Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Is there a guide handy for how to move files from my completed downloads folder to my media folder? I'm using Sick Beard and SABnzbd. I've tried playing around with the postprocessing scripts that come with SB but it doesn't seem to be working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
It works! Awesome. Thanks.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Read the OP

Ragingsheep fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Aug 16, 2011

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Any special block offers running atm? I just changed my ISP which offered free premium Usenet. Otherwise I'm just going to get the 200gb from Blocknews.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Isn't mp4 the new defacto standard?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

kri kri posted:

Can someone explain how to run sickbeard as source in windows? Python is already installed I just don't know what to do with cheetah.
This is how I did it:

Install Python 2.7.
Download and unzip Cheetah somewhere, navigate to the folder in the command prompt and type "setup install" and let it do it's stuff. (I'm stuck a little bit here where it says that it couldn't complie the C binaries. The thing still works as pure Python but apparently it's slower than if the C binaries complied).
Install Git.
Install TortiseGit.
Create a folder for where you want Sickbeard to be installed, right click on the folder and select 'Git Clone' and then paste this in the link: "https://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard.git" and click ok.
Then select the folder with the green tick and click 'Git sync'.
When sync is done, Sick-beard is installed.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
what do the logs say?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
I recently upgraded to SickBeard running from source. I'm using the sabToSickBeard.py script which works fine in moving and renaming but I've noticed that a copy of the downloaded files remain in my completed folder which I'm sure it didn't happen when I was running the complied version. Did I forget to tick an option somewhere that'll automatically delete the unwanted files?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

FISHMANPET posted:

There's an option something like keep files after post processing, you want to keep that unchecked.

Can't believe that I missed that.

Thanks.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

diremonk posted:

Quick question about running Sickbeard from source. How do I have it run on start up? I usually make a shortcut from Windows binary, but I'm not sure what I need to do when running from source. It's running on a WinXp system if that makes any difference.
On Win7, I just make a shortcut with the target being "c:\blah\pythonw c:\moreblah\sickbeard.py" and stick that in the startup folder.

XP is probably easier since there's no UAC admin stuff to deal with.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Might be a silly question but are the nzbs submitted by people or are they automatically scraped and if it's automatically scraped, how come other sites like nzb.su are missing stuff that nzbs.org has if they're built off the same source?

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

skyydude posted:

Woah, how is nzbs.org gone? I can still access it...is it a US-only thing?

Closes on the 19th of April.

Anyone having speed issues with Blocknews atm?

Ragingsheep fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Apr 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

BlackRider posted:

3) Determine how much you think you will download in a month. If it's more than something like 92GB then get an unlimited plan. Otherwise, go with blocknews and get the 200GB block for ~$20
Astraweb's 1000GB for $50 pushes that out to be more that 200GB a month.