Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

AfricanBootyShine posted:

I just finished the anime. Where should I start in the manga to pick up where it left off?

I'd go back and see if it's been answered before, but I don't want to spoil myself too hard.

32-33 or something. Re-read the Annie fight since it's a bit different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
So this confirms Annie does have the ability to control Titans in some capacity?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CodfishCartographer posted:

So what I'm reading / theorizing is that someone (the royal family?) wanted to make a utopia, so they started making people into titans to make a threat against humanity, while also killing another bird with the same stone by using those titan people to make the walls themselves, giving them a safe, structured area to control completely (hence wiping out all previous records).

The humans that didn't wind up getting roped into the plan are the ones outside of the walls, maybe? And thus they are the good guys trying to undue the royal family corralling humanity for their own control.

So are the wall titans the human-kind and they just sacrificed themselves for it/the greater good? If they are I wonder what THEY know.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CodfishCartographer posted:

e: As for infiltrators being good guys, I could understand maybe that they wanted to wipe out the humans inside as revenge for 'unleashing' the titans on the world for selfish gains, but I'm not sure if that fits together with them not needing to once finding out about Eren. Maybe because Eren can control titans, they think they can use him to just tear down the walls by commanding the titans within?

I'm sure there's more to it than that. I really feel like the current King is a titan himself or something. He certainly has the same old old old wine in his room (that has the ancient language on it).

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

eladank posted:

So according to this chapter 3d gear is from before the wall, if so why did the monkey titan didn't recognize it?

Dunno. If he's never been anywhere near the humans before he wouldn't have seen it no matter when it was devised.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Nelson Mandingo posted:

3d gear's primary use is to fight titans. Having the technology to fight titans is completely necessary. Especially now that one of the walls has fallen. Everything else could be used to expand humanity's technological development or knowledge of the outside world and make it harder for the people in power to stay in power.

This isn't the case. Annie was desperate to kidnap Eren out of fear he was the coordinate.

So what could be in that basement is just a library of really old history books?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kild posted:

It's more likely Mikasa was just experimented on like Eren and is part Titan or whatever.

I think it's more likely he commanded her or nothing actually happened at all. Anime sure made it weird though busting the floor and poo poo.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

This opens another can of worms.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Alectai posted:

I can't really say I'm too thrilled with this latest chapter

I mean, what the hell tipped these guys off? This wasn't just normal paranoia-level poo poo, this was full out "We know exactly what your plan is, and have countered it with the exact amount of force necessary to neutralize it perfectly". That goes well beyond normal black ops and well into "1984 level surveillance" or "We're actually loving telepathic". Especially given how much security that Levi's Group has indulged in, and how they were so sure of the situation that they cut the loving throat of a major, powerful contact without breaking stride.

I can understand them being competent, but this goes well beyond competence and approaches supernatural power. The only 'Mistake' that they made was not killing off the guy's son (Who, given their hypercompetence shown, they should have been well aware that he was just hiding behind a tree). And I expect to find out they left him alive intentionally to set up another major victory down the line.

I mean, hell, if they had dudes this good all along, how did humanity lose in the first place? It would explain why they're not feeling terribly threatened by the Advance of the Titans though, if they're just letting them purge the population, then they'll unleash their supersoldiers to reclaim the walls, and the cycle begins again

I assume they have a man on the inside?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Is that new OAV out?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Saagonsa posted:

Okay seriously who's going to tell them that this isn't a very good endorsement

I don't even see how they are even connected...at all.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I don't remember that dude at all.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Razzled posted:

Hey sorry to barge in homies-- if I watched the anime, where can I pick up where it left off in the manga?

Chapter 33 I believe. Or right before. The last fight is different in the manga.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TheKingofSprings posted:

We'll see it, but we'll have had all the answers given to us by then so it will be meaningless.

...Except for one single thing hidden in the corner of it that will be of vital importance.

A bunch of tiny Eren fetuses in bottles.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Senjuro posted:

Levi vs Kenny & goons was the best action sequence in the whole series so at least we got that out of this story.

