Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

Sensitive Thugs Need Hugs

okay, so I've got all of this set up using supernews as my provider, NZB.SU as my indexer, and sabnzbd/sickbeard as my reader. If I'm unable to find all of the content requested by my reader, how would I be able to fix that? Do I need to add another USENET provider or NZB indexer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

The Gunslinger posted:

If you're having issues finding something then you probably need another NZB indexer. If you're having problems downloading or extracting then it's probably related to your Usenet provider, a DMCA claim or the age of the articles (files).

yeah, more often than not sabnzbd says the NZB file is unusable or empty. I'm not sure if that qualifies as having issues finding something, or having problems downloading :v:

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

MeKeV posted:

It's been available for ages, you add it as a custom newsnab account.

yeah, it took a little googling to figure that out. I guess you do the same thing with couch potato, but I haven't really been able to get that running the way I want to, and judging from this thread I'm not alone in that.

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

EC posted:

You originally said that all three episodes showed up as Missed, which means Sickbeard couldn't find them on any of your configured providers. It could be a couple of things:

- Your provider settings are incorrect. Try having Sickbeard search for a show you know is on one of your providers.
- Your quality settings are configured in such a way that Sickbeard can't find anything. If you've configured SB to only look for BluRay rips of currently airing episodes, you're not gonna find it.
- Your providers suck. If you're using NZB.su or NZBMatrix, this probably isn't the case.
- The shows suck. Do a manual search of your providers and see if the episodes you're looking for are actually available yet. There are some shows that the internet decides isn't worth the time to rip and then upload.

About Sickbeard updates: the windows builds do seem to get updated less than the others. It's pretty easy to configure git and pull it that way, but there hasn't been any updates to the main branch since the dev went on vacation. He's back, so there should be some updates coming down the pipeline.

I think it was just a matter of retention. Everything is configured right (been able to get some episodes of popular shows, but no episodes of other even more popular shows). I signed up for a block plan to use as a backup server, and then switched all of my snatch episodes to wanted and was able to get a whole bunch more. Maybe I'll sign up for NZBMatrix, to round out everything. The money I spend here pales in comparison to my monthly Comcast bill

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

if it hasn't also been mentioned, newsbin2 is also down permanently.

Edit: nevermind, that was about a week ago and I'm just slow.

uh zip zoom fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Dec 10, 2012