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN

Goon Matchmaker posted:

Yeah it's dead. The guy running it moved it to another provider. I can't find the link for some reason though.

Thanks, I'll dig aorund and see if I can find it. For anyone curious, if you use a CentOS/RHEL server, that repo plus EPEL for the alternative Python 2.6 install that doesn't gently caress with the 2.4 install that CentOS/RHEL 5.x (and therefore yum) uses makes things a lot easier.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Corbet posted:

For those on mac using SickBeard Launcher, have you noticed a memory leak?

I was messing around in activity monitor and noticed that it was using almost a gig of memory. I went ahead and restarted and it was only using 15 MB of memory. I've been eyeing it for the past 5 minutes or so and it's up to 25 MB.

Now I know what's causing my swap file to take up 5 GB of space. I hardly ever restart my computer.

edit: up to 70MB. I'm gonna keep monitoring it but I guess I'll have to make sure I exit out of the launcher when I open SickBeard. I messaged the creator on Twitter so I'll update anything I hear.

I was having an issue with another product from this guy - boxee reemote (for ipad) and mentioned that I was using sickbeard launcher and he did warn me it is a little leaky at the moment and to restart it periodically.

I will check this when I get home as my computer has been on for about 2 weeks now.

oRenj9
Aug 3, 2004

Who loves oRenj soda?!?
College Slice
I'm looking for an newsgroup reader in the traditional sense. Does anyone still use these? I love SABnzbd and use it all the time, however, there are times that I want to browse the newgroups. I had the free trial of NewsLeecher, but the $20 price tag is a bit steep for something that should be free by now. I tried Thunderbird, but it is slow, doesn't support "right-click->highlight similar posts" nor the ability to create NZB files from highlighted threads.

Polluxx Troy posted:

Know this is a longshot, but figured I'd ask, becuase frankly I can't be the only person wanted to do this.

I'm looking for post-processing script that tags music, inserts an album image if none exists, and renames my files and folder into a specific format (in this case, a simple one: Artist\Year - Album\Track - Title.xxx).

I tried Write Album Art plug-in, but as it hasn't been updated in ages and only works with Newzbin categories (and there's no way I'm signing up there).

Well, it isn't exactly what you're looking for, but MP3Tag is a really good GUI tool for doing what you want. Granted, it doesn't support a command line interface, however, it is pretty quick to use. Unless you're trying to process dozens of albums a day, I highly doubt a small amount of manual intervention will matter.

I haven't tried this, but on the MP3Tag website, it says that you can automate the use of MP3 tag through the use of AutoIt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

oRenj9 posted:

I'm looking for an newsgroup reader in the traditional sense. Does anyone still use these? I love SABnzbd and use it all the time, however, there are times that I want to browse the newgroups. I had the free trial of NewsLeecher, but the $20 price tag is a bit steep for something that should be free by now. I tried Thunderbird, but it is slow, doesn't support "right-click->highlight similar posts" nor the ability to create NZB files from highlighted threads.
There's nothing I know of that:
1) Does what you want (binary oriented, still deals with headers, has grouping functionality)
2) Is good
3) Is free

Have you considered using Mysterbin's "browse" feature?