Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

vyst posted:

I know it's been mentioned but gently caress that weight watchers for men commercial. Dude is like "Well i look better than you right now". What a smug dickhead.

I mean he's in good shape relative to the target weight watchers for men demo but if he were to do the commercial without a shirt most people would just be like "meh".

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Oct 1, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

DJExile posted:

LET'S HAVE A REAL GOOD TIME

:suicide:

One of these days Pitbull is going to have a seizure and nobody will notice for like two hours.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

Tupping Liberty posted:

Surprised to see no complaints about the new Svedka ad. Sexy robots bother me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Stj4fKMkesU

It's like the robots from All is full of love got drunk which I guess it's what they're going for. For what it's worth it bothers the hell out of me too.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

To be fair, I could believe that something roughly the size of Andrew Garfield could come out of CC Sabathia.

lol he fat

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

McSpanky posted:

poo poo, I thought I misplaced a decimal or something. But yeah, I guess technically it's not illegal if there's both an extensive repayment period and no penalty for early repayment. Still pretty drat expensive, I can't really imagine non-exploitative situations where someone would need $5k "tomorrow" that badly and could also afford to pay off substantially more than $500 a month thereafter.

Also since Western Sky is based on tribal lands they have somewhat different rules than the- lax - ones that payday lenders are subject to. For instance I don't believe they are subject to usury laws.

EDIT:

Young Freud posted:

What, does this mean that can hire outside contractors to break your thumbs? :tinfoil:

I don't think so, it just means that since Western Sky is based on a reservation they're actually a sovereign nation and as such don't have laws capping excessive interest rates like most states do. Anyone who defaults or something probably won't have it worse than if they did the same to a normal payday lender (collections, lawsuits, etc.) Maybe if you were to actually go on the res and make a big deal out of it you might be in actual physical trouble.

quote:

WESTERN SKY FINANCIAL is owned wholly by an individual Tribal Member of the Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe and is not owned or operated by the Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe or any of its political subdivisions. WESTERN SKY FINANCIAL is a Native American business operating within the exterior boundaries of the Cheyenne River Sioux Reservation, a sovereign nation located within the United States of America.

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 17, 2012

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

DrBouvenstein posted:

gently caress TriValGo for using that same drat lovely, slightly-creepy, whistling-song tune that the old Enzyte commercials used.

Speaking of, I haven't seen any commercial for these or Extenze in a while. I guess we're all satisfied with the sizes of our dicks now.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

Rhyno posted:

I've found that Axe scents may smell good to a man but a woman might find them very unappealing. I've tested Phoenix on many women and it's pretty much my go to bodyy wash at this point.

The unfragranced shower gels-like snake peel-are actually very good. I've been using the sport one and it's innocuous enough that you can't smell a thing when I've gotten of the shower.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

Sydney Bottocks posted:

That commercial is definitely one of the dumber ones I've seen recently. It's the epitome of "If I like these things that I think women also like, they can't help but want me!" :downs:

He probably got all those reward points after he spent thousands of dollars on strippers and prostitutes.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

Nerdfest X posted:

Chuck Liddell can threaten people with bodily harm to get better seats at the game, be allowed to take flash photos when clearly against policy, or even ride a dolphin. He cannot make beer magically appear if the bar is sold out.

Bud light - who is the official sponsor of the ufc anyways - should have a commercial where the various security guards are Shogun Rua, Rashad Evans and other fighters who have knocked Chuck out.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

Gonz posted:

Golden Corral's worst offense is their chocolate/white chocolate/caramel Wonderfall, which is a perpetually cascading, multi-tiered fondue fountain featuring melted chocolates and such.

I can't even begin to imagine the sheer number of airborne particulates, bacterias, germs and tiny churning food morsels that exist within the Wonderfall, not to mention the amount of people and/or little kids who stick their booger and spittle-covered fingers in the goddamn things when nobody is looking because they're a bunch of goddamn savage animals with no couth.

I wish some local news station's investigative team would do an expose on that loving thing and show the public what an incredibly bad idea it is to use it.

Now watch the commercial and think about the diseases swirling around in this abomination:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXQejgFYig0

One of those sushi/hibachi/Chinese buffetts around here (Chicago suburbs) has one and it was actually quiet clean but the trick is they keep it fairly hidden and hard for little kids to reach on their own.

I am sure Golden Corral does not.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

computer parts posted:

A lot of people like to sweeten their water with lemon or cherry flavoring.

Isn't most of that stuff calorie free or at most 5 calories a serving? Or are people just like putting 3 packets of crystal light into their 10 ounce glass of water (which I guess wouldn't surprise me.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

Irish Joe posted:

I don't know what's worse, Adam Scott claiming that Smirnoff is better than Belvedere/Chopin or Adam Scott wearing a pink shirt.

Also, whoever did Brie's makeup should be shot.

edit: youtube is punishing me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXRb_P89sOQ

Oh God those look delicious.

And while I'm as big of a liquor snob as anyone the vast majority of people-especially at a party-are just going to be mixing their vodka so why not use a less expensive brand anyways? Hell, they could use Popov and it'd be a hard to tell the difference.