Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
I have a really dumb question, but i am trying to read this manga on my tablet (first time) using the site linked in the OP and it is a nightmare. Is there somewhere i can buy/get the translated manga and just download it as an ebook?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

coathat posted:

You can buy it for the kindle, nook, and iBook apps.

I am ether an idiot but i don't see it anywhere on the Kindle store, attack on titan, and Shingeki no Kyojin show up with no results.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Autumncomet posted:

Here's the kindle edition of the first volume: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CCOO1HA

Gives me an error with "This site does not currently support the purchase of this item."

Van Dine posted:

I tried searching the Kindle books section of the Amazon US site with "Attack on Titan" and it came up with results. Here's a link to the first volume. I could also see it when searching the Amazon UK Kindle store.

Edit: Ah, beaten to it.

I tried this, but when i go to buy it, it says "Item not avaliable for this device type." And lists my android tablet.

*EDIT* Fixed it bought first Volume from Amazon. Is there supposed to be a blank page following each page of the comic? I don't see this on mangareader's version.

UberJumper fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Aug 25, 2013

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
I just read upto the 6th book from Amazon. Does anyone know what chapter is that supposed to leave me off at (online it seems to be listed by chapter). Book 7 isn't out for another month, and i kind of want to know what happens now.

I saw a site listing chapter 32 as it the first chapter in book 7, but just looking at that right now seems really off.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Soulcleaver posted:

Wikipedia says 27 is the first chapter of book 7. Hopefully the English and original numbers line up.

Thanks, if anyone is curious it is actually Chapter 28 i am guessing is going to be the first chapter of english book 7.

The manga has also pointed out how terrible i am with remembering certain characters.
- The dude with grey hair from the anime is Jean, and not Reiner.
- Reiner was also not the one who was eaten in trost, that was thomas, and not reiner
My memory is really terrible.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Thankfully, it's pretty obvious in the anime that Annie, Reiner, and Bert are friends. They're always shown together. It's not particularly incriminating.

Who is Bert?

Aside from that, i finally managed to read upto chapter 37. And wow, its good.

A small question, did Ymir appear earlier in the manga? I don't remember him, but he has apparently been there since the beginning?

Regarding the human titans With annie turning out to be the female titan, i am 99% sure that the Armoured titan is going to be Jean (mostly due to the identical hair cut/colour). For the really tall titan, i am guessing its going to be Pixis (since he seemed pretty gung-ho on not having Eren killed, and seems to show up not long after the trost gate is broken down).

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

AnonSpore posted:

I could tell you the answers to that but instead my advice would be to exit the thread immediately before you get a faceful of thick gooey spoiler phlim phlam and just read up to present before coming back.

Alright i shall do that and come back.

ActionZero posted:

You probably don't want to be in this thread if you're not up to date on the manga.

Bert is the black haired guy who hangs around with Reiner and is always sweating. Ymir is a woman.

I don't remember any that person at all, i thought Jean was the one always hanging around Reiner :psyduck:, and i had no idea Ymir was a woman.

Alright i am running away now.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Finally caught up with the Manga, and it is good, but i really hope the series tones down the powercreep, i really don't want this to become where everyone turns into a titan. I found the show engaging because it was about humanity trying its hardest to survive, and overcome monsters that dwarf them.

I really don't want this to turn into a manga about a plucky band of human titans, fighting other titans.

- I didn't expect Bert to become to big titan, i barely even knew who he was as a character until right before he transformed. He also looks nothing like it.
- I didn't expect Ryener to become the armoured titan, i thought it was going to be Jean due to the matching hair cut/colour.
- What is up with the furry titan?

Can anyone explain what was the deal with the canned herring, that Jean was shocked that Ymir can read that writing?

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Bifauxnen posted:

I loved the guess of Pixis for Colossal Titan, that would've actually been really fun if it were true.

That was my original guess, considering the timing of his appearances, and Reiner (however at the time i meant to say Jean, due to his grey hair). Personally i still think there is something more to pixis.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Honestly i get the feeling that what the titans vomit up, turns into a titan after awhile. A titan ate connies village, vomits the blob on the house. The blob is still forming into a titan hence why its arms/legs are all weird. That's my theory at least.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Wait where did it say that every titan was from connies village?

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Is it just me or did the big reveal after the credits, seem really off? The rocks just seem to pop out with no noise. As if the titan is blowing some dust out of his face.

:psyduck:

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
So from that raw, apparently Eren can control other titans now?

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
I like AoT because its serious and isn't filled with lovely fanservice. Oddly enough its pretty hard to find another anime that doesn't fall into one of those pitfalls.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

I know this is from several pages ago but, what is the song used in the trailer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Gorelab posted:

Isn't he the guy going 'Yo Eren' at the end when Reiss appears and isn't doing terrible things?

That is what i thought. The person who levi cuts in half, who is he? He looks really familiar.