Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Season 1 of Atlantis was worse than I remembered but drat if that battle at night over the city isn’t great.

Edit: also not looking forward to Wraith Ford, I seem to remember it being a bad storyline that went nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1523650/Stargate_Timekeepers/

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, I WANT to love it...but I'm pretty sure that all or most of it will be terrible.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Vietnamwees posted:

I mean, I WANT to love it...but I'm pretty sure that all or most of it will be terrible.

BSG Deadlock was really good so if the same people are in charge I'm at least hopeful.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Polaron posted:

BSG Deadlock was really good so if the same people are in charge I'm at least hopeful.

Deadlock is great but it was made by Black Lab, this is being made by CreativeForge.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
This is MY Multiverse of Madness

Dirty
Apr 8, 2003

Ceci n'est pas un fabricant de pates

I know this isn't really about the game, and it's just a teaser, but it bothers me how very very off that teaser is. The music is just trundling along, disconnected from anything happening on screen. The gate doesn't make any of the sounds it makes in the show, just sort of murky groans. And the puddle forms in a lethargic, anticlimactic way. There's about a second where the kawoosh looks really neat, but then it sort of wipes itself out instead of the satisfying crash back you're expecting. It's like they set out to make a trailer specifically to get their target audience to think "this feels slightly off". The game might be fine, just seems strange to miss low-hanging fruit like that in something designed to generate interest.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Dirty posted:

I know this isn't really about the game, and it's just a teaser, but it bothers me how very very off that teaser is. The music is just trundling along, disconnected from anything happening on screen. The gate doesn't make any of the sounds it makes in the show, just sort of murky groans. And the puddle forms in a lethargic, anticlimactic way. There's about a second where the kawoosh looks really neat, but then it sort of wipes itself out instead of the satisfying crash back you're expecting. It's like they set out to make a trailer specifically to get their target audience to think "this feels slightly off". The game might be fine, just seems strange to miss low-hanging fruit like that in something designed to generate interest.

yeah

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Blind review of Season 3 of Stargate SG-1:

This season was 10x better than Season 2. Season 3 returned mostly back to the formula of Season 1 which was really great. Season 2 had a few good episodes but it mostly sucked, and it's great that they closed out most of those plot lines.

Was sad that the Reetu were never talked about again, because it seems like the only plot line that they didn't reference again in Season 3. It's great that they didn't waste an episode to do that "let's replay all the highlights of the season" thing.

Also wtf how did I only just now realize that O'Neill is MacGyver? What a great actor.

Anyway, Season 3 was much more like Season 1 and if the show stays on that formula it'll be really great. Still think Season 2 sucked (except for a few good episodes).

S3E01 - Guessed correctly about the outcome in the previous review post. It was super predictable and boring. The ending of this episode was really good, though!

S3E02 - Absolute banger of an episode. Personal Top 10 list, so far in the show, for sure. It's the one where the Egyptian God Set turns out to be some Charles Manson-like cult leader laying low on Earth and they have to both get rid of him while also avoiding the Feds. It's a great premise for an episode.

S3E03 - Super boring and forgettable episode. The only notable thing about it was that Carter got promoted and they referenced the plot once in a much better episode later on in this Season.

S3E04 - It's cool that they referenced Machello again, his episode was really good in Season 2. This one was a decent episode. It's the one with the little blue slugs that slide out of their ears.

S3E05 - Great episode! Talked about it earlier in a previous post while arguing with some bad brains about Dr Weeaboo Daniel (fine, we'll use his name). The only reason this episode has a happy ending is because O'Neill told Daniel and all the people he convinced to kiss his rear end. It's the one where they use children brains to learn new stuff and then download everything, leaving them as vegetables afterward.

S3E06 - Great episode! The story for this one had everything: dig up an artifact from a previous episode, use it to go on an adventure, fight the original villain again because it's a parallel universe, and then save the day by doing a trick that worked in an older episode from the previous season. This entire episode was just payoffs on top of payoffs. Really fun to watch.

S3E07 - Great episode! This season has been great: new character that doesn't end with some dumb cliffhanger. Bad guy is convinced to be a good guy, and for once it's because of Teal'C and Carter. Usually they're like the third wheel, but all the good stuff in this episode happens because of them so it's great to see their characters get center stage for once. It's the one with that Bounty Hunter who sells people his drug dealer.

S3E08 - Great episode! It's about time they show Christianity, they've done just about everything else pretty much. The writers on this one did a great job making us really hate the villain, and it's cool that they brought back the Unas monster guy, though it's a little weird they didn't explain why the monster cares about their dumb planet.

