Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

The United States posted:

When you've read the end of AoT: "Thank you for genociding for our sake"

I long suspected without bothering to confirm that people were getting real worked up about a lovely translation but yep that appears to be the case

What he says is more like "You became a murderer for our benefit...I swear I won't let your mistake be for nothing"

Not an arigatou in sight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
It's such a bad translation that the only possible explanation besides "a fascist did it" is that they did not read the left panel at all and just guessed

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
I think somehow turning "I swear I will not let your mistake be for nothing" into "thank you" is the bigger issue but to each their own :shrug:

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

In It For The Tank posted:

That's because the arigatō happened two panels earlier:

Uhh AoT is a land of contrasts

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
i'm guessing the anime watchers are going to be way more chill about the ending even with zero changes, and i say this as a compliment. but seeing people hoping the cycle of violence is broken as i once did is a big lol