Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
The Storm did a real good job of making Shepperd go from a 'kinda' O'Neil, to someone who was a chill guy, but you really do not wan't to piss him off, as he does know how to kill a guy or 10.

You took Jack seriously from the start, but Johns guerrilla tactics in storm were some of the better 'action' scenes in the series for me. Especially him Solid Snaking into the control room to close the 'iris' on all the reinforcements the Genni were bringing through. No more help is coming for the Genni, and Shepperd can just pick guys off at his leisure and John, Kolya and the audience all know it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
The ladies int the audience didn't get equal titillation when Ernest was nude later in that season though. For shame.

As for the Kowalski being taken over thing, I did always take it as a soft recon, that you just brush aside to get your 'head-canon' sorted out how ever way you can. On re-watches I seem to recall being under the impression the goulds soul for lack of a better term had melded with the host so it's snake for being removed had no effect... which of course greatly goes against anything else in the series. Like Alep said, it's episode 3.

For something even more minor; Why does Teal'c grow hair when he said being bald was necessary when they all body swapped with Migello? Clearly Teal'c is a bad Jaffa.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
Ironic they even realize Aquaman won't return to complete the Atlantis crew.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010

vandelay industries posted:

and uhhh the transportation rings landing sounds like someone missing a punch in a video game 5 times in a row.

I haven't seen anything of origins, but my initial thoughts on reading that were confusion, but then I unconsciously did a video game punch sound effect a few times and I gotta say, I totally get that comparison and it put a dumb nostalgic grin on my face.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
How could you forget MALP on a stick?

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
Don't know if this has been posted in the thread at all, nor how long it's actually being done... but what I assume is the official Stargate Youtube channel (Stargate Command) has been putting up full episodes temporarily (I'm guessing 24 hours or so based off what I've noticed.) for free viewing.

Currently up are 'the Sentinel' (The one where they team up with the ex NID guys who were stealing alien tech from Earth alies Jack went undercover to nab in order to fix a broken maguffin protecting some other planet.) and 'the Tomb' (The one where they steam up with SG-Russia to explore an alien pyramid Ziggurat.)

Not sure there is much of a pattern to what gets uploaded; maybe just picking a couple of episodes from a season in order as those are both season 5 and the episode I first noticed they were doing this with was from season 4 and that was just a day or two ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0G38XelZUU

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
Oh just you wait till '''definitely Christopher Judge'''' cuts open an Octorock later in the episode.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
I'm usually in two minds about the human form replicators. I sometimes feel they we're a complete mistake, but other times I feel they have their moments.

Their introduction of a group of just a colection of mostly generic 'people' sat around a table I remember being kinda weak. But bit's like the team and Sam having to screw over 5th to freeze the planet is a decent bitter sweet reflection. Repli-carter coming about due to Sams initial empathy towards 5th, only for Sams regret to allow 5th to get screwed over again by what he sees as kinda the same person he 'loves' is a decent bookend for an admittedly weak character.

And on the topic of kills; Repli-Carters killing of Yu was a good use of the character. Yu looked somewhat... hurt? When he thought a some-what ally had gone behind his back. She also gave Daniel another decent 'Death' to transfer over to the rest of the ending arc of the season in him getting sent to the waffle house. Overwhelming Repli-carter with the ascended knowledge to give the time needed for Sam to (Fittingly?) finish her works too. Better than one of the random bugs getting him somewhere at least.

One of the things that saves it for me I guess is that for the most part in SG1 the replicators were just the bugs they were introduced as. When the SGC is being full on invaded it is just the spiders that ARE going to over whelm them with sheer numbers. Same with the weapon at Dakara. It isn't just a mass army of human forms. ...which by the time of Atlantis (and Eighties just mentioned Ark of Truth, at which point I think they were just put in to spite the audience.) they of course all were.

I miss remembering here, but having typed all that I feel like human form Repli-Carter was a decent fix to something of a poor writing corner they had written themselves into regarding what had previously been a established as arguably the greatest threat in the show. Everything after her was a bit naff though. Fran in Atlantis felt somewhat interesting, but incredibly under developed.

I seem to recall Jack was consistently funny any time time one them stuck their hands in his head though.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
Good job there was never a point in SG-1 where they went to Pegasus and did just that then to destroy their first Ori mothership as well as a Wraith hive huh?

I'm mean it's a unfair snark as Stargate always felt like it had a consistent universe yet was also a complete mess just as did at least pay lip surface to past shows.
(If you use the shows technobable to show I'm wrong here bring it on... I've spent my entire day thing there has to be one episode something went in the wrong way through the gate? ...and after 18 hours; I've not a drat thing.)

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
She's also not a infallible character; she makes, understandable, questionable decisions. The stand out from what I recall, being studying an SG team being sucked into a black hole. It's both scientifically interesting, and horrific at the same time. It's a fun dynamic of Dr Scientist Sam vs Major Carter.

But yeah, despite probably saving the universe several times over several times (HEY did you know she blew up a star once?) She did kinda also let RepliCarter all she needed to the galaxy once.

Despite that; Sam ends up like the most qualified Tauri right? 10 years on SG-1, 1 year as leader on Atlantis, X years on the Hammond...and shes Sam Carter..?

That said I wish my reproductive organs were on the inside.... or how ever that quote goes

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
For what little it is worth, Sam is also in the Atlantis finale; though I don't recall how big a role she had outside of paying tribute to Don S Davis passing by renaming the latest Daedalus class ship from Phoenix to Hammond. Which she goes on to command in Universe.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010

Eighties ZomCom posted:

McKay very nearly ascended and he was hardly any of those. But he had help from that machine and coaching from Weir I suppose.

Don't forget the expert tutelage from Shepard!

Ferris Wheels!

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
Naquadah reactors at least we were just freely given by that planet that gained knowledge from leaving their children near brain dead by sucking out their memories. And that's before we gave them the knowledge of crayons. ...Which I get, might not be 100% morally ethical, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paused
Oct 24, 2010

pixaal posted:

I want to see the Stargate Lore Bible

The word of false God?