Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I think we're supposed to be impressed by that Audi SUV having different configurations for the front headlights, but the woman in the commercial just seems like she needs to get a loving life. Why on earth does someone need to control lights to that nitpicking level?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The fact that we somehow got a second year of that commercial is what really annoys me.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
This Disney+ ad with all these iconic quotes is supposed to be heartwarming, but it just serves as a sad reminder of how much goddamn media Disney currently owns.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I had the TV on as background noise on NHL Network, not paying attention to the commercials, when I heard a familiar voice and went “huh…” and looked up. It was Billy Mays for Mighty Putty.

Reminder: Billy Mays died in 2009.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

fartknocker posted:

I had the TV on as background noise on NHL Network, not paying attention to the commercials, when I heard a familiar voice and went “huh…” and looked up. It was Billy Mays for Mighty Putty.

That's what they want you to think

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Billy Mays died the same week as Michael Jackson, and they were both apparently the same age.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
drat, I would’ve sworn it was early 2010s

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

fartknocker posted:

I suspect poltergeist

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
who was that weird british gently caress who took over once billy mays died

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Anthony Sullivan!

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
That show Pitch Men that they were on was pretty good. Did Mays die before they could do more seasons of that show?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Mahoning posted:

That show Pitch Men that they were on was pretty good. Did Mays die before they could do more seasons of that show?

Per Wikipedia, they did one season, Mays died, they did a second season before it was cancelled.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
He died right after the first season started airing. They said his son was going to take his place for the second season but then it never happened and Anthony Sullivan ended up hosting by himself.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Yeah that sounds familiar now. I thought what made the show great was the contrast in personalities between Mays and Sullivan.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watched a video about the rise of sports betting advertising and how all of those "bet amount, get bigger amount" ads have a bunch of small print that means you have to deposit a LOT of money and then wager on bad odds to get any of that money.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
there's an ad which I think is for anti-parasite pills for dogs which tries to be cute but is instead incredibly freaky

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I was desperately trying to find this thread during all the bad NCAA commercials but search could not find it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Saw an All State Mayhem commercial that I thought was actually kind of cute. Mostly because the premise was "overly competitive brother" and the actor playing the brother was actually Dean Winters' brother Scott.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

fartknocker posted:

Yeah there were like 5 big name celebs who croaked in a two week period in 2009. Farrah Fawcett died the same day that Michael Jackson did, and David Carradine died around the same time too.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Rick posted:

I was desperately trying to find this thread during all the bad NCAA commercials but search could not find it.

The Geico(?) fan one with the superstitious fan who is really just a giant rear end in a top hat is the worst. Someone punch that guy.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

He died right after the first season started airing. They said his son was going to take his place for the second season but then it never happened and Anthony Sullivan ended up hosting by himself.

I think someone suggested to Anthony Sullivan that the Slap Chop Guy(Vince Offer) could co-star with him and Sullivan said something like "Over my dead body"

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

JAMOOOL posted:

there's an ad which I think is for anti-parasite pills for dogs which tries to be cute but is instead incredibly freaky

YES! That one is horrifying.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

iPhone commercial with the guy's photos singing to him is the new "i have to mute the tv when it comes on" hotness that I'm sure will be around for the next 6 months.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'm sure they always were, but iPhone 15 commercials seem to have cranked the 'smug prick' dial up to 15.

There's also the Behr (?) paint commercial with the choir. Commercials are getting so obnoxiously terrible now that I'd be surprised if they weren't being written using some chatbot bullshit.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

This is a thread, huh? Too many to list, but the current ones are:

-"Can you say 'AUNTIE'?" Liberty Mutual.

-Bag Boys makes me never want to go to Wendy's again and I love Wendy's.

-Any Jardiance ad.

YeahTubaMike posted:

I was in such a good mood watching the Puppy Bowl, and then this commercial came on. As someone who's been a Rover customer for over six years, I am personally, DEEPLY offended that they would inflict this embarrassing trash upon me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoLg6mc_N2k

There's a longer version of this which has the dog imagining the human doing things like eating out of a bowl with their hands while missing them, which was kind of fun.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Apr 2, 2024

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

CBJSprague24 posted:

-Any Jardiance ad.

Jardine was worth it once or twice for the 'wait, did they just say this stuff will rot your taint?'

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
I do not appreciate that Carl's Jr needs to start its ads with a voice screaming 'YEAH!'

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Jardine was worth it once or twice for the 'wait, did they just say this stuff will rot your taint?'

At some point they added a definition of the perineum taint to the fine print because people didn't know what it was.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
The "turning into your parents" Progressive commercials are getting noticeably worse, and it makes me sad because those were the only gimmick commercials I've liked in a long time. :smith:

Also, there's one commercial that has "Get Back" by Ludacris (approximately sanitized and chopped up) and another that has "Ruff Ryders Anthem" by DMX (ditto, and :rip: ), and those are maybe the least commercial-ready songs I've ever heard. I don't know what either of them are advertising either.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

YeahTubaMike posted:

The "turning into your parents" Progressive commercials are getting noticeably worse, and it makes me sad because those were the only gimmick commercials I've liked in a long time. :smith:
The one in the mall is one of the few commercials that has ever made me laugh because I've also bought the same shirt I was wearing and wondered how the hell the hippie store is even able to pay overhead much less turn a profit.

Edit: actually, that's not true. The more recent one when they're at the dumpster and the one sap has crown molding scraps because "you never know when you'll need them" and the therapist guy says "I do, and it's never." Dead on. Otherwise, yeah, they're getting more obscure and lame.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

YeahTubaMike posted:

The first couple were OK, but they exhausted the premise pretty quickly. Now they're just digging at the bottom of the barrel.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Getting the Kristen Wiig Target Circle week ad literally every commercial break has gotten old quick.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

There's a couple of commercials starring Matthew McConaughey for some AI-powered advertising firm, sort of animated/rotoscoped with AI processing, that seem calculated to be as annoying as possible in the shortest timeframe.

E: found some

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OHD4sqCE3w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvG41iEXFrU

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 7, 2024

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

McSpanky posted:

There's a couple of commercials starring Matthew McConaughey for some AI-powered advertising firm, sort of animated/rotoscoped with AI processing, that seem calculated to be as annoying as possible in the shortest timeframe.

E: found some

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OHD4sqCE3w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvG41iEXFrU

He's been doing Salesforce commercials for like two years now. This was the first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j4H2q9XleQ

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Those Behr paint commercials feel like something out of a elevated horror movie.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's Baseball/Basketball/Hockey season which means I've got the local NBC Sports affiliate almost every night and this commercial is in every single break.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ1lnUgaW7A

I know it's the whole point but :fuckoff: repetitive musical commercials

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

stealie72 posted:

Edit: actually, that's not true. The more recent one when they're at the dumpster and the one sap has crown molding scraps because "you never know when you'll need them" and the therapist guy says "I do, and it's never." Dead on. Otherwise, yeah, they're getting more obscure and lame.

Everyone knows that damage only occurs after you've disposed of the material you need to repair said damage.

He's just spreading lies.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

I have multiple pieces of 2x6 scrap less than a foot long left over from some deck repair just sitting in the garage taking up space. My wife insists that we keep them. I have been slowly disposing of them by putting one out with the trash every other week. So far she hasn’t noticed. Because it’s scrap. That we won’t need. Or use. Ever.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
You say that but one day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fw7bZoPyVU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I felt legitimate joy watching that video. What's wrong with me?