Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tronester
Aug 12, 2004
People hear what they want to hear.
I've recently been having problems downloading files above around five gigabytes in size. I get an error message in sabnzbd stating that the transfer failed. Oddly, I downloaded 4 4.5 gigabyte files with no issues this week.

This just started happening all of a sudden. My first thoughts were that this was perhaps bad ram corrupting the files, as I have had that happen before. However, the 4.5 gigabyte files had no issues.

I am using supernews w ssl. Any suggestions on what might be causing this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tronester
Aug 12, 2004
I have an issue where files larger than around 25 gigabytes or so pretty much always fail.

I have been able to download some, but typically they fail. Which is really frustrating as it uses up a lot of my monthly data cap.

I don't seem to have this problem at all with files in the 10-15 gigabyte range or smaller. I am using supernews as my primary, and thecubenet block account as a backup.

All of the files are easily within the server's retention. The error message is typically "Some files failed to verify against "*************.sfv""

Perhaps there is a setting I need to change?

tronester
Aug 12, 2004

Meta Ridley posted:

Dognzb looks very nice, and the push feature almost makes sickbeard redundant (though sickbeard is more robust so I will keep using it).

How long has it been around though? Would hate to pay $10 for VIP and see it go poof overnight.

The possibilities I can think of?
-Problem with unstable hardware (CPU/memory) during the checksum verification or storage of the file on the hard drive itself
-Problem with the upload, though everyone would experience it
-Corruption during the download caused by some network issues. But the PAR2 files would have no problem repairing minor corruption if that occurred.
-Files are missing blocks on both providers (Giganews and Highwinds in this case). Not as unlikely as you might think if they both received DMCA takedowns. If this is the problem, a different provider instead of Highwinds might be your best bet for a backup (Blocknews would be best, followed by an Astraweb block).

Does it say how many blocks short it is to be able to repair it?

Unfortunately it does not say how many blocks short the large files are. i have some small 1-2 gig downloads that failed and had around 7-8 blocks short each, but I think that was due to them being pretty old, like over 600 days or so.

tronester
Aug 12, 2004
I am getting a ton of new releases failing, generally the error message being "Repair failed, not enough repair blocks (x short)", though I am also getting "Download failed - Out of your server's retention?" and "Invalid par2 files, cannot verify or repair"

At first I thought it was because of DMCA takedowns, but I have both a thecubenet.com block account for backup and supernews.com as my main provider. I can tell that the backup block account is being used, because it shows bandwidth being used from it every day.

Any suggestions? Could this perhaps be a hardware problem?

tronester
Aug 12, 2004

torjus posted:

Try downloading without any sort of postprocessing and extract it manually.

Yep, this worked. I used quickpar to check it out, then extracted the iso which was around 45gig with no issues.

Are there some options I can set in sabnzbd to fix this issue?

tronester
Aug 12, 2004
I'm trying to download a file that is around 60 days old. There are around 10 different versions of it of varying quality, unfortunately all are 'out of servers retention', in other words probably had a DMCA takedown notice to every single one.

I have both supernews unlimited as my main provider, and a thecubenet.com as a secondary block account. The files are out of retention on both servers.

Any suggestions on an additional block provider that might have the file I am looking for (I know its vague, but I don't want to break any rules).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tronester
Aug 12, 2004

tattoli posted:

I was actually getting this error a lot due to hitting the 254 character file path limit in Windows, try this (which apparently messes up couchpotato/sickbeard's ability to find your downloads) or shortening the length of the file paths before buying a block plan.

I tried this with no luck, set it to 64.

I also tried getting a blocknews account. Same issue, I guess they somehow dmcaed all 10 versions on blocknews as well.

Any other suggestions to try?