Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Max22 posted:

I actually like this commercial, but the YouTube comments seem to pan it :shobon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un6kN5lmFnQ

I like the owl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Miss
Apr 8, 2009

Meow
You know what ad I don't hate? The NBA Store. After sitting through countless annoying ads before watching Youtube videos it's refreshing to just get a 3 second still image saying "NBA Store".

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Gonz posted:

It's like Vince Offer got plastic surgery to look even MORE like Michael Shannon's bastard child:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpRaEDOu6fA

Thsi is an actual commercial that is currently airing on television. A woman is cleaning period blood out of her panties over a sink in this commercial. Vince even makes reference to his penchant for whores with the "I've done dirtier things than this" line.

Amazing.

I feel like this dude has somehow managed to go a level beyond self parody at this point. Like he started at self parody and now has reached a place English doesn't have a word for

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

dijon du jour posted:

I think one's personal enjoyment of it probably depends on your tolerance level to tweeness. :v:
For the record I think it's cute as well.

She kinda strikes me as a poor man's Zooey Deschanel.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Is that what this drek is called?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Yep, that commercial is definitely twee as gently caress.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

raditts posted:

a very poor man. Unatractive, cannot sing, only mildly entertaining

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
what the gently caress even is 'twee'

(that commericial is hilarious, if only for the grizzled old music veteran at the end.)

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

SpookyLizard posted:

(that commericial is hilarious, if only for the grizzled old music veteran at the end.)

I think it can refer to a certain kind of pop music, but basically it just means something that's sweet/sentimental to the point that it's kind of ridiculous and a little sickening.

Here's a whole lot of words about "twee."

Kimmalah fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Feb 1, 2014

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

raditts posted:

A Fauxey Deschanel, if you will.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

You Are A Elf posted:

Can...... can I steal this?

Please?

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
i really like how they added the grizzled sound engineer at the end saying she didn't write the song otherwise it'd be annoying as heck just seeing her doing cutesy manic pixie girl things

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Paradox Personified posted:

Can...... can I steal this?

Please?

Sure. I'm just here for the terrible commercials and portmanteaus.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

SpookyLizard posted:

I think "twee" is the new "emo" which was the new "I don't like it and I can't describe why, but it's probably for assholes."

You Are A Elf posted:

:golfclap: Well done, You Are A Elf. Well done.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

raditts posted:

I think "twee" is the new "emo" which was the new "I don't like it and I can't describe why, but it's probably for assholes."

Well it's certainly the new emo in that people love to act like everyone who uses the word doesn't understand it. It's that exact aesthetic of being overly sweet yet lolrandom combined with a bit of indie-sounding music.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

When the hell did "moms" become experts on poo poo? I hate commercials that pretend mothers are the authority on certain products.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

TontoCorazon posted:

When the hell did "moms" become experts on poo poo? I hate commercials that pretend mothers are the authority on certain products.

What the hell are you talking about? Moms are experts on being confused by the internet and misremembering movie titles and actor names.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

TontoCorazon posted:

It's to balance out the fact that fathers are all complete idiots.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

What the hell are you talking about? Moms are experts on being confused by the internet and misremembering movie titles and actor names.

Though they are experts at discovering that one weird trick and telling it like it is in chain emails and forwarded Facebook rants.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

TontoCorazon posted:

They appear to have popped up after mommy bloggers became the latest Internet cottage industry du jour.

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013
Some upper class white mothers only trust other upper class white mothers.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of mom commercials, I'm not a fan of Old Spice's newest campaign where a bunch of sad moms sing (badly) about their boys becoming men while trailing them and being pulled around by weird special effects shots. I normally like Old Spice's campaigns, this one just kinda went into creepy territory. (The grim David Fincher cinematography doesn't help.)

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
Really? I love them. The bowling one is the best. OLD SPICE!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Wojtek posted:

Really? I love them. The bowling one is the best. OLD SPICE!

The voices are just so grating.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I kind of want to try that InVinceAble cleaner.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I think i'm going to have to start paying closer attention to Old Spice commercials, now.

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/man-calls-number-old-spice-ad-gets-huge-150456010--abc-news-deals.html

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008

Maxwell Lord posted:

The voices are just so grating.
That's the best part!