S3E09 - *fart*

S3E10 - Great episode! It's the one where Sha're finally dies and finally Dr. Weea-- Daniel finally gets to leave the show. The writers did a really good job with the mystery and the schizophrenia, and making him changing his mind to stay look like the reasonable thing to do. They gave him a compelling reason to stay on the show, so it's fine.

S3E11 - Great episode! The reveal that the scientist lady is actually the villain from that prison episode was :chefkiss:. It's a great mystery episode and the ending was really, really good. Of course Dr Wee--sigh, Daniel, has to be the flirty jackass. If this is how he acts in libraries with women, imagine how he was when he was in Grad school or whatever. This character sucks. The writers could have made his connection with that character not be romantic but of course here we go back to that sarcophagus episode in Season 2 again. Other than that one complaint about an unnecessary character flaw, though, great episode!

S3E12 and S3E13 - Yes! Yes! Great episode! Everything about this one was great. It's the one where they introduce Sokar and bring back Apophis, who is a much better character and villain than this gotta-catch-'em-all "System Lords" Pokemon crap they introduced in Season 2. Earlier in the Season, in that Seth episode, it seemed like the show's direction was going to be a series of "Ok, now we're gonna chase after this bad guy of the Season!" plot lines, but it's nice that they're not committing to it by bringing Apophis back.

S3E14 - It was pretty alright. The airplane thing was a really cool scene. It's the one where alien dudes silently took over and everybody tried to convince Carter she was crazy. One really stupid thing though is that at the end of the episode they all praised Carter and she didn't even call out the work Teal'c did. Like, nobody showed any appreciation for him at all. What was that all about? She just took all the credit. Why does that character get the Worf treatment? Doesn't make sense.

S3E15 - Yes! Yes! They closed out the Sha're plot line and now we get a happy ending with Skaa'ra. Great episode. Super Star Trek, and the ending reveal was really well done. Really good episode.

S3E16 - DOM DELUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

S3E17 - Outstanding episode. Was worried that the lady wasn't going to tell O'Neill about the walkie talkie.

S3E18 - The beginning was weird and dumb, which obviously they intended to do, but they could've done it way better. Other than that opening, it was a really great episode. It sucks that they threw away the Makepeace character. He was introduced as the "diplomatic" one in SG-9 to contrast against Hammond's hard-nosed personality... but for some reason now all of a sudden he's some hard-rear end? The writers did him really dirty on this one. The misdirection and the reveal were really good, and the humor at the very end was a nice touch.

S3E19 - Loved this episode. This new character "Nyans" is cool and it's great that they adopted him like they did Teal'c. Had hoped to see him again one more time before the end of the Season in some throwaway scene (They did have opportunities in the final episodes!). They did a good job of making us care about his character and it was a nice surprise that Teal'c brought him back with them. Very similar to that S3E08 one.

S3E20 - The mystery of this one was great, but the ending was kind of a letdown. The idea that the baby was hidden in a room with no doors so that you can only find him if you believe in Mother Nature enough to walk through walls was really cool. It was a good episode for Dr. ... Daniel and made him look like not a jackass for once. For once, the happy ending is because of him and not in spite of him.

S3E21 - Absolutely loved everything about this episode. That reveal was hilarious as hell. It's totally some poo poo a grandpa would do. Loved everything about this one. One of the best of the Season. Was weird that the grandpa ignored the thing on the forehead of Teal'c. Usually the laymen characters comment on that for a moment, that's why he wore his Dick Tracy costume when they went to the mental hospital.

S3E22 - Oh come on... all these great episodes and you're going out with some lego spiders? Bring back the Reetu! That plot line was way cooler. How are you going to set up this cool Starship Troopers-like bug army villain and then just ignore it all season like that? This Borg knockoff is what Thor was talking about last time we saw him in Season 2? This feels like they really phoned it in for some reason.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Also which is your favorite Teal'C? Mine is astronaut Teal'C:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

The war with Canada.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

The 'If you even look at it, you die' Teal'c

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Teal’c P.I.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Love Stole the Day posted:

Also which is your favorite Teal'C? Mine is astronaut Teal'C:

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

S3E02 - Absolute banger of an episode. Personal Top 10 list, so far in the show, for sure. It's the one where the Egyptian God Set turns out to be some Charles Manson-like cult leader laying low on Earth and they have to both get rid of him while also avoiding the Feds. It's a great premise for an episode.

