Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedlic
Mar 10, 2005

Ask me about being too much of a sperging idiot to understand what resisting arrest means.
I don't know what happened but as soon as I updated from 6.2 to 6.10 SABnzbd stopped being able to connect to my NAS.

Now, when I try to set the complete folder to either the UNC path, a mounted drive connected to the NAS, or a symbolic link to the NAS, I get: "Cannot create complete_dir folder Y:\Video". Y:\ is the mounted drive letter, works fine in Explorer, can create anything and everything in there with Explorer. Running SAB as administrator did nothing. Neither did reinstalling 6.2. Neither did rebooting.

This is all I get from the log:

pre:
2011-12-07 21:07:18,770::INFO::[misc:331] complete_dir directory: Y:\Video does not exist, try to create it

2011-12-07 21:07:18,770::ERROR::[misc:333] Cannot create directory Y:\Video
Any ideas?

Edit: Uninstalling SAB, removing all settings, and reinstalling also did nothing.

Edit2: Neither did installing 6.12.

Edit3: I hate multiple edits but more information is better. Safe mode worked. What the hell is going on?

Zedlic fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Dec 8, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedlic
Mar 10, 2005

Ask me about being too much of a sperging idiot to understand what resisting arrest means.

Zedlic posted:

I don't know what happened but as soon as I updated from 6.2 to 6.10 SABnzbd stopped being able to connect to my NAS.

Now, when I try to set the complete folder to either the UNC path, a mounted drive connected to the NAS, or a symbolic link to the NAS, I get: "Cannot create complete_dir folder Y:\Video". Y:\ is the mounted drive letter, works fine in Explorer, can create anything and everything in there with Explorer. Running SAB as administrator did nothing. Neither did reinstalling 6.2. Neither did rebooting.

This is all I get from the log:

pre:
2011-12-07 21:07:18,770::INFO::[misc:331] complete_dir directory: Y:\Video does not exist, try to create it

2011-12-07 21:07:18,770::ERROR::[misc:333] Cannot create directory Y:\Video
Any ideas?

Edit: Uninstalling SAB, removing all settings, and reinstalling also did nothing.

Edit2: Neither did installing 6.12.

Edit3: I hate multiple edits but more information is better. Safe mode worked. What the hell is going on?

Problem solved. Posting in case anyone has the same issue.

Turns out that the "Run on startup" option causes SABnzbd (on Windows) to run as System, not the user who is logging in. This causes all kinds of permission issues. Running SABnzbd manually as my user was what fixed it, the fact that it was Safe mode was not relevant.

Zedlic
Mar 10, 2005

pixaal posted:

You could shove a shortcut to SAB in the startup folder for your user account, and then forget about it. If not you could make a batch file and throw a delay in it then have it start SAB(then throw it in startup), odd fix that should probably be done on SABs end, but it's not terribly hard to overcome.

Yeah I'll probably do something like that. The problem was solved as soon as I realized what the hell was going on. And yeah, this should at least be in the documentation for the folder config page.