Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anonymouse Mook
Jul 12, 2006

Showing Vettel the way since 1979

I thought RPCoHTTPS was the only way to access 2013 and MAPI was gone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymouse Mook
Jul 12, 2006

Sounds like some of your virtual directories need their authentication method changing. If you get the login prompt, most likely a folder is set to Basic auth instead of NTLM.

Anonymouse Mook
Jul 12, 2006

I am having some issues trying to get Voicemail Preview working on Exchange 2013.

We have recently got an Avaya IP Office system and I have managed to get the systems to talk to each other enough that you get the voicemail playback controls within the email, but I cannot get a text transcript to appear. Is there something obvious that I am missing?

Anonymouse Mook
Jul 12, 2006

wyoak posted:

The really obvious - 'Allow Voice Mail Preview' is enabled in your effective UM Mailbox Policy, correct? If Exchange is receiving the call and generating the voicemail, your PBX is handing off fine, so you don't have to worry about that side.

Allow Voice Mail Preview is indeed checked. However, Exchange is not currently handling the calls- it is just being passed the voicemail from the Avaya Voicemail Pro server with Outlook installed. I assumed that as the playback control appeared, rather than just having the voicemail as an attached wav file that I was close to getting the text preview.

How would I go about setting my Exchange up to receive calls from the IP Office (running r9)? I can't find much good information on how to do this. Can I do it direct, or will I need some sort of SIP intermediary? Sorry for the silly questions, I am just starting out with UM.

Anonymouse Mook
Jul 12, 2006

You may want to include the web.config in some of the subfolders in IIS too. I have a user who needed to send larger attachments via ActiveSync, and a rollup helpfully overwrote the tweak.

Anonymouse Mook
Jul 12, 2006

I have a bit of an issue popping up with Online Archives in Exchange 2013.
I have a user who has Full Access to a mailbox of someone who left a little while ago. That user can see the set of live folders in their Outlook, but not the archives. I thought that as long as someone had full access, they would get the archive to appear. Am I missing something obvious?

Anonymouse Mook
Jul 12, 2006

We have an annoying problem with our iOS 7.0.4 iPads and iPhones and Exchange 2013 CU3.

Users can receive large attachments (~10MB), but cannot send them. When you try and send, the phone complains that the mailbox is full! This is happening for multiple accounts- none of which are remotely close to their quota. I have checked the activesync size limit on the server and it was still set at 40MB. Trying with my personal Windows Phone, the same email sent without a hitch.

Anonymouse Mook
Jul 12, 2006

I've been having issues with one of our Exchange 2013 servers. We have them set up in a DAG across to sites in the same AD. Both servers archive to a separate DB. I have asked this question on the Technet forums, but haven't had much joy so far.

The other site have included their archive DB in the DAG, we intend to follow suit. However, their DAG is not populating as it should- newly migrated users who should have gigs in their archive have nothing. When we try to force a mailbox management, it runs for a few minutes and archives some data and then fails. We get the following message in the event log:

Service MSExchangeMailboxAssistants. Managed Folder Mailbox Assistant caused the process to terminate 1 times while processing mailbox (unknown) on database Live (c8decfb1-1e25-4a02-bf83-976e378b2ca3). The following exception caused the failure: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Directory.ResourceHealth.ResourceUnhealthyException: Resource 'MdbReplication(Archives)' is unhealthy and shouldn't be accessed.
at Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxAssistants.Assistants.ELC.ELCHealthMonitor.InternalThrottleStoreCall(List`1 archiveResourceDependencies)
at Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxAssistants.Assistants.ELC.LocalArchiveProcessor.ExpireInBatches(List`1 listToSend, Folder sourceFolder, Folder targetFolder, ElcSubAssistant elcSubAssistant, Action retentionActionType, Int32 totalFailuresSoFar, List`1& foldersWithErrors, Int32& newMoveErrorsTotal)
at Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxAssistants.Assistants.ELC.LocalArchiveProcessor.MoveToArchive(ItemSet itemSet, ElcSubAssistant assistant, FolderArchiver folderArchiver, Int32 totalFailuresSoFar, List`1& foldersWithErrors, Int32& newMoveErrorsTotal)
at Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxAssistants.Assistants.ELC.TagExpirationExecutor.PrepareAndExpireInBatches(List`1 listToSend, Action retentionActionType)
at Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxAssistants.Assistants.ELC.ExpirationExecutor.ExecuteTheDoomed()
at Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxAssistants.Assistants.ELC.ExpirationExecutor.CheckAndProcessItemsOnBatchSizeReached(List`1 list)
at Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxAssistants.Assistants.ELC.ExpirationTagEnforcer.EvaluateAndEnlistItem(Object[] itemProperties, PropertyIndexHolder propertyIndexHolder)
at Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxAssistants.Assistants.ELC.ExpirationTagEnforcer.CollectItemsToMoveByDefault(MailboxSession session)
at Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxAssistants.Assistants.ELC.ExpirationTagEnforcer.CollectItemsToExpire(MailboxSession session)
at Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxAssistants.Assistants.ELC.ExpirationTagEnforcer.Invoke()
at Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxAssistants.Assistants.ELC.TagEnforcerManager.InvokeInternal(MailboxDataForTags mailboxDataForTags)
at Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxAssistants.Assistants.ELC.TagEnforcerManager.Invoke(MailboxDataForTags mailboxDataForTags)
at Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxAssistants.Assistants.ELC.ElcTagSubAssistant.InvokeInternal(MailboxSession mailboxSession, MailboxDataForTags mailboxDataForTags)
at Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxAssistants.Assistants.ELC.ElcTagSubAssistant.Invoke(MailboxSession mailboxSession, MailboxDataForTags mailboxDataForTags)
at Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxAssistants.Assistants.ELC.ELCAssistant.InvokeCore(MailboxSession mailboxSession, StatisticsLogEntry logEntry, ElcParameters parameters)
at Microsoft.Exchange.Common.IL.ILUtil.DoTryFilterCatch(TryDelegate tryDelegate, FilterDelegate filterDelegate, CatchDelegate catchDelegate)
at Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxAssistants.Assistants.ELC.ELCAssistant.InvokeInternalAssistant(MailboxSession mailboxSession, InvokeArgs invokeArgs, List`1 customDataToLog, Int32 totalAttempts)
at Microsoft.Exchange.MailboxAssistants.Assistants.ELC.ELCAssistant.DoWork(AssistantTaskContext context)
at Microsoft.Exchange.Assistants.TimeBasedDatabaseJob.ProcessMailboxUnderPoisonControl(AssistantTaskContext context, EmergencyKit kit)
at Microsoft.Exchange.Assistants.TimeBasedDatabaseJob.<>c__DisplayClass9.<ProcessStoreMailbox>b__8()
at Microsoft.Exchange.Common.IL.ILUtil.DoTryFilterCatch(TryDelegate tryDelegate, FilterDelegate filterDelegate, CatchDelegate catchDelegate)

Any thoughts? I know it says that Archive is unhealthy, but other Exchange monitors for the DB say it is healthy so not sure what to think!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymouse Mook
Jul 12, 2006

Exchange can do it with a transport rule- you can include user attributes, no problem. It will likely go plain text though.