Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Brain Curry posted:

I use nzbhydra, which supports multiple indexers and has api limits per indexer. I believe it’s been superseded by a new tool with an *arr name, and someone will probably post that info shortly.

Motronic posted:

Prowlarr

It also pushes all the indexer settings to your other (some not all) *arrs

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

If you're using Prowlarr/Hydra, just make sure you enable the "Redirect" setting (for Prowlarr, can't remember what the Hydra equivalent is) when adding indexers. Some of them are a pain in the rear end and will disable your account if you don't so it saves a headache getting in touch with the site admin and hoping they'll re-enable it.

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
Which ones need that? I have geek and nzb su and it seems I've never enabled the redirect option and also never had issues

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Same. I'm also curious because I just did some spot checks and I don't have that enabled on any of them. Maybe that's a "used to happen, everybody's fixed it now because of Prowlarr" thing?

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Thanks again for the prowlarr suggestion! I got it all setup and everybody seems happy. What exactly happens when you hit your API limit? Does Prowlarr just ignore any requests until the next day? I assume anything missing will be detected as such the next time an automatic sync happens?

Tornhelm posted:

If you're using Prowlarr/Hydra, just make sure you enable the "Redirect" setting (for Prowlarr, can't remember what the Hydra equivalent is) when adding indexers. Some of them are a pain in the rear end and will disable your account if you don't so it saves a headache getting in touch with the site admin and hoping they'll re-enable it.

thank you!

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Motronic posted:

Same. I'm also curious because I just did some spot checks and I don't have that enabled on any of them. Maybe that's a "used to happen, everybody's fixed it now because of Prowlarr" thing?
AFAIK the big one that does this is one of the "don't mention our name in public or we'll ban you" ones.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Well poo poo, now I want to know what it is.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

You are not IN the club sorry.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

wolrah posted:

AFAIK the big one that does this is one of the "don't mention our name in public or we'll ban you" ones.

I had to laugh when I found out you weren’t supposed to talk about OMG. It’s like, you decided that a bit late guys, you’re not one of the hidden sites that implemented that from the word go (and generally stay off people’s publicly discussed lists because of that).

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Is it appropriate to ask what e book readers work with Readarr? I really like having something separate from my phone, both in terms of avoiding distraction while I'm reading and in terms of how little power e-ink readers draw

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Potato Salad posted:

Is it appropriate to ask what e book readers work with Readarr? I really like having something separate from my phone, both in terms of avoiding distraction while I'm reading and in terms of how little power e-ink readers draw

If I recall, Readarr under the hood generates/uses a calibre database, so anything that can read that would work. I have an ancient version of COPS pointing at it, though most days I usually just use a file explorer to download the files from the NAS and read it with Marvin on an iPad.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I love the fact my little Nook from years ago still works great for that kinda thing. Just connect it via USB and drag the epubs over, all I need.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

If you use calibre and a watch folder anything would work really

PitViper
May 25, 2003

Welcome and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart!
I love you!
I had not heard about the backend change on Frugal Usenet/Blocknews until today, but it suddenly explains the enormous numbers of failed grabs I've had in the last few weeks. What's a good recommendation for a block provider to supplement for the next few months? I used to keep a Tweaknews block in addition to Farm, but Frugal made my Farm block somewhat redundant.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

PitViper posted:

I had not heard about the backend change on Frugal Usenet/Blocknews until today, but it suddenly explains the enormous numbers of failed grabs I've had in the last few weeks. What's a good recommendation for a block provider to supplement for the next few months? I used to keep a Tweaknews block in addition to Farm, but Frugal made my Farm block somewhat redundant.

I'm in the same boat as you but I had bought a 500 GB block on ThunderNews on Black Friday. It uses usenet express as its backbone. I've used 6 GB this month and a total of about 20 GB since November.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Last year I retired my Plex/Usenet setup, despite having a 100TB+ (wanna say it's like 125TB) and countless hours of administration, because I liked TorrentIO/Realdebrid so much.

Just wanted to say that the kinks with the services were worked out and it's worked perfectly for months.