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

angerbeet posted:

Me too. I'm hoping it shows up in Walgreen's As Seen on TV aisle soon. :ohdear:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

angerbeet posted:

He's just so... honest.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The more I see commercials for Ciroc vodka (which is a lot, because Around the Horn and Pardon the Interruption are my guilty pleasures), the more I realize that "Luck Be A Lady" is a pretty drat chauvinistic song.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Y-Hat posted:

The more I see commercials for Ciroc vodka (which is a lot, because Around the Horn and Pardon the Interruption are my guilty pleasures), the more I realize that "Luck Be A Lady" is a pretty drat chauvinistic song.

Well if Dean Martin sings it, you can pretty much assume that it is.

I'm still baffled at what the gently caress Puff Daddy and his aging mobster stereotype friends are doing at the end of the commercial where they're on top of a building howling at the sunrise. Seriously, what the gently caress is that? Are they reverse werewolves or what?

Edmantium
Jan 15, 2011

I WAS READY TO EMBRACE A MAN
ASPCA, Unicef, Heifer, World Wildlife Fund and all of those other organizations could probably pony up their collective change and buy a Superbowl commercial. It would make enough people feel sad and awkward that the FCC would tell them to cut it the gently caress out or they would get enough donations to never need to air another commercial.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Edmantium posted:

ASPCA, Unicef, Heifer, World Wildlife Fund and all of those other organizations could probably pony up their collective change and buy a Superbowl commercial. It would make enough people feel sad and awkward that the FCC would tell them to cut it the gently caress out or they would get enough donations to never need to air another commercial.

Most of their donations go to paying for those commercials, they would just air more if they had more money.

Nerdfest X
Feb 7, 2008
UberDork Extreme
Grown son, arriving at vacation cabin: "Sorry we're late. We stopped by the house."
Dad: "You did? Did you leave everything in good shape?"
Son: "Sure."
Dad checks his phone app, discovers house is *not* in good shape, corrects everything with the push of a button.

Great, right? Except if your fancy phone app is so awesome, why didn't it tell you that the kids stopped at the house before? That way, you could call the kids while they are there at the house, and have them turn everything off.

Also, nobody leaves the kitchen sink running due to forgetfulness. Lights on, sure. TV, maybe. A faucet? No.

Notgothic
May 24, 2003

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

Nerdfest X posted:

Grown son, arriving at vacation cabin: "Sorry we're late. We stopped by the house."
Dad: "You did? Did you leave everything in good shape?"
Son: "Sure."
Dad checks his phone app, discovers house is *not* in good shape, corrects everything with the push of a button.

Great, right? Except if your fancy phone app is so awesome, why didn't it tell you that the kids stopped at the house before? That way, you could call the kids while they are there at the house, and have them turn everything off.

Also, nobody leaves the kitchen sink running due to forgetfulness. Lights on, sure. TV, maybe. A faucet? No.

There's a lot of stupid commercials out there, but it seems like the thread always rolls back around to this one. Because seriously, no one leaves the faucet running when they exit a house, that's moronic.

Unless it's those Wet Bandits I've been hearing about, I guess.

vvvv Hell yeah, that would be an actually useful thing, everyone has that moment where they can't remember if they flushed. It's practical AND great for pranks.

Notgothic fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Feb 2, 2014

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
I would like it better if it could flush the toilet.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Holy gently caress, the new Life Alert commercial has like loving Hans Zimmer Batman music in it. I can't find it online but it's really... uh, foreboding.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Notgothic posted:

There's a lot of stupid commercials out there, but it seems like the thread always rolls back around to this one. Because seriously, no one leaves the faucet running when they exit a house, that's moronic.

Unless it's those Wet Bandits I've been hearing about, I guess.

You'd think that, and this isn't a "house" so maybe it doesn't count, but we've hired people at my work that have literally left a faucet running all night or for hours during the day. It's only happened three times between the two occurrences but some people just are that stupid sometimes.

RadioDog
May 31, 2005
I'm convinced they did it on purpose just so Dad would have a reason to use his "faucet" app. I mean, when else could/would you use something like that. I bet they're all leaving the faucets on all the time just so that smug fucker can turn them off with his phone. "Yeah, we do that just so he'll shut the gently caress up about it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Holy poo poo Audi give me that dog. Give me that dog right now.