Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
Am i the only one bothered by the Vonage commercial with the barista(?). Now talk on your phone and spin instead of doing your job even though it's visibly pissing off your customers!

Also the consumerist is doing voting for the worst commercial
http://consumerist.com/2011/10/vote-here-for-the-worst-ad-in-america-awards.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

squarerandom posted:

Samsung Galaxy 2 commercials are pretty loving annoying, "we're just like the iphone so it means were better!". Some dopey guy walks into a small clothes shop and asks the girl for thumbless gloves to text and she shows him she can text by asking him out on a date through voice text. They sell gloves that let you text jerk, and you can text via voice on Iphone 4s too.
A phone commercial shows a feature implying you can't do the same/similar on a competing device?
Welcome to pretty much all iPhone ads.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

The Human Cow posted:

Ever since I read somebody say (it might have even been in this thread, I don't remember) that it sounds like "SOMEBODY LOVES POTATOOOOOOOES" that commercial has gotten a million times more enjoyable for me.
ahh "somebody loves" potatoes, I think "so many mashed potatoes" to get me through it.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

raditts posted:

It's okay, just because Florence and the Machine weren't responsible for SOMEBODY LOVES POTATOOOOES doesn't mean they're not loving terrible.

Is it just me or is "pen" in "open" emphasized HEAVILY now?

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

raditts posted:

I'm pretty sure it's the former, but a commercial where they just come out and say "We're #3!" is a pretty funny concept.

Avis had a huge campaign where they admitted they were second to Hertz

The Merkinman fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 27, 2013

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Suzuki Method posted:

Segment? It's 30 minutes long I have no idea what you want me to watch.

Skip to to about 15:25 (to 21:25)

The Merkinman fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Apr 29, 2014

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Acquire Currency! posted:

Right? loving right?!
Only tools research things before they buy them. Be the cool kid and buy our phone sight unseen.
Isn't the point of those commercials that you shouldn't believe marketing and do research on your own? Or are you making fun of muscles like this? for getting tired of the commercial in the first place?

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

PT6A posted:

Exactly. It's a hash used to tag a message. This is "ATM Machine" all over again, dammit!

What wrong with an ATM Machine? It's where you use your PIN Number.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

At least that awful Keep Calm junk hasn't spread to TV. Yet.
Life is short. Keep calm and buy our product

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

computer parts posted:

eat-the-rich.mp4
I read this in the style of Peyton Manning doing the jingle.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

Y-Hat posted:

This commercial for an event hall in Brooklyn was made relatively recently, but it's made in such a way that makes it look really old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC6AzmXrNbU

I actually met the old man in the commercial. They opened a beer garden there this summer, and he told me to not put my giant mug of beer on a table. After I recognized him, he said, "We make your dreams come true!" to a group of people looking around.
I knew what this was even before clicking on it. I honestly thought it was really old when I first saw it. Used to live near it too so I was extra confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

TontoCorazon posted:

Where the gently caress do you think bananas come from?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWoOqOBagBc