Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

Getting a heavy metal avatar leads to far fewer regrets than a heavy metal tattoo.
Everytime I see a commercial by that crazy motherfucker it reminds me of Senor Cardgage from Homestar Runner. It's scary how similar they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

Getting a heavy metal avatar leads to far fewer regrets than a heavy metal tattoo.
In 2005 on Comedy Central you would easily see commercials for Jamster every commercial break. I don't remember more than one Jamster ad in the same break but I could easily see it happening.

Cartoon Network did the same thing with commercials for the Powerpuff Girls Movie. It wasn't as lovely as the Jamster ads but it did get a bit annoying to see the same ad six times in an hour. Apparently all that advertising didn't work because it didn't make that much money!

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

Mister Kingdom posted:

Why children shouldn't swig Nyquil.

When I watched this commercial I had it muted and had some eery instrumental death metal playing over it. I thought it WAS part of the commercial until I looked down to see that I had Youtube muted.

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

He looks like a stroke victim.

Stroke victim, 80s rock singer, what's the difference these days?

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

I usually like most commercials the first time I see them, or think they are okay, but that one I immediately was like gently caress you geico. the pigs fly joke is just so stupid, it's like they were all poo poo faced or they let one of the writer's 5 year old nephews write it.

Perhaps they had a drunken five year old write it?

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

BigBoss posted:

What kind of car do you drive? If you said a Prius, Civic, I ride a bicycle, Volvo, I ride the bus, or anything other than a US made truck, well then you'll probably not get the ad. That's OK because they really don't give a poo poo about catering to you, since you're not going to buy a Ram anyway. But the kind of people in the market for a truck who may consider a Ram are the kind of people who like the ad. Chrysler has been killing it the past few years and they've been putting out really good marketing materials and TV spots since the Eminem ad 2 years ago. They really refocused their attention and are catering only to likely customers instead of trying to convert die hard fans of the alternatives.

drat son, what did public transportation and car not made in America do to you? You seem to have a bit of a grudge, son.

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

Sash! posted:

There's no such thing as public transportation where the target audience lives.

There is; it's when you jump into the back of Toby's pickup and go for a ride!

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

I think the commercials (and maybe even companies) are more concerned with taking your money by convincing you that those other foods are garbage than actually having healthy, natural products for your dogs.

Makes you wonder just what they truly mean when they say natural, but I imagine the best way to better learn about their products is through a factory tour if anything.

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

I like how the commercial threw in that the chief was in an adultery scandal, just to make him look like as big of a poo poo as possible.

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

At least the dad made sure not to mix up the presents so the mom would end up a Skylander's game and the son with a Tickle-Me-Lovehole.

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

Perhaps that is the future of advertising. Five years from now when you're watching repeats 3 in the morning on Comedy Central you will be seeing ads for LadiesTurningIntoStatues1982's Youtube channel instead of ads for catheters.

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Going to Red Robin, seeing things spelled with an apostrophe-d, like "Garnish'd" and "Flavour'd" seriously grinds my gears for some reason.

Ah, the Strong Bad school of advertising, very 2004 chic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

McSpanky posted:

I forget which movie this commercial was for, I think the new Jurassic World, where all the review quotes were from Twitter handles. Jesus wept :negative:

It's all fun and games until @NARUTOSDICK winds up on a movie commercial.