Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
Vancouver is realms cheaper than filming in Hollywood, or even Oregon. While it makes for a lot of lovely sci-fi (and Twilight) creeping in, it also gave us BSG and the namesake of this thread. You may already know this, but the Tallon homeworld area and the Caprican market are the same location: the Quad at SFU in Vancouver!

(on the left)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
X-Files also featured Don S. Davis as Scully's father, who in the first episode I ever saw of the show died of a heart attack. He died of the same thing in real life (and in the alt-reality of 2010 IIRC) :tinfoil:

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
Watched the double-episode "Heroes" tonight. Such a great episode, the first part is hilarious and the second half is pretty powerful. I wish they'd made more episodes like this in the later seasons.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

IRQ posted:

I vaguely remember Carter driving a a sporty car of some kind pretty early on but does that really count as "into cars"? I don't think more than that was ever said, but I could just not be remembering.

She drives a Volvo, so I don't know how "into" cars she really is.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
You should watch Fringe, unless you already do and just forgot it on that list.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

drcru posted:

Did you watch the movies first? Honestly, Lexx is the only good thing that has ever come out of Nova Scotia.

What about Keith's? :saddowns:

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
Lexx is best watched on some sort of drug, the specific kind I haven't yet figured out. I do agree that Michael McManus was the best part, that guy does deadpan apathetic to a T. For the longest time I thought the guy who played Prince was Malcolm McDowell, but it was upon rewatching I found out not only was it not him, McDowell was in the series in a completely different season.

Also the episode where Prince and Kai played chess was legit sweet because the moves were a real game played between chess masters in the 1800s.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Der Luftwaffle posted:

The real finale is Continuum which is great since it's basically a long version of a really good regular episode and most importantly, has nothing to do with season 10.

It also has the last appearance of Don S. Davis as Gen. Hammond (RIP :() It is very fun though, seems like 'classic' SG-1.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Rhyno posted:

"That's O'neill! Two L's!"

The best part of this was he held up three fingers.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Rhyno posted:

RDA Jack is the superior Jack.

It's funny, because Kurt Russell is great in his own right (Big Trouble in Little China?) but he was just so subdued as a character in Stargate it really wasn't that great of a portrayal. I think James Spader did a good job as Daniel though.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Rhyno posted:

You really need to watch Continuum, it's a great capstone to the series.

Basically. It has my favourite parts of SG-1, time travel and Ba'al. Also the final appearance of Hammond of Texas :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Luigi Thirty posted:

One thing I liked about SG-1 was how human the show made General Hammond. In another show, he'd be an incompetent rear end that SG-1 would have to work around in half the plots, like Weir seemed to be at times. He always had SG-1's best interests in mind, even when his superiors didn't exactly have the SGC's best interests in mind.

Hammond of Texas was like the uncle I never had. RIP Don :(