That guy (the ATF guy) is in the show a few times as well.
Although that episode isn't...really a favourite, it's not awful or anything it's just a bit nothingy

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!
Isn’t it mostly memorable for Teal’c’s joke?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Taear posted:

That guy (the ATF guy) is in the show a few times as well.
Although that episode isn't...really a favourite, it's not awful or anything it's just a bit nothingy

The idea of having to hide actions from local law was good, the actual mind control plot was lame, and the rest of it also felt poorly executed. It was clearly a we used too much budget we need something simple and Earth based B episode. They could have had a bunch of fun with a cult leader. It just could have been more. People wouldn't need to be mind controlled they'd follow Seth after seeing the zats in action, though that probably would have been less believable in the 90s.

It's an episode I always forget about and when I see it go oh this is an interesting idea and enjoy watching it but then forget about it again.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Zaroff posted:

Isn’t it mostly memorable for Teal’c’s joke?

This is one of the bits I super remembered yea
It also goes against the idea of what the Goa'uld are like a bit - why wouldn't he slowly try and take over the world?

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

pixaal posted:

The idea of having to hide actions from local law was good, the actual mind control plot was lame, and the rest of it also felt poorly executed. It was clearly a we used too much budget we need something simple and Earth based B episode. They could have had a bunch of fun with a cult leader. It just could have been more. People wouldn't need to be mind controlled they'd follow Seth after seeing the zats in action, though that probably would have been less believable in the 90s.

It's an episode I always forget about and when I see it go oh this is an interesting idea and enjoy watching it but then forget about it again.

The whole episode was a hamfisted way to have Jacob realize he's a terrible dad (even though they'd already done that in his first episode but then he forgot he had a son, apparently).

It's also really weird that they chose Seth for this who was apparently a pretty major System Lord at one point but then he proceeded to just gently caress around for thousands of years with smallish cults despite the fact that he was ostensibly the most powerful being in Earth for all that time given his access to Goa'uld technology and knowledge.

There was probably an interesting story there about a disgraced minor Goa'uld who realized that it was more fun just hanging around in Earth rather than constantly having to worry about being murdered because Apophis was in a bad mood that day or whatever. Maybe make him a 70's Cult Leader who just likes to have sex with his followers and occasionally murder a few instead of this Very Serious not-Waco thing they did.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

I like to think that was one of Chris judge's actual shirts

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Remembering the Jack talk from earlier in the thread, I think Jack is less grating when Daniel is a goofus- as Daniel becomes a badass he starts to get in on the quipping and it's not as good a formula, imo.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Panzeh posted:

Remembering the Jack talk from earlier in the thread, I think Jack is less grating when Daniel is a goofus- as Daniel becomes a badass he starts to get in on the quipping and it's not as good a formula, imo.

Not from Daniel's action superstar phase, but one of my favourite lines of the show is in the time loop one, where Daniel asks "Maybe he... Read your report?", and makes a face. That's grade A quippin' :colbert:

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

I actually quite like daniel's quips
They feel less annoying, less at the expense of the other characters

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Never having watched this when it was on, I’ve been bingeing it on iTunes for the past month or so and am now at the start of SG1 S6. It’s surprisingly easy to binge and very watchable in the background.

Big fan of Farscape so I’m looking forward to the later seasons too.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Blind review for Season 4 of Stargate SG-1:

COMTRAYA!

Noticed at the end of Season 3 that Carter had lost her Princess Diana haircut and then somehow got it back only to lose it again... it seemed like it was just some normal thing or maybe the episodes were out of order. The reveal that it was actually part of the plot was really cool! Good job on the writers for that, but it was still weird.

It was cool to see Carter and Teal'c have some romance stuff go on, but they did that for like a bunch of episodes in a row and so it got old fast.

What's really great about this show is that, just like with Harry Potter, there's always some kind of mystery to solve and if you pay close enough attention then you can connect the dots a little bit before the characters do, and the missed clues are more obvious on repeat viewings.

S4E01 - WACKO! So these Lego Spiders are just the Reetu all over again? That Momma Reetu sacrificed its life to warn Earth about this oncoming horde of terrorist cells that operate in groups of 5... and everyone just forgets about it???????? Boooooooo

(^ Also, the "favorite Teal'c" poster who shared the goatee nailed the timing, because right after seeing that post was when we watched S4E01 and saw the real thing in the first few minutes)

S4E02 - COMTRAYA! Always great to see Odo. Premise was great and the gradual reveal was well done.

S4E03 - WACKO! Waste of an episode. It's the wristband one.

