Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogflaps
Apr 17, 2008
Hi guys, I'm hopping aboard the usenet train and so far I'm having a pleasant (if very confusing) journey.

While the OP was very helpful, I have a question that I'm unsure of. There is an NZB which is listed as 98.6 completed, presumably meaning it is missing some files. However, there are 'PAR' and 'PAR2' files included, which upon research, suggest that these somehow re-create the missing files.

My question is, am I safe to download the NZB file, and will the PAR files be able to repair/restore it? Or am I going to be wasting a large amount of time?

I have had one 60gb file fail to unpack, with error messages such as '2 blocks short' etc. I downloaded QuickPAR, and just clicked here and there on various PAR files without any real clue what I was doing but I couldn't get it to unpack. I was always numerous 'blocks short'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogflaps
Apr 17, 2008
Because I want it? Is there a reason I shouldn't be downloading 60gb files?