Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Is it just me, or are sound synch errors endemic since x264 became popular for a lot of things ?

This happens to me pretty regularly on x264 content but most of the time if I restart it, the audio syncs correctly. This is using PS3 Media Server streaming to my PS3, so ymmv.

Just got a 100Mbit Charter internet connection and fired up Supernews. As a test I downloaded something that was about 2GB and it took...less than five minutes, I think? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!

Vykk.Draygo posted:

2:40 is the theoretical minimum time. How much is that costing you?

It's a 100/6 connection and speed tests show that I'm getting every bit of that (and sometimes even more), for $75 a month. Pretty much the best deal possible in my area; I think Comcast charges double what I'm paying for similar service that isn't even as fast.

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!
Sickbeard doesn't seem to be moving TV episodes automatically into the folders I've designated...it created the folder structure but then didn't actually put the stuff into it; instead it just went into the default Sabnzbd download folder. Ever weirder, though, if I select that folder and run manual post-processing, THEN it puts stuff where it's supposed to go. Am I missing something simple here?

(I have to have them in a particular folder because Plex is monitoring that folder, which is separate from other content, yada yada)

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!

EC posted:

Is SAB setup to run SickbeardtoSAB.exe when a download completes? That's what triggers Sickbeard to rename and move stuff.

Uh. Hmm, apparently not. Is that already included with the software? :raise:

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!

EC posted:

It's in the AutoProcessTV folder in Sickbeard. I usually copy that folder to wherever SAB is installed. Then set that folder as the scripts dir in SAB, and select SABtoSickbeard.exe as the script to run for the tv category.

OK, got that set up now. I'll just have to watch it to see if it actually works.

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!
Had to rename the default config file, derp. Seems to be working, now! These two programs really are fantastic. Soon as I have some extra cash I'm gonna make donations.

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!
Not sure how specific I can get about this due to the rules, but here goes...

I'm having a problem with Sickbeard fetching certain shows. I'm all up to date and everything; the issue is, when I go and actually look by hand on the NZB site, the shows I told Sickbeard to fetch are there. For some reason, Sickbeard isn't finding them.

This one time, though, something bizarre happened. I had a backlog going on something and I searched for it manually in a separate tab in Chrome. I didn't actually download an NZB, though. Suddenly, Sickbeard came to life and found it even though it had not been able to before.

This has been the case with several different shows and I can't really find a specific pattern. Any suggestions?

Edit: Should probably mention that my NZB provider is NZBMatrix.

Powdered Toast Man fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Nov 6, 2012

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!

monkeybounce posted:

Most of the time, in my experiences, this occurs for one of two reasons.

1. The TVDB can be real pricks about ordering. Sometimes TVDB says a show is S08E01 when it's really S07E22 or vice versa. In these cases, since SB uses TVDB to know what show to look for, it cannot find it if TVDB tells it to look for S08E22 and the scene labelled it S08E01.
2. Less common, but still happens, is weirdness in naming of the release. I don't know how common it is now, but for a while SB didn't know that SHOW 2x22 meant S02E22. I think they've got a regex for that now, but there could be other non-standard cases that cause that issue.

I peeked at the log and I can see some of the stuff you described happening. I think another possible issue is that it can't determine the quality of some of the files and so it...ignores them. EVEN THOUGH THEY'RE JUST FINE.

I understand that this is incredibly complex and difficult to program, but the whole point of the software is to "set it and forget it," and instead it seems like I have to manage it a lot. Oh, well. It works about 75% of the time, at least. :v:

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!

timmmmaaaah posted:

I was running into this problem with NZBMatrix. Basically what I gleaned from googling was that SB does not use the NZBMatrix API it instead uses the RSS feed. This feed is a list of all the latest? (not sure on that, perhaps all) releases. However this feed is obviously not the entire site so it doesn't have everything on it. I don't know the specifics of how it chooses what is on this list. It is also alphabetized, so shows starting with a/b/c etc are more likely to get hits than others.

tl;dr nzb.su works far better with SB than NZBMatrix does.

Of course that is just based of random forum posts so it could be completely wrong because I know poo poo all about any of this other than what I read.

I noticed that in the log, and was somewhat puzzled, especially since it ASKS FOR THE loving API KEY. Imma check out a couple of other providers.

Regarding missing blocks/failed repairs, I haven't had that much of an issue with it except for some things that have quite a bit of age on them.

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!

Ixian posted:

Can't tell if you are being sarcastic or not, but you might have. Not that I am blaming you - SABNZBD is fantastic, thanks - but the less-experienced/new user could easily be lead to believe those were, at the least, the two "best" options available, if not the only ones, based on that.

Whatever the case it's all said and done now, and will blow over soon. The days of high-profile indexers are over, just like it was with torrent sites - surprised they lasted this long, really.

I can confirm that this is exactly what I did when I got into Usenet and installed sabnzbd.

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!
OK, I feel like an idiot but this is the first time I've done things this way:

Sickbeard on one computer, SABNZBD+ on another computer. Sickbeard is on a Windows 7 box, SABNZBD+ is on a Linux box. I see some...hints, sort of...on what I need to do, but I'm not entirely sure. Do I need to put the post-processing scripts on my Linux box and set that up with a category on SABNZBD+ (with the config for the script pointing to the Windows box, of course), then set that category on Sickbeard as well? I'm sort of confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!

Nask26 posted:

In Sab settings you need to configure where the script is under folders and then set the TV category or whatever category you want to post process that script under categories and then under Nzb search in SB you just need to make sure the category is set to the same one you chose. Any reason why you have them on separate systems? Its usually easier to keep them on the same one.

The linux system is where I have the most storage, and I have NFS shares set up on it for my Raspberry Pi running raspbmc. I've installed Sickbeard on linux before but it is such a pain in the rear end to configure.