Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

osukeith161 posted:

Also, Hyuandi and Pomplamosse. I will never, ever purchase one of your cars. That campaign ruined your brand.

Wait that wasn't Justin Bieber?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA
Is it wrong that the worst thing about that commercial to me is the choreography?

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Not really an ad as much as bad marketing but Dr. Pepper has started a campaign distributing tee shirts that read I <3 DP.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

ElwoodCuse posted:

I don't buy Dr Pepper and don't plan on changing that anytime soon so no, it's not.

This. In marketing classes from grad school they showed us ads like "plop plop fizz fizz" for alka seltzer and other various ads that were among the most memorable of all time and while most were very humorous they did not result in people actually buying the product.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

raditts posted:

I thought that one was the "That's a spicy meatball!" ad, which boosted sales of spaghetti but no one could remember it was an Alka-Seltzer commercial.

You are right. I will go hang my head in shame.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUxU4aRdhWE

This one annoys me because it is trying to annoy me with the waitress.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Evek posted:

Have you seen the new Miracle Whip packaging? Its just a big rear end MW and made to look like it was hand written.

I hate the attempt to make MW extreme. "Mayonnaise? That poo poo is for pussies. Miracle whip is EXTREME and WE WILL NOT BACK DOWN!"

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Have you guys seen the one for furniture face? It is supposed to make your couch cushions not sag. We tested it with SUMO WRESTLERS and it still works!

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Just realized today that annoying girl from e-surance ad is now in an ad for dog treats. I must learn her name so I can destroy her career.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

SpacePig posted:

I think she's adorable. Please don't kill her.

If you can get me her name I will let you visit her in my rape dungeon shed.

WescottF1 posted:

I've had quite enough of that insurance commercial with the web programmer who makes the stupidest facial expressions emailing Mr. Whitey McWhiteguy's "online dating profile" to everyone.

That is who we are talking about. With her hair in pigtails she looks 12. In the dog snack commercial she looks 35.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

Here she is, apparently.

Beep beep penis time. The hunt is on.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

You're very creepy.

Thank you?

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I am sorry. That was excessively creepy.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

I thought that was QFC. Of course with my experiences here with the Kansas arm of Kroger, Dillon's, the "Q" stands for something other than "Quality," of course, I'm not sure what yet.

QFC and Fred Meyer are both subsidiaries of Kroger.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Combo posted:

So is Dillons, Bakers, Gerbes, Calabell, Food4Less, etc.

What we are getting at here is Kroger sucks.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

Is it really that hard to make a mixed drink with two ingredients?

When the drink is Jack and Coke and you are legally prohibited from using Coke then yes it is.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate this for getting stuck in my head so I have to pay it forward. "Hoveround takes me where I wanna go..."

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Feeble posted:

It's probably already been posted by now but those drat anti-smoking commercials with the various people talking through their voice boxes with the grating robotic voice. I like to watch TV while I eat and seeing those is a frickin' fantastic way to spoil what little appetite I have.

I actually like those ads because when the Big Tobacco settlement went through they were required to spend a certain amount of money on anti-smoking PSAs. They chose to use ads like this and those ones where the kids would stack bodies outside the tobacco HQ which have been shown in most cases to not deter anyone from smoking.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

They're Mormons, that might explain it.

I figured as such but the guy funding goes out of his way not to tip his hand politically or religiously.

e: of course his education screams he is a mormon so there we are then.

Rousimar Pauladeen fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jun 12, 2012

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

SpazmasterX posted:

See, they were a lot more obvious back in the 90s. The subject matter would be pretty much the same, but at the end there would always be the voice over guy with (sing along if you know the words): "A message from the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints"

Maybe with the advent of the internet, they have to be more subtle to reel you in? :v:

The fundies call this "circumnavigating the intellect of non-believers."

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

The Toyota ads with the creepy recruiting gimmicks just make me cringe as it is a bad commercial and completely scummy.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Dr Christmas posted:

On the radio I heard a few commercials for an anti-tinnitus drug called "quietus."

The word has some unfortunate definitions.

Also, it's what they called the suicide kits in "Children of Men."

Right up there with the Reebok Succubus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

constantIllusion posted:

Someone may have already posted this, but I hate the Target back to school ads where teachers sing school supply lists to the tune of songs from the 1980s. I have to mute the tv every time one of these come on.

TV would improve dramatically if every ad was sung to the tune of Cameo's Word Up