Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So I stopped reading this ages ago, did they find the basement yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

They've found a basement. It even had important Titan secrets in it!

I guess I should read that then. Is like, the whole world just full of secret titan basements?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Asuron posted:

I'm not sure what you guys are complaining about, that was fine?

Are you just so against the concept of character revival at all that you preemptively call it bad? Because it was done pretty well here. Not gonna agree with Levis decision at the end and the reasoning the author gave for him but still overall done pretty well.

They just chose a boring lovely character to revive. :shrug:

Sarcophallus posted:

Truth be told, I don't really care about this revival business.

I'm just waiting on the incredible disappointment to come from the basement.

I'm hoping it's something so stupid it loops back around to being hilarious.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

But the way it went down just made it so flaccid

Did he really have to inject the whole dose into one dude? Like would it have just given them a mutant half titan or something if he split it?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Red Suit posted:

Can we get to the basement now please

Watch as it turns out armin just crushed it during his transformation and now we'll never know.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

Please.

They're meat mecha.

I hope the secret in the basement is just an evangelion style cockpit they can just plug into any titan to let everyone take control.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

I'm on the side of whoever is against the Nazis, which may be Zeke at this point.

In this analogy, aren't the nazis also now being forced to live in little nazi ghettos where the not-nazis let dogs eat them though? I don't think I like any of these people.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So here's my big prediction. I don't think they're going to kill Zeke in a fight. They mentioned that shifters die fast right? Zeke's probably going to die before they can do that and it'll be anti-climactic and no one will get to eat his crazy monkey power.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

HoneyBoy posted:

Here I gotcha

Grab a piece of wall, throw it. Grab a horse, throw it. Grab literally anything beacuse you're like 50m tall and loving yoked.

Just stab a giant spike through the armor titan and use him as a morning star.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

The ultimate titan is just a matryoshka doll of the nine shifters inside each other

I hope the last anime opening is just a knockoff of that cool scene from gurren lagann showing dudes piloting a robot, piloting a bigger robot piloting a bigger robot. Only it's titans eating each other.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

snucks posted:

IIRC Eren and Reiner have 4 years left, though Reiner seems eager to die a lot sooner. The series will likely end with Eren facing death in some form.

He will eat himself and inherit his own powers.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Beefstew posted:

This, and every single person in the military is batshit insane and amoral.
People who think AoT is fascist are probably the same people who think Starship Troopers (Veerhoven's) is fascist.

Aren't the military dudes in this series also almost completely ineffectual too? Like they all die all the time. They get kids hyped about joining the military then just send them all out to get eaten by monsters while at the same time being rendered completely redundant by mild technological progress. It doesn't seem very pro-military. It seems like it's making GBS threads on the military almost non-stop really.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

Didn't Grisha attack the Reiss family after the shifters attacked? He probably only had the founding titan for as long as it took him to get back to Eren afterwards.

Yeah, I thought the entire reason he wasn't there when his wife died was because he had gone on that trip to go eat the founding titan. Then he came back, turned eren into a titan and got eaten himself.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Rhaka posted:

Reiner totally leaped for Falco who was standing near the door. Kid's gonna live, Reiner might not. Except that Reiner always loving does.

And in crap takes:

Eren gonna chow down on Reiner and the shifter kids, but miss out on Warhammer. Warhammer turns out to be the anti-titan titan. Fight it out.

What if Eren already ate Reiner while transforming, and he's going to bust out real armor powers when poo poo gets serious?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Schwarzwald posted:

There's no point in doing that when any viewer can just google "what's in the basement?"

Every Attack on Titan anime fan I've met has been like, crazy about spoilers. They will go on unhinged rants if they even think someone was spoiling them. It's happened an strange number of times with different people so it's getting kind of weird.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Huh. He really did eat he own mom.

This sure is an ending.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I'd like to state that it's fun how much like Tokyo Ghoul, another series that thrived on its raw edge and grim "anyone can die at any time" nature, this series ended with a really toothless ending that celebrated its edgy boy protagonist and made sure to just be as middle ground happy ending as it could.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Speaking of Historia Remember all that speculation that her kid's father was secretly Eren? Or that it was all a ruse to fool the military people? Nah I guess she really did just fall for her childhood bully and become a non-character just like him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Asuron posted:

That scene is portrayed as a bad thing, you can literally see Niccolo and the Braus family walk away in disgust/sadness.

Again the ending is poo poo, but it still doesn’t have pro fascism leanings despite how much I dislike it. I know you have come in both threads previously trying to shitpost, but cmon try a little harder.

Also like the entire series has basically been about how facism breeds violence which breeds facism. Like every step of the way we've been given story to the people in power abusing their subjects, those subjects rising up through violence and becoming the new people in power; then just doing the exact same poo poo the previous leaders did with a minor tweak or two to totally make it work this time. It seems to be saying that it doesn't, and will never, work and only ensure that not only will you get hosed up: but the people who take over are going to gently caress up too because they learned from you.