Or it's been so long you can't remember the others.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

genericnick posted:

My money is still on parental cannibalism.

Me too with the "My father made me..." stuff

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Now I want to click those black bars. I must be strong!

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I knew ittttt

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Correct. My guess is the Reiss would attempt to maintain the status quo while he knew that Eren would do everything to destroy it. Though that brings up the question of why he didn't do it himself. Either way Grisha is certainly not a morally righteous guy.

http://youtu.be/K1xGix7dw7w?t=3m5s Puts everything he says in this scene into perspective.

Interesting to look back on. So that entire family had that power? What did they even use it for? Did Grisha infiltrate the walls from outside to do all of this?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Elias_Maluco posted:

The fact that he left just before the attack is very suspicious.

Im guessing that he had no other choice: he had to act and could not bring his family together for obvious reasons.

My theory is that he acted either to prevent whatever that the Reiss were doing on the creepy cave, and/or to steal the Reiss powers before the titan shifters could do it. Either way, he absolutely had to act fast and could not bring his family.

I assume he was undercover and just ran out of time to carryout whatever he was doing for the past X years.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jackard posted:

How would they work in a motorcycle scene?

Scouts now use motorcycles instead of horses.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

If you look at the female titan's shoulder, there's a chunk missing from it.

I'm guessing Grisha ran in and just took a bite out of her to gain her titan powers. Whoever she is. I'm pretty sure it's the dark haired lady at the fore of the panel showing the family, since the other girl has bangs and the female titan doesn't. The female titan's hair is light colored, but Eren's hair is different when he changes into a titan later in the chapter, so maybe hair transformation is part of the package. The flashback panels are chronological so there's no way it's a scene from a different time with Historia or something.

I don't see how he'd pull off something like that. He had to be a shifter beforehand.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Oh right, if Eren has all of Grisha's memories now, can't he just...remember whatever Grisha put in the basement?

That would be too easy.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't mind some more Titan action, but it seems that is coming up shortly.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's up: http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics_read/manga?volume_id=273&chapter_num=63.00

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If Eren got eaten people would flip out, and it would be great.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kegslayer posted:

That's what you think. All glory to the ubermensch and the Fatherland/Motherland :japan:

Seriously though the whole Ackerman subplot seems to be a thinly veiled attempt to stretch out the story.

Unless the Ackermans turn out to be monkey titans, I don't really see the point of introducing another set of super powers. If there was something special with the Ackerman bloodline you would have figured that Kenny or Levi would have picked it up the minute they saw Mikasa's full name.

Well one of them will be dead soon so we've got that going for us.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Turin Turambar posted:

Or the other way around, Grisha went to get help to stop the attack, but the king said no for unknown reasons (maybe they didn't want to reveal the power, even at the cost of losing the outer wall?), fight ensued then.

I'd like to think a transcript of this is in the basement.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Catalina posted:

I'm going to laugh if Historia ends up eating her father instead of Eren.

Like 75% chance of that happening.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

flowinprose posted:

And Eren ate Grisha, which is why he has the ability, as well as the memories of Freida and Grisha.

Too bad he doesn't know poo poo (yet).

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Man when RBA found out Eren had this so called "power" they must've poo poo their pants.

Also maybe it's time to finally visit that basement...

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Dec 8, 2014

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TheKingofSprings posted:

Spoilers are out apparently.

Don't know much at the moment other than Historia owns

:ohdear: it's happening I think.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I was looking at the raw. I can't read it but, uh, so what happened at the end of the last chapter? It doesn't match up with what happens in this one at all. Am I just crazy? (Nevermind I looked at it again.)

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:lol: at Eren failing to coordinate.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Squidster posted:

Oh my god that presentation is unbearable. Is there a version without fifteen overlays and distracting guests?

No, that's the Japanese way :japan:. They also replay it 10 times.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Now we'll never see what's in the basement since Eren is about to die to the Monkey.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kyte posted:

Check this guy out:

"Key to the story", according to Isayama.

He said that ~3 months ago right?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Beef Waifu posted:

That's annie, yeah.

CR hosed up then...nice.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer