Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Living inside a city for 100 years probably severely limits the resources you have to develop weapons with. They have what is clearly an unlimited supply for natural gas for their fighting method but making gunpowder could be very hard or rare.

Its still a pretty pointless argument to be having though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The only real complaint is that clearly biology or whatever is far advanced of everything else. It would be kind of cool after everything in the series someone invents a mechanical device that kills titans easily and reclaim the world. It would kind of fit in with how useless everyone has been and the general feeling of despair for the main characters, as Eren would be useless

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Does anyone else think that new species of monkey that was discovered has a familiar expression?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Who cares when/where its set? Its like the most inconsequential thing so far when it comes to the mystery of the series and could well be caused by a bad/lazy translation

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Broseph Brostar posted:

But where would the series go from there? That would wrap up most of the current plotlines, which has never happened in AoT. Something unexpected has to happen next chapter involving a third party.

Its almost like there is a third party titan wandering around who was introduced some time ago that needs resolving on top of the titan village

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The main character is not going to die except maybe at the end

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

eren seems to have a rather large advantage if those are normal titans rather than shifters

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i guess i don't consider making him + reiner/bertholtd retreat with loads of lives lost as a significant victory necessarily since it seems a decent shout armin/levy might finally die

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its out but has seriously the worst quality scans i've ever seen for some pages

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

feels like editor interference to make things more dramatic but is just making them bad

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its not that bad imo. a lot of people getting upset at armin being burned to a crisp in a series with a serum that turns you into a mindless giant and 3d gear

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

It's a series that rationalizes various aspects of its fantasy parts such as the 3d gear and titans well enough to not create much storytelling dissonance in the narrative. There is no such explanation for how plucked'n'barbecued armin then hurtled to the earth and smashed into a roof in his crispy and delicious state and wasn't dead before he hit the ground. He just somehow did, through the power of plot armor.

It would be like if someone in law and order got a full clip of an ak47 emptied into their guts and then the next scene is them being operated on in a hospital to save them, as if they hadn't died halfway through being unloaded into. It's something you don't "just survive" given the tone of the series, without it damaging the tension of the series.

like i think it would be better had he died but this is an overreaction. the series is not our world and our rules dont apply and you're annoyed about the fact that in this specific case they don't

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

This bloke lived like 3 months with medical treatment after taknig a massive dose of radiation and looked a lot like armin did in the photo they took. Its a pretty grim picture mind

:nms:

http://www.iflscience.com/physics/effect-radiation-body0/

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

armin's colossal titan falling over due to its giant head would make up for everything imo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

tfw you're trying to scroll through all the non-spoilered text to avoid seeing anything except a chapter link

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

can't wait to see a dinosaur titan

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

I acknowledge that the series should be allowed to finish, but with Isayama's political views being known to be what they are and this backstory having a not insignificant resemblance to Japanese nationalists' view of the past, I felt it was worthwhile to at least ask.

why does everyone know his political views?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

U-DO Burger posted:

Eren's decision to commit to global genocide is cool and good

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Kerning Chameleon posted:

he's actually super good now that he's finally dropped all pretense, he owns

Same

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I hold out hope eren is going to commit global genocide because that would be a cool and unexpected ending

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Eren Is, And Always Has Been, The Hero And Was Right About Everything, and his ungrateful friends were wrong and bad for ever doubting him.

That's how this story ends.

global genocide would be a great ending

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

You've got to be an extremely sad person to do that

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Eren definitely seemed in charge by the end which would even more so explain his sarcasm

Jose fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Aug 7, 2019

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

I think her unique ability is to call Titans to her, and being a jack of all trades like the Attack Titan.

It's the horny titan really

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Why didn't zeke just enact his plan as soon as he met and touched eren?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

eren genociding the world would be a cool ending mostly because i don't think i ever expected it nor will it actually happen

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Super Rad posted:

Either Eren's plan is to turn Armin into Helos pt 2 or everyone gon' die. I swear to god if the climax boils down to Mikasa finally saying how she really feels I'm going to be very unhappy.

Eren has decided global genocide is preferable to telling mikasa he has performance anxiety

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I think i''m 1/2 chapters behind but mangadex is all hosed up for it rn. Where can i catch up?