Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Sab and sickbeard running on 8tb nas server and streaming to boxee boxes around the house. Some over wifi, others I believe megabit Ethernet. Never any issues, works beautifully!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Thermopyle posted:

This sounds like the proper is corrupted on usenet. Are you sure it's a good file?

Try just downloading it manually.

This may be a rube-ish question, but what does the term 'proper' mean in context of files on usenet? I didn't realize it had any significance, although I've seen it a lot over the years.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Thanks!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

What is this 'Headphones' ? I've never heard of it and I bet you can guess a Google search is useless.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

torjus posted:

Here you go: https://github.com/rembo10/headphones/wiki

Sweet, thanks! Not much of a music buff, or this would be awesome. Glad to see all these apps revolving around sab.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

I use no-ip.info to redirect a hostname to my ip for free so I don't have to keep updating all the time. It seems like every 2 weeks I get an email that says I have to go click and update it or it will expire. Are there any other good redirect sites that are free that you guys use that doesn't have this? I'd love a fire and forget, or maybe even an app I can install on my PC that will keep it updated.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

wattershed posted:

dyndns.org does the same thing, but has a tray app that'll auto-update whenever it's required. I haven't touched anything related to an IP/hostname in a few years on my HTPC.

Sweet, thanks! Will check it out tonight.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

wattershed posted:

dyndns.org does the same thing, but has a tray app that'll auto-update whenever it's required. I haven't touched anything related to an IP/hostname in a few years on my HTPC.

Ok, I feel silly, I can't find the free option on their site anymore. It's a huge confusing mess of packages that all have expiring trials.

edit: forget it, no-ip.info has an app I can use. All set now. :)

TraderStav fucked around with this message at 23:25 on May 3, 2012

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Even though I use the app, I cannot see Qouch and not read it as 'Cooch'. As in Coochie.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Hey all, I just switched to Uverse, which has some pretty rigid data caps of 250GB per month. I want to set SAB to only download a certain amount per day. I currently have it running from 2-6am, but I want to know if there's a way to set it for a GB amount?

Thanks!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

/sabnzbd/config/switches/

Quota

Oh sweet, thanks! Is it a daily?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

/sabnzbd/config/switches/

Quota

I probably need to update, I don't have the option. I'm on .6.14.

Thanks for the help!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Guy Axlerod posted:

How many search providers do I need?

IMO as many as you can as they are continually shutting down over the years.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Thermopyle posted:

I just go on a cleaning spree and delete them once a month or so. What's wrong with that?

I get an extra kick for getting rid of the chick shows my wife watches.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Raced home because you guys said to upgrade to VIP on nzb.su. I get "VIP account upgrades are currently not available to you, please check back later."

:(

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Tindahbawx posted:

Well I sure feel stupid now for not signing up with dognzb back when I had a chance.

I jumped on it and then pinned the page in my Chrome so that it loaded it once a day just for this very reason. Not being smug, just happy it worked out.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

zwdzk posted:

Wow, I didn't even have a clue that nzbmatrix got shut down. I can't believe that poo poo. Now what archaic method of Usenet indexing am I supposed to use?

binsearch

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

I'm a bit unclear of what rolling your own exactly offers you that the other sites currently do. Or better asked, what will I be missing? Does doing a local install of Newznab or the other php driven one mentioned allow me to index and categorize just like those sites currently do? What type of experience could I expect for someone used to searching on nzbs.org, nzbmatrix, etc?

If it works the way I think it would, (as in a complete replacement) then I would see it as the ultimate answer to the problem and never having to depend on others who may be in jeopardy of being taken down at any time.

Thanks in advance!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Thermopyle posted:

Depends on what you're using it for. Newznab will give you something just like nzbs.org or nzb.su...meaning totally automated nzb generation. SpotWeb will give you human-curated content.

Personally, I'd run both.

Who are the humans that are curating the content if I'm running it locally?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

longview posted:

They *might* be able DMCA the report posts, but that's a little questionable since I don't think the reports themselves are their content, even if it were to be information on the location of their content.

