Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It doesn't help that readers seem to focus on some stupid poo poo. Like their weird fixation on the basement to the exclusion of everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
No one should ever care what Erwin thinks.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean if you dislike AOT pacing, you will loving hate Berserks pacing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

LordMune posted:

Berserk is very deliberately paced for the volume releases and absolutely nails it. Attack on Titan is either less focused on that, or the author is not quite as good at it as one of the masters of the medium. v:v:v

Berserk is 37 volumes in and there has been little progression towards the main plot. So if you care about the main plot (which is how this started) AOT crushes Berserk badly.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Begemot posted:

Berserk has great pacing... after the chapters are out. Reading the archives you can't tell where the big gaps were, it all just flows really well and never feels like there's any padding or stalling.

Of course it helps that it doesn't really have a basement-esque central mystery.

It doesn't have a mystery but it has a goal that the book barely makes any moves toward. They are identical at least as far as the complaints are concerned.

Though what exactly the Godhand are is also a decent mystery.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

What. That makes sense.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Depressingly so.

I meant no sense, it makes no sense.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

So that’s why that came up earlier in the Toonami thread.

I was just horribly confused.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Their are fascistic tones but that is mainly during the uprising arc and it’s never really explored further as the manga shifts almost immediately after.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Why are people always so quick to dismiss the Marleyian version of history completely out of hand? Yeah, they're probably embellishing things to excuse their own lovely behavior, but if the ancestral Eldians were even half as bad as they claim, that still makes them loving monstrous imperialists who reaped what they sowed.

The rest of the world, by the way, don't seem to disagree with the Marleyian assessment of events either, and they loving despise the Marley too for being the current lovely global empire.

I don’t think genocide and concentration camps are ever justified, IMO.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Eej posted:

"reaping what they sowed" in this context, by the way, means being reduced by second class citizens stripped of rights and left to wallow in ghettos :shepface:

Though this is a good example of how Nazis can see it as being pro them.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Laughing at normal peoples suffering seems insanely hosed up.

I don’t know why you live to tell people about that as it makes you sound like a sociopath.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

dis astranagant posted:

You must be new here.

I have seen him say that in other threads so I don’t think it’s trolling.

Which is pretty worrisome.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah AOT is clearly hitting end game and I don’t think it goes that depressing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I never said quick but this conflict is literally the narrative endpoint that raps the titans up. I don’t see much of a point with continuing on after this. It could but it would be rather pointless..

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

It really doesn't feel this way to me. This feels more like the beginning of the last act than the last scene, so to speak. This war is going to go on for much longer than I think you realize, and it's fallout is going to be much much messier than you seem to believe as well.

I don’t know why your obsessed with length as an arc can be endgame and go for however long as it wants. The Chimera Ant Arc is one arc and it’s like half the manga.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Because there is no real evidence it will mostly.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

As far as I know the island ones don’t care about the mainland ones. At least we have no reason to think they care. This is purely a war to defend themselves.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Our heroes, ladies and gentlemen.

At least Floch is loving honest about what he wants out of this war. He can die last.

Yep our heroes doing heroic things, how dare they.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Mountaineer posted:

We don't know what the Wall-Eldians' goal in this conflict is yet, aside from apparently getting Eren to eat those sweet Titan juices, since it's been several years in-story since we've seen events from their perspective. We don't know what their stance toward the other Eldians is, though it likely isn't an entirely friendly one since they haven't shied away from causing collateral damage in the internment zone.

They are probably going to free the others but not out of some racial hivemind KC seems to think they work under.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Mountaineer posted:

Oh, please don't say that. Mikasa killing Eren would be way too dark and depressing of an ending.

There is no way Eren survives this.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Getting upset about armbands is honestly insanely arbitrary a line to draw.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I do not think that yeah, hence why I said it.

I also dont see people upset about Magneto whose villian origin is literally tied to the holocaust.

Including a comic were he literally puts people in concentration camps.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

That isn’t something only they did.

Keeping a minority population separate has been a thing and in the case of the US still is a thing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

You could explain what the difference is, because I don’t see it outside pedantry.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Everyone believes they are the good guy so I’m not sure what point you were trying to make

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

ChairMaster posted:

So... you're saying genocide isn't inherently bad? In what world does someone's motivations for their actions matter more than the results, especially when their actions are literal crimes against humanity?

This is where stereotypes about manchildren watching anime come from, you know. It's people with the minds of children trying to explain why it's wrong to try to fight against genocide as long as the people doing the genocide are sufficiently brainwashed.

Not you. The guy that thought it was a revelation that fascist don’t consider themselves the villians.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Jean nooooo

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

ATP_Power posted:

according to the leak I saw it's worse than Jean

That’s not hard to accomplish

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

HoneyBoy posted:

Gimmie the leak

Sasha is who I saw

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Comixology does same day release but they cost like two bucks for a chapter.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

poo poo, at this rate they may actually be planning to fit the Battle of Liberio Arc in this season. If so, they better drat well have the Linked Horizon fascist OP for that.

Sasha dying being the season finale would be loving hysterical, I'm giddy just thinking about the internet meltdown afterwards.

Your a really hosed up dude.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I'm not the one who wrote the story where the hero decides the only acceptable course of action to protect an encircled ethnic nation from a hostile world is to actually for-real nuke the rest of said world rather than just threaten to.

Your issues don’t have much to do with this manga.

Seek help man.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Lol if you still reply to KC and his hosed up projections of his weird fetishes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean that didn’t really change for her but now she gets to be eternally sad about it