S4E04 - COMTRAYA! But wait, what happened to Teal'c's wife? At least with Dr. W... Daniel... they'd remind us that Sha're is still out there somewhere.

S4E05 - WACKO! Waste of an episode. It's the one where Martouf dies. Don't know why they wrote him out of the show, his character was cool and the relationship with Carter was always well done. After all that effort they're just like "well, that happened..."?

S4E06 - COMTRAYA!

(here's a bigger image for the OP)

S4E07 - WACKO! Oh come on, Deanna Troi is great but why do you gotta give her a role like that? Her accent isn't believeable... she could've been almost any other character in the show. Wonder if this water civilization is the one where that Atlantis show is going to stem from? That'd probably be cool.

S4E08 - COMTRAYA! Darmok and Jalad, at Tanagra. Also why did they have to get rid of that Rothman character? He was a great reminder of how far Daniel has come: he doesn't even sneeze anymore!

S4E09 - COMTRAYA! Finally, a Daniel episode where he doesn't get everyone into trouble or try to solve everything with his dick. It's the one with the fire that's terraforming the planet.

S4E10 - COMTRAYA! Great episode all around. It's the one where they're enslaved in that underground factory.

S4E11 - COMTRAYA! The writers did a great job of misdirecting with everything until the final few minutes. Sucks that we never got any closure with it. It's the one with the conspiracy theorist.

S4E12 - WACKO! Waste of an episode.

S4E13 - COMTRAYA! The writers did a great job with the misdirection on this one, too. Still don't understand how the lady was the one who got the other jar and opened it. It's the one where Daniel turns down the former researcher lady who flirts with him, which is a hell of a character change for him. Apparently she gets away, so we'll see her again... but is she Isis or Osiris? They never clarified which one she was of the two jars.

S4E14 - COMTRAYA! Realizing that the ancient Phoenicians had the concept of "zero" was really cool. This was a great Carter+Daniel episode where they save the day by synergizing their two academic disciplines.

S4E15 - WACKO! It's the one where Maybourne gets out of jail to go chase after people.

S4E16 - WACKO! The idea of it was great, and it was like the ending of that "Course: Oblivion" episode of Star Trek Voyager. The ending of it was cool, but it was really lame how they all just flopped in front of the gate at the end. On paper this should have been a great episode but it was almost anti-climactic.

https://i.imgur.com/i4spWsm.mp4

S4E17 - WACKO! It was the one where the Harseesus finally shows up. The reason why it sucked is because they put all this effort into building up this kid and all he does is just mind-gently caress Daniel and leave. ??????????????????????????????????? well ok

https://i.imgur.com/CciohXB.mp4

S4E18 - COMTRAYA! Amazing episode, and ironically it was probably the lowest budget episode of the whole show.

S4E19 - COMTRAYA! It would've been even better if they had taken away one or two scenes of the scientists talking poo poo and instead invested that time into letting the Cadet chew up the scenery and grow as a person while she talks to Teal'c and Carter about stuff. It was great that the two different storylines were parallel to one another: the writers structured the story really well, and the premise of it was great.

S4E20 - WACKO! Waste of an episode.

https://i.imgur.com/zslyu0M.mp4

S4E21 - COMTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAA

S4E22 - WACKO! Where's the Reetu!? Starship Troopers but with Stargate would have been so cool. They did a big fight battle with the Goa'uld in like Season 2, right? Go hunt down some of those Reetu terrorist cells who are sabotaging other worlds!

https://i.imgur.com/FNmrq4R.mp4

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Seriously, there is your premise for a Stargate RTT or FPS game: Stargate SG-69: Reetu Hunter. Like Alien: Isolation, Natural Selection 2, or MechWarrior Mercenaries but you're hunting Reetu death squads on other worlds to help their civilizations in exchange for alien technology and resources. Or it could be one of those TellTale-like narrative games like The Walking Dead or Dark Pictures Anthology where each Chapter is another episode of the "show".

Insurrectum
Nov 1, 2005

Big Buck Hunter SG-1: Furling Safari

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

I actually like s4e20 because of how wild it is lmao

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

I'm not getting all my memos!

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Season 5 is kind of feeling a little like they've jumped the shark, and I'm sad that we haven't ever seen that Nyans character again. Am always looking for him in the background in places like Daniel's office or Carter's lab, helping to research stuff.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Without a little run down of what happens like 90% of those I'm lost and I've legit only just watched it

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Blind review of Season 5 of Stargate SG-1:

Instead of commentating each episode, I'll just talk generally now and highlight the favorites.

This show has gotten super freaking weird.

Season 1 was all about this sense of wonder and adventure. We're just specks of dust surrounded by all these super advanced species that are far beyond anything we can comprehend... and the big bad guys are all just small fries compared to the bigger fish out there.

Season 2 was like all setup and no payoff. The show was super disappointing because they got rid of all my favorite parts of Season 1.

Season 3 was all payoff and very little setup. It sucks that we had to sit through all of Season 2 in order to get this payoff, because 22 episodes is a lot to sit through.

Season 4 felt like one big celebration! It was where they started to get all meta and they wrapped up all the remaining loose ends in the show. Instead of us and the big bad guys being a specks of dust floating in the wind compared to the big players out there ("maybe one day you will be the Fifth Race!"), now all of those people are just weirdos and all those big players are gonna get owned and be all helpless and poo poo just like you. I think the change in direction really cemented itself in Season 4, but it started in Season 2.

What really sucks about the show's direction has just been how they've pooped on the best aspects of Season 1:
- "Remember those Tollan folks who were so untouchable? Nah just kidding, they're gonna get owned haha."
- "Remember those Asgard folks who were so untouchable and mysterious? lmao turns out it's a bunch of fuckin' lego spiders!"
- "Remember the Reetu and the impending Starship Troopers-like invasion? Haha just kidding, we don't remember that."

Having started Season 6 now where it looks like they suddenly have a much larger budget seemingly out of nowhere (looks like they switched networks apparently right here?) and now they are trying to shoehorn in all of these weird, new characters (Where the hell are Nyans and the Reetu, for gently caress sakes?! The Jonas guy sticking around makes sense, but where the hell is Nyans???? Nyans was so much cooler. And apparently O'Neill's knee hurts??? whatever, I'll wait until the end of Season 6 to whine about that).

---

Anyway, Season 5 felt like one big victory lap, like the show has jumped the shark: we did our big things, but we still have to keep you interested and so here's a stuff to kill time.

The best part of Season 5 was when Daniel died. :chefkiss:

The Daniel episodes where he infiltrates the Goa'uld meeting (S5E15 and S5E16) were easily some of the best episodes of the whole show. Top 10 for sure, maybe top 5.

The parody episode was also really fun, and you can tell that it was full of inside jokes with all of their random side comments. "Why would a guy with 2 Ph.D's become a Teamster?"

The Aaschen episode was also really good and it was great how everyone gradually realized who they were and what the problem was.

The episode where they do a mission alongside the Russians was also really great.

The "romance novel" episode (S5E03) where Carter falls for her stalker is pretty drat weird. What really sucks about that episode isn't the stalker stuff, but the fact that they ignore how this dude left behind a homemade Stargate!!!! Why on Earth do we have to make a deal with the Russians to borrow their Stargate when you can just reverse engineer what the alien stalker did in a few weeks basement? They should spend their time on that project instead of this X-302 garbage.

edit - Oh yeah, also the Lower Decks episode was really good. Their character arcs were super cool and good during Season 5.

---

The best part of this Stargate show has consistently been how every episode has some kind of mystery we have to solve. It's the same kind of appeal as those old Sherlock Holmes books, or the Harry Potter books.

Can't wait to get to the episodes in 2007~2008 when JJ Trek was happening in parallel. I wonder if the show had gone to poo poo by then or if they stayed "true" to the formula instead of being infected by whatever drugs the Star Wars producers have been taking since that era.

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jun 24, 2022

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
JJTrek came out in 2009.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

The best part of this Stargate show has consistently been how every episode has some kind of mystery we have to solve. It's the same kind of appeal as those old Sherlock Holmes books, or the Harry Potter books.

It is a good aspect of the show. They also remember to explain why easy/prior solutions aren't available, even if it's a flimsy excuse to keep the plot rolling.

"What about that old option?" "Ah they're busy with another issue right now and that machine is unavailable" "Hm okay let's find another way."

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

More shows need to do that. It's just 10 seconds out of the episode and it prevents it from appearing like the characters just completely forget about prior things they've done.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
it's def one of the show's best strengths, building upon previous lore like that. some things become a go-to (blowing up naqudah generators), other things get one-upped (the invincible guys and the solution to that). there's places where it falls flat or ignores obvious things, but when it works it's very satisfying.

the show supernatural does a fairly good job with similar lore information.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

People talk about the power creep in Stargate with humans going from plucky guerillas to a galactic superpower, but it has nothing on Supernatural. They go from struggling against basic horror movie monsters to taking out God.