More likely is that since automated services like Newznab can match posts to content, they could automatically send DMCA requests based on that. Otherwise watching spotnet wouldn't be a problem and sending takedowns based on the nzbs in the reports would probably be doable.

So if I'm reading this correctly, I can hosts these on my HTPC (C2D 2.4ghz ish) running Win7 with several hundred GB of free space (or even my low-powered NAS with even more space??) relatively easily and use it as a replacement for these indexers?

How much technical/server knowledge do I need? If I managed getting sickbeard/sab working just fine in the early days, will I be fine or do I need to set up environments and such?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

I'm having a hell of a time getting Spotweb to work in Windows. I did the easy install and after it installs, I install services but it seems that I have other services running on port 80 (Teamviewer). I change the port in custom.conf to something that should be free and use the restart server icon. It restarts the DB but the Apache fails to start with error code 1 or so.

Is anyone able to offer an idiots guide to getting this started, because I am one.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Chick3n posted:

I was confused by that for a while as well :downs:. The default Admin account can't post Spots/Comments or download new spots.

If anyone plans on opening their site publicly make sure you change the default Admin password as well (it's set to admin).

Open your start menu. Spotweb Easy > Management > Apache2 Port

In that file all you need to change is List and (optionally) ServerName. To change from port 80 to 90, go from:
code:
## httpd
Listen 80
ServerName localhost:80
to:
code:
## httpd
Listen 90
ServerName localhost:90
And then restart the server. (Start Menu > Spotweb Easy > Management > Restart Server)

Make sure you didn't edit URL: line (keep the # in front of it), that's just telling you what your new URL would look like. For port 90 it would be http://localhost:90/spotweb

Thanks for the response, that is what I was doing and for the sake of sanity followed your directions precisely. I'm still getting an error that the Apache server could not be started.

code:
The wampstackApache service is starting.
The wampstackApache service could not be started.

A service specific error occurred: 1.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3547.

Here's my custom.conf
code:
## httpd
Listen 90
ServerName localhost:90

## Restart server after saving changes.

## Example
# Listen 4001
# ServerName localhost:4001
#
# URL: [url]http://your-ip:4001/spotweb[/url]
##

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Gism0 posted:

Perhaps try a port above 1024, I'm not sure how windows deals with this but Unix systems generally require root to open ports lower than 1024. Much less of a risk of blocking something else too.

That was it! I switched it to 1500 and it started successfully! Thanks!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

TraderStav posted:

That was it! I switched it to 1500 and it started successfully! Thanks!

Alternatively, telling TeamViewer not to use 80 or 443 has it working out of the box!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

I think I've got Spotweb all set up just right, I'm guessing this is where everyone has said that they're learning Dutch. Should I assume that the files are in English, but with Dutch descriptions, or should I ignore anything Dutch in it?

Is there any way to find out how much space or spots I've grabbed? Curious to see what kind of bandwidth usage/hard drive storage it's using. How long on a 10mpbs internet connection until I should assume I have a good chunk of the NZBs available?

If I want to best replicate the other indexers, I should set up Newznab and go that route? That would require much more HD storage and bandwidth, yes? Also a much more difficult set up?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

I haven't popped in here for about two weeks which the first post I had unread was mention of the goonzb project. I currently don't have Pms (this could compel to get plat for the fourth time) and would be a gracious donator to the cause as I am a believer that anything goon run is done properly. Ill upgrade tomorrow and send a pm post-haste.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Can anyone please point me to a post that describes the best Sab/sickbeard set up for folders when everything is on the same machine? I dislike having an archive TV and Movies sub folder set up and a "new/complete/tv/... For new downloads. I know this has been covered a hundred times but cannot find the right post. I simply want one tv folder and one movies folder (since I just found you CAN delete from xbmc now!)

I appreciate the help and apologize for the nth time this has been asked!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

The Gunslinger posted:

You want all of your files of a given category inside a big directory with no sub directories, am I understanding that correctly? Just make a category in SAB for it and set your download directory in Sickbeard, it will dump them all there. Or you can use the post processing in SB but simply remove the Folder part of the renaming process I believe.

I think that's a really poor way to do it but its your choice.