I know it's not for everyone and the collecting is The Point for many in this thread, have at it, but as a quick PSA especially for readers who are looking into Usenet as a thing and don't know your options, you don't HAVE to do all of this. You can just have everything in max quality that works exactly like Netflix except better.

:cheers:

Carry on

PS anyone live near Seattle and want to buy bulk storage, lol

PitViper
May 25, 2003

Welcome and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart!
I love you!

Burden posted:

I'm in the same boat as you but I had bought a 500 GB block on ThunderNews on Black Friday. It uses usenet express as its backbone. I've used 6 GB this month and a total of about 20 GB since November.

Yeah, I have around 3.3TB of Farm block that I had purchased through various sales. Then Frugal started giving me access through my annual subscription, so it almost never gets touched.

I might have to grab a block from Thundernews, and see if it helps. Otherwise I might re-up on Tweaknews if they do blocks.

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

Taima posted:

Last year I retired my Plex/Usenet setup, despite having a 100TB+ (wanna say it's like 125TB) and countless hours of administration, because I liked TorrentIO/Realdebrid so much.

Just wanted to say that the kinks with the services were worked out and it's worked perfectly for months.

I know it's not for everyone and the collecting is The Point for many in this thread, have at it, but as a quick PSA especially for readers who are looking into Usenet as a thing and don't know your options, you don't HAVE to do all of this. You can just have everything in max quality that works exactly like Netflix except better.

:cheers:

Carry on

PS anyone live near Seattle and want to buy bulk storage, lol

It sounds cool but it’s a single company and it could disappear tomorrow. Usenet has been going for a mind boggling 45 years now.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Taima posted:

You can just have everything in max quality that works exactly like Netflix except better.

Glad you found what works for you, sounds good.

In my case, storage isn't an issue as I delete shows and films once I've watched them, my config grabs the very specific audio/video types I want, and I actively dislike all streaming UIs vs the simplicity of kodi.

I would have spent hours setting it all up, yeah, but I go months without tweaking things now.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Brb headed to the woodworking thread to tell them Walmart exists…

Hoarding and tinkering are fun!

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah the RealDebrid setup is a nice option to have, and it would be fun to set up a media server with infinite storage all running on a Pi4 or something. The primary downside is that unless you have the storage to mirror everything then if they ever turn the servers off your 'library' winks out of existence. But for people who just want to quickly add something to watch once then forget about it it's a viable alternative.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Last I looked into it, RD/Streamio/TorrentIO doesn't work well with the AppleTV, and I like that hardware and interface.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Got the A380 converting to AV1 with a powershell script and handbrakecli and plotting the size savings in a chart, so far I've reduced 10tb to 2tb :cheers:

and this is mostly if not all well-compressed hevc sources per my Radarr/sonarr profile settings, and the output quality level in handbrake is a pretty-much-losless 21. av1 really is the future, and you don't need a good CPU to get there. holy moly.

the a380 draws 14 watts while compressing btw

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator
Im not sure what changed but sonarr recently started to fail every import from sabnzbd with a "permissions denied" error. This is just a regular windows account and sabnzbd is dumping the files to the user download folder. Pretty stumped as I cant find a thread with a fix, just the good old "nevermind I fixed it" forum threads. Anyone see this before?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

is there a way I can tell plex/sonarr/radarr to delete anything that has been marked for longer than x amount of days?

currently the only way i can find to do this is to edit each shows advanced settings within plex. I was hoping to blanket update everything in Plex to do this.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

neosloth posted:

Im not sure what changed but sonarr recently started to fail every import from sabnzbd with a "permissions denied" error. This is just a regular windows account and sabnzbd is dumping the files to the user download folder. Pretty stumped as I cant find a thread with a fix, just the good old "nevermind I fixed it" forum threads. Anyone see this before?

I had that earlier this month but it was because I rebuilt my freebsd system and the root folder for tv/movies had some old group permissions on them from sickbeard/couchpotato days that didn't get tidied up.

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Laserface posted:

is there a way I can tell plex/sonarr/radarr to delete anything that has been marked for longer than x amount of days?

currently the only way i can find to do this is to edit each shows advanced settings within plex. I was hoping to blanket update everything in Plex to do this.

