Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Turin Turambar posted:

I think the dumbest thing is fans insistence all Titans have to have a unique 'special ability', for parity and consistency I guess. Attack titan doesn't have one. Female titan as you say, it's dumb, being female isn't a freaking ability. I don't think her scream was special, any giant being could attract other titans by screaming at top of their lungs. Hardening isn't an unique ability, Reiner, Warhammer titan, and even Eren after finding the correct bottle are capable of that. I even read that some people say Berthold ability was the extreme heat which is stupid, all titans are supposed to emit some heat, and it's just more heat the bigger they are.

they do but its based on the persons bloodline they said so ymir's jaw titan was weaker than the one that we just saw. zeke can control titans bc of his royal bloodline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

this isn't really the path I expected...

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

So is he doing that thing where he pushes everyone away bc he's about to sacrifice himself or whatever?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Isn't that the mystery girl that played with Historia?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Raxivace posted:

Is it really going to take five whole episodes to get to the ocean though? That's what's kind of throwing me off right now, unless I'm forgetting something big.

Its gonna do Grisha's flashback for like 3 episodes

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

how far into the story has this season of the anime gotten? I haven't been keeping up

its at the basement rn

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Faustian Bargain posted:

Since Eren doesn't have royal blood and thus can't exercise the founding titan, maybe that's why he's immune to the will of the founding titan to not fight against Marley. Because of this, a non-royal consuming the founding titan is the only way to trigger the rumbling.

Wasn't that explicitly said

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Also the scream is apparently a power of that Titan.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

if he can see the future can't he have seen their deaths

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

You don't have a sad sack little brother... the only one you have is [yourself].

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Conspiratiorist posted:

Anyone got a guess on who the guy circled in red is? I had thought it might be Rod Reiss from the eyebrows, but his hair is a bit curly while all the Reiss have very straight hair, and to my knowledge none are depicted with hats like this.

Also I initially thought the kids in green were young Armin and Mikasa, but on closer inspection it appears the one on the right is wearing glasses and the one on the left has short hair or possibly pigtails.

Every other scene/person in the image I have identified. Hi Ymir in the bottom left corner.

Isn't that a young grisha?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Conspiratiorist posted:

Not even close.

e: thought his weird eyelashes were glasses

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Terper posted:

You can see the same process being repeated in Historia, someone who grows up being told that she should be self-sacrificing, decides to go against that (with Ymir's prodding), but eventually...

whys that image want me to sign in bc its 18+

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

what if he just destroys civilization

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

How did Connie's village transform? Did they get secretly fed fluid too?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Coastline paradox but its the titan walls

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Szmitten posted:

"Eren stop killing people killing people is wrong remember when your mother was killed."
"My god you're right."
*holds baby*
"Finally you are free."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOFYvnOmqDQ

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

also presumably since he can see the future he knows that what he's doing is the only way

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Elias_Maluco posted:

About the Attack Titan, my understanding is that is not exactly that it has the intrinsic power to see memories from future holders. That happened, but it was because of Zeke

Once in the Path (or whatever that place where Ymir is is called), Zeke has the brilliant idea of taking Eren to a trip through Grisha's memories. During that trip, Eren is able to talk to Grisha, probably because they are linked (Eren ate Grisha), and because that is happening on that place that is (apparently) outside time

That interference causes Grisha do what he had to do to get Eren where he is now, but not only that: through Grisha's memories, Eren sends a message to past Eren. So when Eren kisses Historia hand and finally have access to the full memories of Grisha, he remembers what his future self said to Grisha, about his future plans. Thats how he can "remember the future", not because the Attack Titan has that power

Owl (the guy who had the attack titan before Grisha) saw Eren's memories tho

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Beefstew posted:

How so?

Eren's obviously a slave to his own desires and his fatalist viewpoint, but does that translate to "oh he's being mind-controlled by Ymir"? Because that would suck imo

He's seemingly locked into a future he can't change. His actions don't matter at this point because the future he saw seems inevitable. That's why he was so mean to Armin + Mikasa.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ymir is gonna be reincarnated into Historia's baby. That's why that ending pic of Eren holding the baby has him saying you're free now.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Sub Harrison posted:

How cheesy would every SL member approaching Eren in the Paths, convincing him to dedicate his heart to humanity?

About as cheesy as Shaman Kings ending.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Conspiratiorist posted:

I also want Ymir freed but that's entirely up to her.

Who do you think Historia's baby is gonna be

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

it's a shonen manga

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Elias_Maluco posted:

Where are you guys reading that?

https://onepiecechapters.com/manga/attack-on-titan-chapter-139-vol-pages/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Office Pig posted:

Well you couldn't land an ending if you had a gun to your head and were probably playing it by ear the whole time but you made millions and inspired fortress fascists and school shooters a whole continent away.

Nice going, rear end in a top hat :thumbsup:

a very normal reaction and post