Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice
I left Astraweb a long time ago, always had a lot of problems with incomplete stuff. I switched to Supernews and it's been smooth sailing ever since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice
Just set up a Plex Server and add them all as friends and let them stream directly from you.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice
Hydra sometimes takes a long time to do a search, wouldn't be surprised if it went past sonar's timeout window and got blacklisted. It happens toe pretty regularly.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice
I signed up recently for Newsgroup Ninja, but am having problems with SAB connecting. I get a no route to host error when trying Newsgroup Ninja's host. A traceroute revealed the destination IP, and when I tried that, I got a list of acceptable domains when SAB threw a SSL certificate error. On a whim I tried us.newsdemon.com and not only did the test in SAB work, my credentials for Newsgroup Ninja worked for the newsdemon host. Neat.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice
I've been rocking Newsgroup Ninja for a couple years now and usually pull 95-110MB/s if you're looking at other providers.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice
Ninja also appears to have a 7 day free trial.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice
Dang, the deal is already gone :(

Edit I guess that makes sense as it's way over 7 hours, welp.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice

Sirotan posted:

Is this something you bought or built? I am looking to do the same thing and am so far removed from the DIY computer build days that I don't even know what to start. I've already got the NAS, now I just need some new compute.

I recently picked up a Beelink with an n5105 for this and it works well. Transcoding can be a bit rough for audio. I do have a small regret around not picking up a mini PC with a bit beefier of a CPU/AV1 support but it hasn't been an issue for me so far. Running Gentoo on it as a fun little project.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice

Nitr0 posted:

Soulseek

Is soulseek still around?

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice
Cat has been pretty bad for a while according to my ARR's so it's no big loss to me. Geek and Drunken Slug are very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

College Slice

norp posted:

I plan to rebuild my current server as Linux next time I do a mb/CPU/ram upgrade since maintaining jails is far more of a chore than the docker images.

The only reason it's still on freebsd is that up until recently* freebsd was a much better option for using ZFS

* recently is relative term - last reinstall of this machine was at least a decade ago. It is definitely time to retire the Core2 quad...

It still is. As I recall Linux has ARC issues with the way it does memory allocation.

Just buy an n100 mini PC for your docker/Linux/arrs.