Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJ Burette
Jan 6, 2010
I've got a problem with NZBGet at the moment. I can connect to it from the computer it's running on just fine but from any other computer on my network I get a connection time out. I've checked and it's bound to 0.0.0.0 so it should be reachable from what I've understood but it's not showing up. I can happily reach sonarr, CP, etc on that computer so I don't think it's a firewall issue. Any suggestions for what might be causing it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Burette
Jan 6, 2010

wolrah posted:

Just because other programs work doesn't mean the firewall's still not to blame. Sometimes they just don't properly detect a new program asking to listen and so they don't prompt you and thus don't end up making the rule to allow it through. Check it anyways.

Well, I'm an idiot for thinking that it would just be set up fine. For some reason in my firewall rules it was specifically listed as blocked. Changed it and it's all sorted. Thanks for making me check!

DJ Burette
Jan 6, 2010

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

Anyone ever experienced problems with nzbget on windows 10?

I used nzbget years ago on a macbook, but for some reason I didn't like it on windows. Recently I reformatted my PC and was in the middle of installing everything again and I decided to give nzbget a go.

When downloading, CPU % spikes from 8 to 16. During those spikes my computer seems to pause for a moment and the cursor freezes for a split second. In the task manager disk usage also looks like this

Also (and the reason I specified windows 10), antimalware service executable constantly uses 7% cpu as nzbget is downloading.

What the hell is going on? Haven't changed any settings for nzbget on install except directory scan (disabled). Everything is on a 500gb samsung evo ssd, but the download directory is a 1gb hdd.

I've never had a problem with sabnzbd and its bugging the gently caress out of me because according to everyone nzbget is supposed to be most responsive and lighter on resources

e: no wait I don't think nzbget is installed as service

I had this, I can't remember exactly how I solved it but I think a stopgap way to solve it was to put the power settings to high performance temporarily. I have a feeling that the cause was something to do with power management of the hard drive and fiddling with the settings made it go away. I can't remember exactly which settings were needed though, sorry.

DJ Burette
Jan 6, 2010
It's useful for when I want movies that haven't yet come out. When you see an advert or trailer you can add it to radarr and you can just forget about it until one day you get a notification and it's automatically downloaded. I always go through at awards season and add a bunch of movies that look interesting from the nominations but I wouldn't necessarily remember to check up on them in the future otherwise.

On a separate note I had been working on basically writing this exact program but as a python port in my spare time so I guess I'll find something different to do :v:

DJ Burette
Jan 6, 2010
I'm running it alongside couchpotato at the moment just to so I make sure I keep up with the updates on it. It's way too early to be the main piece of software in use at the moment as it has a number of functionality breaking bugs such as it's interaction with nzbget's remove duplicate download function at which it gets stuck in an infinite loop.

It looks pretty promising though at the moment.

DJ Burette
Jan 6, 2010
You can change it in the settings, you won't see the option unless you turn "show advanced settings" on though.

DJ Burette
Jan 6, 2010
On that note, what are peoples go to indexers at the moment? I mainly use nzb.su and had been using usenet-crawler until they recently vanished, so I'm interested in picking up another one as a backup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Burette
Jan 6, 2010
I use this for my landing page, https://github.com/ITRav4/PlexRedirect . Links to everything I need and is pretty simple. I added buttons to sonarr and radarr myself, which didn't take much work.