I would have subfolders for each movie/show within two different subdirectories (Movies and TV). I think I MAY be overcomplicating this without thinking of the most obvious solution. Instead of having the 'archive' TV and Movies with the temporary New, just move all the files into New and that is now everything.

I hate how I can be an idiot sometimes... I guess I just think I should be using Sickbeard (and its folders it creates) for something other than just finding and grabbing. When y'all talk about post-processing, I don't really understand what that means (aside from stuff being done after the download) in real terms as I suppose I fully don't understand it'd offer that Sab doesn't!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Thermopyle posted:

I don't really understand what you're wanting to do, but maybe understanding what post processing does will help you.

Yes, this. I understand it better and think I was only using sickbeard as a way to simply tell Sab to grab new shows and left it at that. It wasn't being used as a database of what I had or anything else. I'll dive into this, thanks!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Laserface posted:

I dont think uTorrent has a completed/incomplete directory, just the one option and this hasnt really happened before.

I know I could just wait and add the show to sickbeard once the downloads are completed but I only use torrents to backfill what NZBs cant find - if theres a season or two available on usenet I would rather use that to grab them as its usually better quality (and its via SSL so Im not going to be spied on by my ISP)

Utorrent has a downloading directory and a directory it can move completed to.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It appears that I have set it up the right way, and I'm smacking myself for not doing so previously. This is so much more simplistic than I had it. Thanks!

On another note, what's the verdict on Headphones and the other sickbeard-like nzb media grabbers? I believe there's one for comics as well. What other niches exist out there?

TraderStav fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Feb 19, 2013

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

I was clapping my Dorito stained hands together when the invite came in. So what's the best way to integrate with Sickbeard?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Best Android app to manage multiple servers? I want to add both the local address and external one for times when Usenet knocks out my lovely internet but also manage outside of my home. Adding nzbs and reordering downloads would be nice as well.

Thanks in advance!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Diamonds On MY Fish posted:

Some routers don't route stuff out their LAN and then back in their WAN. The way I do this is by having a domain name that I have dnsmasq resolve to my internal IP.

I use DDNS to get back to my house and then the router just forwards the ports. I see your point about not needing it internally if you have it externally but have used the internal in the past when my connection was choked up due to it being maxed out and an internal connection was able to push through that quickly to turn it down. I've since reduced the speed so I shouldn't need it but kept thinking I did.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

Has anyone written up a comparison between Drone and SB ? I see a lot of people saying they've moved over and they prefer it, but having something written up fully as to what makes it so attractive would be really great.

Am thinking of redoing my HTPC a bit with a new SSD, RAM and OS install over the next few months and am curious if I should move away from my tried and tested Sab, SB, Couch Potato and XBMC MySQL setup.

Would really like to see this as I don't know what features I'm lacking currently. Sick/SABnzbd has been solid for years.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Thermopyle posted:

Crashplan it all.

Surely you're either kidding or have a 1gbps connection. It took a month to upload my actual stuff that needed backup.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

I'm retiring my old NAS and decided to just use an external drive on my iMac while having SAB/Sickbeard run on it. I thought this would be easy but it seems that there aren't any binaries available for Sickbeard and the command-line installations are giving me problems on Mavericks, notably on installing Cheetah.

Has anyone already encountered issues installing on OSX? I can swag a little terminal action but when things don't work I quickly lose my element. To be specific, when I run the curl command I get the following:

code:
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
wget and apt-get don't appear to be valid commands on my machine and I even tried installing them but started barking up trees that I'm not certain about. Any suggestions from someone who already went down this path?

Thanks!

I'm using these two guides, FYI: http://jetshred.com/2012/07/26/installing-sickbeard-on-os-x-10-dot-8/ and http://sickbeard.com/install.html#Source

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

SeaborneClink posted:

slap an "-L" onto the end and it should work. The pypi page probably redirects you somewhere along the line.

This did it! Thanks!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Appreciate the aforementioned help on getting sickbeard installed on OS X. Strangely, Python keeps crashing after a few hours randomly. I googled it and seems to be a common problem on Mavericks (which I'm on) with no clear resolution. Has anyone else encountered this and a have a fix? Will finally upgrading to Yosemite fix this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the eternal September factor?