Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Is there anyway to manage sab, sickbeard and couchpotato on a different computer on my network? I want to run it on my htpc downstairs and download to the external harddrive that is connected to it, but manage it on my computer upstairs. Is this possible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Awesome. Thank you so much.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

While we're on the topic of mobile apps is there anything to control sickbeard and couchpotato on iOS devices? I know the is a cp app for jail broken iPhones but anything on the normal app store?

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

To use block accounts effectively do you simply tick the Backup Server check box when entering it into SAB?

What does the Optional check box do?

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Binsearch is fine, just a bit of a faff. Compared to NZB.su though everything sort of sucks and I'm irritated with myself for getting purged.

Likewise. I've had no problem finding new releases, but trawling binsearch for anything older than a few weeks is irritating, especially considering how easy it used to be with Matrix. I am still suffering from a lot of incompletes on older stuff with my Supernews/Blocknews set up. Is there another block account provider that comes recommended to plug any holes and avoid DMCA takedowns or is picking up older stuff just kind of hosed now?

Looking forward to goonzb whenever it pops up.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Yeah maybe just a separate invite thread would be best as actual discussion has dwindled in place of invite offerings.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

This might not be the proper place to ask, but is there a program for Windows that is comparable to iVi converter for OSX. I'm particularly interested to find something that will watch a folder, convert the video file to MP4, add metadata and then send the file to iTunes to be sorted. If not one program then a couple that will do this with the minimum of input from me?

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

I also have two invites so if in the unlikely event that someone doesn't have an account PM your email address. No duck pictures though, I don't roll that way man.

Gone.

And thanks for that.

Raffles fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Feb 23, 2013

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

The Gunslinger posted:

I did this in 2 minutes after dinner so it looks like poo poo but gets the job done:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjXFSJs-w8-qdGM5SDZYUE5URXBxMTRIdmoyci1TVWc&usp=sharing

I figure if its thrown in the OP and people remember to take a look once in awhile when they get new invites it will serve the same purpose without the thread clutter.

Good work. Everyone get to using this and the thread will be better for it.

For the life of me I cannot remember the name but what was the program, similar to headphones and lazylibrarian but for comic books? Is it still supported/developed for?

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Any updates on the goonzb project?

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Anyone else using iVi converter on OSX having trouble with it pulling down metadata? Not obscure stuff either, but shows that it really should be coping with.

Between these issues and problems with my dl speeds (bit sure if its Supernews or my ISP) I'm about ready to just give my money to Netflix instead.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

On a related topic is there a simple way to get sickbeard to launch in startup on OSX?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Maybe not the perfect thread for this, buts does anyone have a good converter for Windows that will also metatag as well?

I have been using iVi converter on my Mac, which is great as it will watch my download folder and convert and tag everything and then send it to iTunes so I can watch it on my Apple TV or pop it on my iPad.

Is there any similar software available for Windows?