AFAIK there’s no blanket option for any app. It’s per show. Sonarr’s closest option like this is “latest season only” or whatever it’s called.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Laserface posted:

What do you mean "marked"? Marked as watched? Pretty sure you can set up Maintainarr to do that.

derk
Sep 24, 2004

Motronic posted:

What do you mean "marked"? Marked as watched? Pretty sure you can set up Maintainarr to do that.

pretty much exactly what it's job is this. this is the way

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator

neosloth posted:

norp posted:

I had that earlier this month but it was because I rebuilt my freebsd system and the root folder for tv/movies had some old group permissions on them from sickbeard/couchpotato days that didn't get tidied up.

The issue was in fact unix permissions just like everyone online would suggest, but the sonarr logs showed the wrong file in the logs. It said permission denied on the source directory, which was fine. But it was the destination that had perm issues

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Is there any way to either configuring the download client (nzbget) or the *arrs to spread out requests to download? Occasionally I find a couple shows I want to download and they’ve each got 100s of episodes. That makes the indexers mad.

I honestly don’t care if the queue is spread across many hours since I can’t watch it that fast.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Unless I'm misunderstanding something you have a number of requests per day. It doesn't matter how quickly you use them. This can be controlled for multiple *arrs by setting the max per day value in Prowlarr.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

I think they're asking to be able to round robin through multiple shows. Like if they want to watch 5 shows that have 100 episodes each and their indexer only allows 100 requests per day they'd rather fetch the first 20 of each show instead of 100 from the first show and 0 from the others.

Unfortunately I don't think you can do that automatically. In sonarr I often mark episodes or seasons individually instead of having it download the whole thing

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Maybe set them to low priority? I'm away from home, but I'm pretty sure you can create a group with priority set.

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

Hmm okay. I’ll play with the api limits stuff and priorities. I can’t remember if I did anything with those.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

neosloth posted:

The issue was in fact unix permissions just like everyone online would suggest, but the sonarr logs showed the wrong file in the logs. It said permission denied on the source directory, which was fine. But it was the destination that had perm issues

In Linuxspeak it probably meant that the source was denied permission to write to the destination. That bit me 3 or 4 times before I figured out that's what it was doing.

rufius posted:

Hmm okay. I’ll play with the api limits stuff and priorities. I can’t remember if I did anything with those.

Configuring each indexer with its API limit should keep you from getting blocked from going over, but yeah I'd probably just manually select a group of episodes from each show every once in a while, not aware of a way to skip around different shows like that automatically.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I just got an alert on my iPhone that the password I used on nzbgeek.info has appeared in a data leak. I don’t know if this means specifically that nzbgeek had a leak or just that this particular password (unique to my accounts, but not particularly long so undoubtedly someone out there had it for something) has turned up in a list, but just a heads up in case it’s the former.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I have some custom profile scores setup in Sonarr, but why are the scores being taken into account on a release when the series doesn't have the requisite tag set in the options?

edit: I also have another series where a release is at +20, but there are some at the top of the list getting auto grabbed that don't have any modifier to their score. I feel like this has worked correctly in the past. The ones on top are marked as Repacks, so maybe they're taking precedence?

Hmm I don't have any Release Profiles set, maybe I used to but they got wiped and I didn't make them again. Are those required to make the custom profiles work?

KingKapalone fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Apr 15, 2024

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

I just got an alert on my iPhone that the password I used on nzbgeek.info has appeared in a data leak. I don’t know if this means specifically that nzbgeek had a leak or just that this particular password (unique to my accounts, but not particularly long so undoubtedly someone out there had it for something) has turned up in a list, but just a heads up in case it’s the former.

It’s the later. That password showed up on a list of leaked passwords somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rufius
Feb 27, 2011

So I know nzbget as a project lost its primary author a couple years back. The GitHub project on the main page is archived.

I occasionally get updates for it on my TrueNAS Scale install, but I’m guessing those are just container updates to the underlying container OS and not nzbget updates.

My install has been working fine but curious if anyone knows a reason I should really move to sabnzbd. I’ve had bad experiences with sab in the past so I’ve avoided messing with it for now.