Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

ambushsabre posted:

Wow, a single website keeping two dying technologies afloat? (yes I know usenet isn't dying shutup)

hahaha holy gently caress, are they serious?

onPaste="return false;"

Yes, you can't paste in your password, so pick something simple that's easy to type, instead of something secure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Read posted:

People paste in their passwords? :wtc:

Do you keep a text file with all your passwords to copy from or?

sort-of. It's one encrypted text file with all my passwords, with a program I wrote to add new sites to it. I work on linux/mac/windows and copy-paste is the one thing they all can do.

It's not that I want to use super-strong passwords on any given site, it's that I'd have to go out of my way to make up one just to get around their no-paste idiocy. (Which I did, after finding that there's no good way to change onPaste actions via greasemonkey)

Edit: I get free metadata (post subjects, etc) from my usenet provider, what's out there that I could use to make my own .nzb searcher? Nevermind, I should have thought about it for 30 seconds, that's what newznab is for.

Harik fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Sep 1, 2012

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop
I'm having an annoying problem with sickbeard's XBMC integration. SB gets the show, drops it in the right folder, fetches the metadata, and says it's sent an update notification to XBMC. In XBMC, the show isn't updated and I have to rescan the folder to get it.

It's able to send the test popup message to XBMC and it shows up, but I'm really stumped here.

I thought it had something to do with having two XBMC profiles - Kids and Parents,
with a KidsTV/KidsMovies and TV/Movies folder - but even shows that are in the kid's folder don't get updated.

SickBeard is running on my NAS, and the HTPC is connecting via CIFS (basically no shows on it's local drive).

Edit: Nobody cares what I watch.

Harik fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Sep 21, 2012

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

EC posted:

Config > Notifications > XBMC. Select the "full update if per-show update fails" option. Sometimes shows simply refuse to update for me unless the full update is run.

Didn't fix it, since the per-show doesn't "fail" according to XBMC. It just never finds the new files.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Thermopyle posted:

Do you have the location the files are stored in as sources in XBMC?

yes, sickbeard drops downloads in the /TV directory, and XBMC looks there. I'll try some suggestions, but constantly re-scanning 4tb of media is a non-starter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

Plaster Town Cop

Red Robin Hood posted:

Using SABnzbd, I finished downloading a ~6gb download and it was checking for errors/etc. and had to download a few more. After that it did another check and then starts on repairs. Towards the end of repairing ~90% or so my computer completely turns off.

Any ideas?

Check the system building megathread, that sounds like you have a dying PSU. Doing PAR repair cranks up the load because its not frame limited like games are.