Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ganstarr
Sep 5, 2012

meh, this is easy

ambushsabre posted:

So I've decided to write the command-line searching tool (working name "manhunt"). I'll be sure to keep you guys updated, I should have a working version in at most a couple days. Right now I'm focusing on newznab indexers, so that covers nzbs.org and goonzb (if that's even still a thing).

This sounds awesome, if it is possible to include a "send to sab" function in it that would put it over the top.

On a different note, you all know how you hate having to remotely upload nzbs to your sabnzbd (when its not hosted on your computer)?

For the last couple of months I've been using a nifty program that I got off a friendly soul online that enables you to enter your sabnzbd adress/etc and it will upload nzbs to it. It's just a program that makes my day using usenet slightly easier. Just set your nzbs to be opened with the program once you've entered the settings. Hassle free.

http://www1.datafilehost.com/d/ede4bf24 <- Download link.
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/87e823d3264e280c81e522d4477c6e9936d5ee93b6188c5bd619538373ad037a/analysis/1374529016/ <- Virustotal scan 0/47

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ganstarr
Sep 5, 2012

meh, this is easy

FISHMANPET posted:

Where are you downloading NZBs from that one of the browser based SabNZB extensions doesn't work? Those put a button right on the webpage to click that will send it to SABNZB, no need for the nzb file to ever even touch my computer.

Sure it has really gotten better, true that. I just noticed that it had gotten support for omgwtfnzbs.
Most recently I used it for my locally hosted NZBmegasearcH.

What sabnzb extension is the best nowadays for chrome? Using Sabconnect++

ganstarr
Sep 5, 2012

meh, this is easy

FISHMANPET posted:

That's the one I'm using too. I'd never heard of NZGmegasearcH, so I looked it up, and found this screenshot, which makes it look like sabconnect++ should work with it:

Maybe put your NZBmegasearcH URL into the list of custom providers in the Sabconnect++ settings?

Yeah, I looked it up too, and it appears that it has sabnzbd integration, just needed the API key. Looks like I missed it.

So yeah, I just promoted a fairly unnecessary program. Well, I'll leave the links up, someone somewhere might still have a use for it.