Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aintain
Apr 6, 2007

Shit, really? They don't?! :,(

Iron Crowned posted:

She's meant to appeal to that. She's meant to who we want to be, carefree and unburdened by the expectations of society. Someone who can just stay home and order tomato soup because it's raining.

She is incredibly loving annoying and her over the top 'quirky' crap is just annoying. She is not anything I want to be, because I'm not a child. The commercial is really irritating.

But what's worse by far are those Mio furry commercials - especially the one where the lemur says, "dude, you just totally crock-blocked me!" How did this pass? Why is this airing? Who are they trying to appeal to?

I see so many commercials that I hate but two that I do enjoy: the Subway commercial with the happy Italian gondola guy singing about pepperoni, and the Tostitos commercial where the guy drops a big bowl of dip on the counter and shouts, "EVEN THIS BIG OL' DIP?" For some reason they both make me laugh.

I also enjoy any J.G. Wentworth commercial, because the jingle is so catchy, I find myself humming it in the shower. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aintain
Apr 6, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

Yeah, the Mio ads are terrible...though I admit I did find it slightly amusing to see that the crocodile is wearing a Lacoste shirt.

crocodile logo shirt

I hadn't noticed that, that is kind of cute. I think the reason they creep me out are the sexual parts (the camel and her big fake 'humps', the 'crock-blocking', etc) If they just made it animals doing human-like things, or making silly animal/human jokes, I would still think they were creepy but not nearly as bad. There is something uncomfortable to me about animal people + sex jokes.

SpacePig posted:

I guess not, but that doesn't mean it makes for a good or interesting commercial. I don't rage about it like people do here, but I hate it because it's just so dumb. Everything about it seems so forced.

Is it "raging" to complain about a lovely commercial in the lovely commercial thread, though?

Aintain
Apr 6, 2007

Gweenz posted:

3. Jimmy Johns drivers smoke pot. All of them. 90% of all employees I'd say. I wouldn't expect any of them to write Beethoven's 5th, but if you need a sandwich delivered in 5 minutes they can do it.

Is there only one of these stores or :psyduck: I mean how do you know most of them smoke pot? And does pot actually make you drive faster or something? If I ordered food, I would rather get it from a guy who isn't high as hell.

Aintain
Apr 6, 2007

Tupping Liberty posted:

Surprised to see no complaints about the new Svedka ad. Sexy robots bother me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Stj4fKMkesU

This is super creepy. If anyone is aroused by this they have some sort of issue.

I think it was Svedka but I can't remember, but there was a vodka commercial that was really cool; it was some kind of robotic greyhound race with these weird, Lady Gaga-like people controlling them, and they were all different colours. I really like that one.

Aintain
Apr 6, 2007

I must be getting very cynical or something cause I found that "thanks mom" commercial cheesy..

404GoonNotFound posted:

That new Kayak ad with the dilated eyes... there are no words to describe it, only silent unending horror :gonk:

This is hilarious, I was just about to come in here & post this except I didn't know what the commercial was even for, just that it's really unsettling.

Aintain
Apr 6, 2007

Dr_Amazing posted:

It's dumb but I'll give this one a pass because watching the guy try to hold the chili makes me laugh.

Me too! I love the voiceover also, it is hilarious.

I NEED that "Crazy Train" commercial to stop. I need it to, it is so terrible. I am just glad that the Mio commercials have slowed down, soon they will be permanently gone and I will stop getting the chills every time I see these animal people using creepy sexual words ..

Aintain
Apr 6, 2007

Awesome Welles posted:

I honestly can't think of another commercial that has had me reaching for the mute button like that loving thing. gently caress those kids and their terrible voices.

That and their awful facial expressions, particularly the girl who slowly smirks while looking to her right. I can't stand it.

I just saw a new awful commercial for Klondike bars. The guy is posed a challenge, "Listen To Your Wife For 5 Seconds" for a Klondike bar. She starts telling him about her day, he makes all kinds of contorted facial expressions of discomfort, then 5 seconds later, two girls rush in and cheer while confetti falls, and the guy celebrates.

Oh, I get it, guys hate to listen to women talk! How hilarious! Men, am I right? And women, am I right?

:rolleyes:

Aintain
Apr 6, 2007

Never Odd or Even posted:

The worst part is that ad is from a few years ago. They started reshowing it for goddamn-knows-why.

Oh, I apologize, I thought it was new cause I've never seen it before. It's one of the worst commercials I've ever seen, cause I especially hate ads where the joke is "[gender] am I right folks?" Like this Klondike one, or any commercial where a guy can't manage to microwave his dinner without his wife rolling her eyes and doing it for him etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aintain
Apr 6, 2007

This was considered a good commercial? It's creepy as hell.