Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself
My server's a mid-2010 Mac Mini with a 2 TB Drobo attached via FW800. The Mini's got HDMI so I can hook it up to the TV and run Plex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself

FLX posted:

I was wondering how to set up a watch folder. I entered a valid directory in the "watch folder" text-field, but whenever I save .nzb there, nothing happens.

Mac, Windows, Linux?

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself

FLX posted:

Mac OS, latest version of Sabnzb+

Are you by chance using ~/? I don't think the expansion works. You'd have to use /Users/username/.

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself

FLX posted:

Crap, I just realized I forgot the leading "/" :suicide: So sorry! It works perfectly now.

Don't worry; been there, done that. :downs:

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself
Sick Beard question:

If I have a show set to HD and some of the episodes are downloaded as SD, will SB try to download HD versions of those episode? Or, do I need to use the “custom” setting?

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself

brc64 posted:

I now have a nice happy Ubuntu server in place on my network for media management, and it occurs to me that putting SABnzb+ on there makes more sense than having it on my Windows PC. The install was all of two commands, so that was pretty simple, but I was wondering if there was any way I could migrate my configuration from my Windows install to the new Linux install.

SABnzbd+ stores its configuration in sabnzbd.ini. Go to the "config" page of SABnzbd+ and look for where it says the config file is located.

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself

simonmoon posted:

So, I've been looking at backup solutions for a bit, and the combination of all those passworded rar sets uploaded by spammers and the Wikileaks insurance file have made curious about the feasibility of heavily encrypting important personal files, uploading them to some random group, and just keeping an offsite copy of the AES256 key with the NZB.

Is this stupid? What group would you suggest I use?

With Amazon S3 now offering free data in, it's very inexpensive to store a lot of data. Just pick the reduced redundancy storage for a cheaper option.

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself

Corbet posted:

Is it really that hard to create an .app wrapper for a python based program? I can't believe it hasn't been done yet.

A menubar application is another story, but if you just want a .app to launch SickBeard, it's pretty easy using Automator.

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself
Anyone desperate for Sick Beard updates should check out the repo on GitHub. There are over 250 forks, and a few of them that have had quite a few commits lately.

https://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/network

I personally haven't tried any yet. I'm not sure if they'd be compatible with the built-in updater or if you'd just need to manually git pull.

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself

kri kri posted:

The only reason I haven't switched is because of the auto updater and not really wanting to make the effort of using git pull. Is the original developer dead or something? I thought you could just pull commits into the code?

You have to make a "pull request" for it to be incorporated into the trunk (or branch). Migetspy has the decision whether to incorporate the commit into the trunk.

He made a comment on one of the pull requests a few days ago so I guess he's not dead.

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself

natsea posted:

I recently switched apartments and ever since my download rate hovers around 600kb/s from my astraweb server. My speedtests show my bandwidth as going up to 5mb/s during times of low traffic. I have tried switching ports, changing the number of connections, using a supernews account, and using SSL. With all of these options the most I can hope to get is ~590kb/s.

I don't directly have a modem but rather plug into a ethernet jack since the apartment complex I live in has a bulk internet account. I performed a glasnot test but that didn't show any throttling on my ISP's part. Anyone have any suggestions?

I think you're just confusing the units. 5 megabits per second is equivalent to 640 kilobytes per second.

http://www.google.com/search?q=5+megabits+per+second+in+kilobytes+per+second

You're downloading nearly as fast as possible on your connection.

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself

inpheaux posted:

We know 64 bit par/rar is worthless because par and unrar are i/o bound not ram/cpu bound, but some people REALLY REALLY REALLY thought they needed it, so we included the binaries and set it so that we'd use these builds on 64bit Windows. Turns out our bit detection on certain versions of windows was hosed, so we never actually used the 64bit binaries. So here we months later and someone finally told us it was busted so we fixed it.

Even when the pars on an SSD?

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself

mistermojo posted:

Has Growl stopped working with SABnzbd+ for anyone else? I have the latest versions of both, and Growl has the SABnzbd+ app in its list, so I don't know what's going on.

Are you running Lion? I think the latest version of Growl doesn't really work. They're supposed to be releasing Growl on the Mac App Store soon.

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself

Nitr0 posted:

port forward it on your router and use the web browser? works fine for me

Or VPN for the more security conscious.

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself
I thought they fixed that bug in SABnzbd where it would create a folder in /volumes/ with the name of your drive. Then, when you mount your drive, it would get mounted to /volumes/drive 1/.

I guess not.

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself

wolrah posted:

If the folder you're set to save to isn't there when SAB starts and it has permission to create it, it will. Thus, saving to a network drive or removable device that actually gets removed on a Mac probably isn't the best idea.

It's not just when SAB starts. If the drive is ever ejected with SAB running, it'll happen.

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself

crm posted:

Does anybody happen to have a script that will convert stuff sickbeard pulls down to an ipad friendly format?

I'd love to maintain a list of shows that after they are grabbed, it is converted to mp4 or whatever and dumped the "automatically add to itunes" directory.

I could write one, however I am lazy and would prefer using one that already exists :)

Someone posted a script to remux mkv to mp4 a while back in this thread. It's a lot quicker than re-encoding with Handbrake.

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself

Vykk.Draygo posted:

When did SABnzbd get a tray icon and how do I turn it off?

OS X?

touch ~/Library/Application Support/SABnzbd/notDisplayMenu

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself

inpheaux posted:

Betas live here, but based on that commit Shypike should be releasing 0.7 final any time now, so you might as well just wait.

Is it feasible to run SABnzbd from source and just run `git pull` to grab new commits every now and then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grayham
Jun 13, 2005

I just blue myself

inpheaux posted:

Totally, just pull from develop and party on. It's a bit of a bitch running from source on Windows, and on Win/OSX you lose the tray integration, but for Linux running from source is no big deal.

Good to know. Thanks.