Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I've been experiencing more than 10% missing articles using Astraweb the past week, hope this doesn't continue or else I'll eat into my blocknews purchased bandwidth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Incessant Excess posted:

If I were to get a NAS as a fileserver and to run my usenet software (sabnzbd, sonarr, radarr) on, is Synology the brand to go with? From my understanding their software offering has the most support and is easiest to use (i dont know linux).

It depends on which model of Synology you're getting, some of the older ones are painfully slow to the point of not being able to maximize an internet connection throughput and unrar taking longer than the download time. And good luck with running Plex if you plan on it.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Incessant Excess posted:

Thanks for the heads up. Do you think something like the 416j would be enough to handle business?

https://www.amazon.com/Synology-Station-Diskless-Attached-DS416j/dp/B019ZUR5WQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1502220679&sr=8-1

You may want to ask the folks at the NAS thread about this but a quick look on that model doesn't look good, the CPU seems very weak for unrar.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

There just aren't enough scene guys out there with wives or girlfriends, it's a shame.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Astraweb finally sent me an email about how to re-register using my credit card, now I'm paying less than I was with PayPal!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I'm using Radarr and Sonarr with Astraweb, no issues here (so far).

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I have gigabit and the only time I've ever maxed it out is running a synthetic benchmark.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I use Astraweb at $8/mo with Blocknews as a backup for missing parts.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Grabs Total: 20085

It's a very sad day.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Back in May, I had to reissue my credit card due to fraud, and Astraweb sent me an email that the old card didn't work but no worries - just sign up again for $3.99 a mo! It's not as good as a price as sedative's offer but it's unlimited.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I also got Ombi so I don't have to browse through Radarr/Sonarr/Lidarr. It's all in one place.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Enos Cabell posted:

Yeah Lidarr kinda sucks through no fault of its own, just due to the nature of music on usenet being such a poo poo show. You'll be able to get new releases as they drop, but building a collection even with pretty mainstream artists is drat near impossible.

I've done pretty well with Lidarr. Maybe it's cause of the indexer I use?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

c355n4 posted:

Is Blocknews still the suggested provider for block plans?

Blocknews works great for me. I bought 200 gigs in 2017, and still have 142 gigs left. Astraweb is my main. I typically download 1.5TB/mo.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Voyager doesn't have a HD release yet, probably never will.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Synchronous gigabit upload owns. Sorry about your hilariously lopsided speeds.

I'd like my next array to be SSD but it seems like a bad idea since all the drives will fail at about exactly the same time, unless if you purposefully wear down a sacrificial one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I just do docker update pulls.