Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tantalus
Feb 11, 2004

If you won't be using the netbook for anything else, then I would suggest OpenELEC. It has a SAB/Sickbeard addon that would make everything dead simple. http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=Openelec_sabnzbd_addon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tantalus
Feb 11, 2004

MarshallX posted:

No Newzbin English filter in CP = hello 20 movies that just downloaded in German/French/Russian.

drat it.

Under General/Search you can set "ignore words". Enter in all those languages and it will filter out most of them.

Tantalus
Feb 11, 2004

Anyone using Frugalusenet? Most of my content is well within the 300 day retention. Anything outside of their retention would be picked up by a block account. Is there any reason not to drop Supernews and switch?

Tantalus
Feb 11, 2004

PitViper posted:

I just switched to Frugal Usenet during their $40 sale, backed up with a block news block account. Hasn't been any different from my News hosting/Block news combo, other than I've hit my block account for a couple big downloads that were out of my primary retention. Even if I burn through my 200gb block account twice, I'm still saving a ton, and 90% of my usage is within 300 days regardless.

Thanks. That's just what I wanted to hear.

Tantalus
Feb 11, 2004

Check under Config > General > SABnzbd Host and make sure it's set to 0.0.0.0 and not localhost.

Tantalus
Feb 11, 2004

Stealthgerbil posted:

I set up an indexer, anyone interested in testing it? I am not sure if its good or even works.

I'm game.

Tantalus
Feb 11, 2004

I have it added to sonarr. I'll let you know how it goes.

Tantalus
Feb 11, 2004

Anyone know of a decent guide for installing nzbget/sonarr...etc in containers? Specifically Proxmox with Ubuntu 14.04. I'm not much of a Linux guy and I'm struggling getting these working with the instructions for a full OS. I'm hoping someone has a write up that will point out what I'm missing.

Tantalus
Feb 11, 2004

Horn posted:

What are you using for docker images? I have emby, sonarr, couchpotato, nzbget, and deluge containers from these guys and it's all been pretty simple to setup.

My setup is bit convoluted right now though. I'm running VMWare ESX and my docker host is just a linux vm. My file server is another VM so for I have a samba share mounted on the docker container that points to the file server for emby, sonnar, and cp to do their thing.

I'm looking at moving over to unraid since I don't really need vmware but I don't really want to reconfigure things :effort:

I'm not using Docker. I'm using containers within Proxmox (LXC?) I'm looking to have a similar setup to yours. Containers for the apps and a full blown vm for the files.

Maybe I'll start looking for solution that supports Docker. I hadn't realized unraid had made so many improvements. I don't really need nas functionality though.

Tantalus
Feb 11, 2004

It ended up being user error. I now have nzbget/sonarr/cp/plex all running from containers in Proxmox. I still need to get them all configured and see whether they still play nice with each other, but for now, I'm back on track.

Tantalus
Feb 11, 2004

Beobeobeo posted:

What can people personally recommend for an indexer? I've been using nzbcat at the suggestion of a friend of mine but it hasn't been reliable as of late.

It takes some work to get an invite, but pfmonkey has been great. I added it to Sonarr and it filled in all my missing shows overnight.

Tantalus
Feb 11, 2004

My dogzb subscription just ran out and I can confirm that watchlists are not a standard feature and will require VIP. Like others have said, you're better off setting up CP and Sonarr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tantalus
Feb 11, 2004

KingKapalone posted:

Should I be looking into getting in on another indexer in addition to my NZBS.org access? It doesn't seem like stuff gets posted on there very fast or at all recently. I know a friend found something on Dog when I couldn't on NZBS.

I've started collecting indexers like they're Pokemon. I only have vip on a few, but the others are there in case I'm having trouble finding something. I really need to setup nzbhydra.